an end game neither will forget

focus on clan play, and this game is futile
    focus an chess, and this is exactly what we want to see in every game

please, let's reward each game is our scoring

if we go there, let's allow more than ...[text shortened]... ny is too much

i don't have the answer folks
    all we're looking for is a more playable system
    Giannotti,

To be honest it could very well end up in a draw also, could it not? Of course we can not discuss this while the game is going on.

I don't know if the lesson is worth having to wait for a finish that has already been decided in the clan challenge. That of course is where we differ in opinion.

That is why I play in tournaments, to learn and try new things. I feel playing in my clan I have a responsibility to my other team mates not to hold up a challenge where the result is known. Especially now where the amount of Challenges are limited, as I've said before.

I think the scoring system is done fairly as it now stands. In any sport the losing team doesn't get anything for losing with the exception of hockey where the losing team will get a point when the game is decided in over time. The winning team getting two points.

-VR
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Jun '17 19:42
    Originally posted by padger
    No
    Was it announced or did you have to find out by trying to do more than 3 ?
    It was announced by Russ
  3. Here
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 06:56
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    It was announced by Russ
    Missed that
    Probably got fed up with all the clap trap that goes on in the Clan Forum and decided to give it a miss for while
    Is it Clan challenges or Clan games ?
    Doesn't seem fair that say 3 * 10 player challenges are the same as 3 * 2 players
  4. Here
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 07:05
    Been back through the Announcement Forums
    I am unable to find this
    Was it sent by message ?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 12:352 edits
    Been back through the Announcement Forums
    I am unable to find this
    Was it sent by message ?
    padger,

It may have been put in site announcements. Also may have been send directly to the clan leaders. I remember shortcircuit mentioning it to us in the our clan forum.

I assumed being a Clan Leader you would be up on this stuff.

-VR
  6. Here
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:33
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    padger,

It may have been put in site announcements. Also may have been send directly to the clan leaders. I remember shortcircuit mentioning it to us in the our clan forum.

I assumed being a Clan Leader you would be up on this stuff.

-VR
    Yes
    You would think so
    I totally missed it
  7. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:44
    Yes
    You would think so
    I totally missed it
    If you search Russ's posts for 23rd July 2015 you will see the announcement. It was in the old Clans forum before he suspended it so you cannot search it that way any longer but it still shows up in his record of posts.
  8. Here
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 19:44
    Originally posted by Ragwort
    If you search Russ's posts for 23rd July 2015 you will see the announcement. It was in the old Clans forum before he suspended it so you cannot search it that way any longer but it still shows up in his record of posts.
    But I have set up more than three challenges in a go since then
    So is it forbidden or not ?
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 01:10
    between two clans, only three concurrent challenges are permitted
    having a limit is good, the system is too easy to manipulate without one

if we adopt a new scoring system, the current limit could lead to stagnation
    i'm new to this guys, i'd welcome thoughts on what the new limit shoud be
  10. Here
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 05:59
    Originally posted by Giannotti

OK
    I have never tried to do more than 1 Challenge at a time with 1 Clan
    What's the point ?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 17:21

Giannotti,

We have many teams who will not except a challenge from us no matter how fair the challenge is. I don't know that putting a limit on it is the way to go.

In my personal opinion, I think every team should have to play every other team at least once during the year. Clan Leaders would of course know more if this would be possible.

-VR
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 14:14
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Giannotti,

We have many teams who will not except a challenge from us no matter how fair the challenge is. I don't know that putting a limit on it is the way to go.

In my personal opinion, I think every team should have to play every other team at least once during the year. Clan Leaders would of course know more if this would be possible.

-VR
    we're one of the clans that have a hard time excepting a challenge from Metallica

with players resigning when the outcome of challenge is decided, there's a artificial rating drop

your players are under-rated by about 100 points, so if i offer or accept a challenge that looks about equal for us rating-wise, we just get clobbered

i'm hoping that a change in scoring will entice you guys to play every game to the end, and your ratings will find their natural level

when that happens, i'll be able to challenge your clan with confidence
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 16:41
    we're one of the clans that have a hard time excepting a challenge from Metallica

with players resigning when the outcome of challenge is decided, there's a artificial rating drop

your players are under-rated by about 100 points, so if i offer or accept a challenge that looks about equal for us rating-wise, we just get clobbered

i'm hoping that a ...[text shortened]... nd their natural level

when that happens, i'll be able to challenge your clan with confidence
    The proposal I put forth addresses most of the issues in combination.

As to the issue of resigning games in decided challenges, I think it happens, but nowhere near as often as some individuals would have lead everyone to believe.
    Individuals who are now no longer here.

I think a 3 challenge limit contributed to this problem when it did happen.
    And we all know what brought about this limit.

But then it would happen everywhere.

Remember, there was a lot of white noise over the issues.

Besides, ratings can be manipulated from outside the clan feature, ie tournament games.
    90% of my games are tournament games.
    Which is why a separate rating for clan games is probably the most important proposal out there.

I resubmitted my proposal in this thread , at your request I believe, so they are still open for consideration.
    As well as solid contributions from yourself and others.

I think right now is a good time for cooling off period.
    Which is why I have been relatively absent from this forum.

As to your reluctance to take our clan on in challenges, that is your perogative.
    But we are the clan you are trying to catch.
    You want to take us on, I would think.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 14:33
    Giannotti,

I think you will find that most clan players are under-rated, you can't just point a finger at one Clan. Do you think all your players are at their actual rating? Think very carefully before answering that question. Pretty well everyone plays in tournament games which can alter ones ratings sometimes higher than lower.

It is very difficult to know where a players playing strength really is unless you've played with them for many years and paid close attention. There are are also health issues that can arise which can effect a persons ratings, family problems, Moving, etc., etc., no one is always playing their "A" game.

I believe it has really been blown out of porportion as to how often games are resigned because the challenge has been lost. Perhaps keep track of it over a period of time, and get back to us on the results you find. You will most likely find they are much lower than you assumed.

It is a pleasant change to discuss the issues about the clan system without a lot of name calling going on. Everyone's contribution is welcomed and most have very good suggestions, not saying I agree with them all of course. 😉 I of will how ever go with what is decided by the majority, not a minority of discontents. I suggest we move on from the past, and try to make things better in the future for the Clan Challenges.

-VR
  15. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Jun '17 16:46
    I'm sure it's been suggested before but challenges based on a separate clan rating(same as the club rating system) would be a way forward.
    It wouldn't solve any issues regarding resignations but would cut out falsifying one's rating by using tournaments etc as a tool.
    Regarding Metallica challenges, a lot of the bad feeling has been generated by their resignation policy in already decided challenges although it never bothered me when I was a leader.
    My only problem was Shorty and myself couldn't often find matchups that suited us both because of our differences in deciding what was a fair matchup, but it wouldn't do for all of us to be the same would it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree