Clubs consultation thread

Clubs consultation thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Russ,

It seems the forums are being filled with excessive spam with everyone trying to recruit at the same time for this new contraption. It's no ones fault really and hard to blame anyone, it is just that there doesn't seem to be a place to do it.

Why isn't there a 'Club forum' like the 'clan forum' for recruiting to keep it out of all the threa ...[text shortened]... Club directory itself. It's getting pretty messy out there.

Edit: Club 23
How is it spam when the clubs are actively recruiting new members.

Are you saying only clan threads in the clan forum?

If so many of the recently posted rubbish would be more appropriate to the general forum.

No-one, (except you, then again I got it right first time) is bothered about the actively seeking Club members threads.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by adramforall
Are you saying only clan threads in the clan forum?
YES !!!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Ichibanov
I think the answer is 'No', but is there going to be any limit on how many clubs you join?
No, there is no need to limit membership in this way.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by c99ux
Do clubs have their own private forums?
Not right now, but yes, they will.

-Russ

A

Amsterdam

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
Russ,

Is / will there be the option to "kick" players out of the club?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08

OK, so some clubs have met the minimum membership numbers now, so I will get the ratings plumbed in over the weekend.

So, nothing new for a few days, sorry.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Russ,

Is / will there be the option to "kick" players out of the club?
Currently, no one can leave. (Kicked or otherwise.) But, this will come of course.

-Russ

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Mar 08

Currently, no one can leave. (Kicked or otherwise.) But, this will come of course.

-Russ
Do you want to join my club?

Club 7

* Starts polishing size 11's *

Can you imagine the kudos at being able to kick site admin out your club lol

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
07 Mar 08

Will we be able to create tournaments that allow non-subs ?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Will we be able to create tournaments that allow non-subs ?
Nope.

-Russ

d

Moves
07 Mar 08

-Russ
Will non-subs be able to access these club private forums?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

Yes.

-Russ

(I see no reason for them not too, it is for the club admin/s to decide who has access to their club private forum.)

A

Amsterdam

Moves
07 Mar 08

Yes.

-Russ

(I see no reason for them not too, it is for the club admin/s to decide who has access to their club private forum.)
Russ, maybe missing something here..
But what will the added value be, other than having an extra rating in your player profile (that will be almost similar to your regular rating as your club-size increases)?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
07 Mar 08

But what will the added value be, other than having an extra rating in your player profile (that will be almost similar to your regular rating as your club-size increases)?
Hamsterman,

I believe the reason for Clubs is so we the public can join or run a clan any way we see fit. If everyone in a club starts getting upset about a user, they can ask their admin to remove the player. They can leave the club if they are not satisfied. The admin can run it any way they see fit.

They can run their forum any way they see fit, just like a clan but with many more members if they run it well. I plan to cut way back on my public style games, and get into club more. Trying to get clan 13 rolling, and will join another clan based on who is in it and who is running it.

It's Russ giving us the chance to do what he does any way we see fit. It won't be perfect, but it's something new to try. Russ talked about this a long time ago, and I thought the idea died... but now here we are after the newest fiasco.

P-

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Mar 08

Added value.

Many non subs have now got access to something similar to the clans.

They will get a better feel for the site, and will potentially join the site to participate more (after all they only have 6 games at present) and thus also gain access to tournaments and clans.