1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 06:56
    Originally posted by venda
    I'm sure it's been suggested before but challenges based on a separate clan rating(same as the club rating system) would be a way forward.
    It wouldn't solve any issues regarding resignations but would cut out falsifying one's rating by using tournaments etc as a tool.
    Regarding Metallica challenges, a lot of the bad feeling has been generated by their resign ...[text shortened]... s in deciding what was a fair matchup, but it wouldn't do for all of us to be the same would it?
    A good idea but Russ has posted the idea would be impossible to implement which is a shame we get individual club ratings but we can't get clan rating
    Russ said it was because there is too many moving clans or leaving then returning to the same clan
    Remember ratings that fall might be nothing to do with sand bagging players personal life can also effect playing strength
    Not sure if Russ has ended his investigation yet or I'd still open to new ideas we had a vote. Maybe there will be no more changes
  2. Here
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 13:35
    Originally posted by roma45
    A good idea but Russ has posted the idea would be impossible to implement which is a shame we get individual club ratings but we can't get clan rating
    Russ said it was because there is too many moving clans or leaving then returning to the same clan
    Remember ratings that fall might be nothing to do with sand bagging players personal life can also effect p ...[text shortened]... estigation yet or I'd still open to new ideas we had a vote. Maybe there will be no more changes
    I think Russ got the whole idea wrong
    I think he thought that we meant a different rating for each clan that we are a part of
    Whereas we meant a clan rating for all the clan workings
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 14:07
    Originally posted by padger
    I think Russ got the whole idea wrong
    I think he thought that we meant a different rating for each clan that we are a part of
    Whereas we meant a clan rating for all the clan workings
    That's open to sand bagging though
    Say clan A is your main clan to win games but player joins clans B and C loses on purpose to keep rating low
    Has to be a clan by clan separate player rating for it to work but Russ said that would be impossible
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 15:32
    Remember ratings that fall might be nothing to do with sand bagging players personal life can also effect p ...[text shortened]... estigation yet or I'd still open to new ideas we had a vote. Maybe there will be no more changes
    Ok.
    I must've missed that.
    I'm not a leader now so I don't pay a lot of attention.
    It was just Rusty's post that said all comments were welcome that I picked up on
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 15:41
    Originally posted by venda
    Ok.
    I must've missed that.
    I'm not a leader now so I don't pay a lot of attention.
    It was just Rusty's post that said all comments were welcome that I picked up on
    It's a great idea and has been put forward before. But Russ has ruled it out as being too complicated to implement
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 16:211 edit
    It's a great idea and has been put forward before. But Russ has ruled it out as being too complicated to implement
    There would be one way to do it. Don't think it would go over well with the majority though, is that a person can only belong to "One Clan". You couldn't mess with the rating then.

I belong to another site and you can only belong to one team at a time, can't be on multiple teams. I think that is where the problems arise on this Site.

-VR
  7. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 17:23
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    There would be one way to do it. Don't think it would go over well with the majority though, is that a person can only belong to "One Clan". You couldn't mess with the rating then.

I belong to another site and you can only belong to one team at a time, can't be on multiple teams. I think that is where the problems arise on this Site.

-VR
    I suggested one man one clan before
    Not much support some like to be leader and play for a big clan
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 21:02
    I suggested one man one clan before
    Not much support some like to be leader and play for a big clan
    I don't think there should be such a thing as one man clan. A clan is a group of people not one person.

-VR
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Jun '17 21:08
    I don't think there should be such a thing as one man clan. A clan is a group of people not one person.

-VR
    i dont mean a one man clan
    i mean one man should only be in one clan.
    most did not like the idea
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 00:17
    i dont mean a one man clan
    i mean one man should only be in one clan.
    most did not like the idea
    My mistake, I thought you meant a one man clan.

I believe there should just be one man per Clan also. I use to be in several clans, but then decided my loyalty lay with Metallica, not with the other Clans I was in, so I left them.

I didn't think people would like that, but it certainly would solve a lot of issues I would think?

-VR
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 01:38
    Say clan A is your main clan to win games but player joins clans B and C loses on purpose to keep rating low
    Has to be a clan by clan separate player rating for it to work but Russ said that would be impossible
    We want to be careful that we don't over-engineer the solution.
    The basic suggestion was that a player have a separate rating for clan games.
    Any clan games regardless of a player moving from one clan to another.
    Or any player belonging to multiple clans.
    Russ walked away from the suggestion because the solution was over-engineered.

Let's stick with improving the system rather than making it bulletproof.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 01:551 edit
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    We want to be careful that we don't over-engineer the solution.
    The basic suggestion was that a player have a separate rating for clan games.
    Any clan games regardless of a player moving from one clan to another.
    Or any player belonging to multiple clans.
    Russ walked away from the suggestion because the solution was over-engineered.

Let's stick with improving the system rather than making it bulletproof.
    mghrn55,

What if a person could only belong to one clan, would that help or hurt things? I am on another site, and you are only allowed to be on one team at a time. I've been with my present team now for a few years. I don't see a big swing in people's ratings like I do on here to be honest about it. ( Unless of course someone is having Medical or other issues)

The way we now have it you can be on at least 3 different clans! You can still manipulate your clan rating as roma stated, the way things now stand.

-VR
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 05:25
    mghrn55,

What if a person could only belong to one clan, would that help or hurt things? I am on another site, and you are only allowed to be on one team at a time. I've been with my present team now for a few years. I don't see a big swing in people's ratings like I do on here to be honest about it. ( Unless of course someone is having Medical or othe ...[text shortened]... lans! You can still manipulate your clan rating as roma stated, the way things now stand.

-VR
    That is a valid point. But ........
    I suspect site allowed players to belong to more than one clan for a reason.
    If that were taken away, not sure the impact that would have on the feature.

Also, trying to implement this rule would create a lot of chaos.
    Which clans should players dump ?
    What about games and challenges in progress ??
    etc, etc ...
  14. Here
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 07:301 edit
    I do not think this stands up because any leader worth his salt would soon tumble this and kick the player into touch it would cost his/her clan too much
  15. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 Jun '17 09:36
    Originally posted by padger
    I do not think this stands up because any leader worth his salt would soon tumble this and kick the player into touch it would cost his/her clan too much
    Only if leaders all played fair
    Look at 2016 we know that's not the case

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree