1. Standard memberscrumpymanjack
    Albert King is God
    Mexico City
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 16:30
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Presumably so that when you have it on your screen [at work] it looks more like something that [b]should be there - hence the name.[/b]
    Oh yeah, sure. A load of chess boards on your screen while you are at work, the boss comes by, peeps over your shoulder and thinks: oh, that's ok, it's in black and white, not red. That must mean he/she is working rather than playing chess on the company's time. I just don't get it.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 22:55
    Originally posted by scrumpymanjack
    Oh yeah, sure. A load of chess boards on your screen while you are at work, the boss comes by, peeps over your shoulder and thinks: oh, that's ok, it's in black and white, not red. That must mean he/she is working rather than playing chess on the company's time. I just don't get it.
    "more like" and from a distance it doesn't stand out so much as red does and could pass for a page of work....maybe.
    Obviously close up your boss would see what was going on.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 10:34
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    I'm well used to "tabbed browsing" having used it for YEARS in safari on my OSX box. I much prefer a the IE way of using a new window and alt+tab to switch between them. But to each his own.
    You know you can do it that way in Firefox as well. Alt + N and Alt Tab work just as well.

D
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 19:44
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    I'm well used to "tabbed browsing" having used it for YEARS in safari on my OSX box. I much prefer a the IE way of using a new window and alt+tab to switch between them. But to each his own.
    Just installed an extension called Reveal (https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1942&application=firefox) whereby if you press F2, it shows you thumbnails of your current tabs, and allows you to go straight to the page by clicking on the thumbnail, or close a tab by middle clicking. Won the grand prize in the Extend Mozilla competition run by Mozilla.

D
  5. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 11:34
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Just installed an extension called Reveal (https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1942&application=firefox) whereby if you press F2, it shows you thumbnails of your current tabs, and allows you to go straight to the page by clicking on the thumbnail, or close a tab by middle clicking. Won the grand prize in the Extend Mozilla competition run by Mozilla.

D
    It's very slow if you have a lot of tabs open or use the history feature. I like the magnifying glass though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree