Clubs consultation thread

Clubs consultation thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Aiko
Maybe we should get the 'Affiliated Clubs' next to the 'Affiliated Clans' information mentioned in our profiles?
Agreed.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Ramned
I agree with this; let club games affect only club rating. Otherwise engine users will get double the benefit; a fake club rating AND a fake rating.
I am very flexible on this, if this is the way people would like this to go, I have no problem at all with implementing it that way.

-Russ

D

Moves
06 Mar 08

Maybe a private forum for clubs? I think it would work better than clans as there would be more members and club games could be discussed when finished amongst both the opponents and all other members.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Drew L
Maybe a private forum for clubs? I think it would work better than clans as there would be more members and club games could be discussed when finished amongst both the opponents and all other members.
I would like to see each club have 4 forums they can open, and name them any way they like.

P-

c

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Ramned
The most important thing for a club is to have a DEDICATED leader. I have chosen my club based on the leader's activity (GalaxyShield) and it seems to be a good club.

- The club leader ought to check each user very specifically to insure that the user does not use engines. Should be done often - some players will be easy to determine.

-Ought to be a st ...[text shortened]... ity in leadership and shows the leader knows what he's doing.

-Ought to know the site well.
I think that's an excellent argument.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Mar 08

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Is it an amnesty for past discretions, and what is ther current Game moderation system ?
Thread 88786

-Russ

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
Thread 88786

-Russ
Well done mate (I've copy/pasted that a few times at this stage).

I managed to cop a game with David Tebb out of this, so it's all good 🙂

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

Q: How does this rating stuff work again?
A : Rather than isolate people in a club from the rest of the site, games are created in the normal way. The site will detect when two club members play each other (it could be ANY rated game on the site, a clan game, a tournament game, siege game, a challenge game, or whatever comes along in the future) and then adjust the club rating for those games in addition to the main site rating.
What about unrated games between club members? Will these have any effects on the club?

Also, why must there be at least 50 members? Seems like a bit much, especially if clubs are to seem like "small communities." Surely a minimum of 20 or so would be sufficient?

D

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by wittywonka
What about unrated games between club members? Will these have any effects on the club?

Also, why must there be at least 50 members? Seems like a bit much, especially if clubs are to seem like "small communities." Surely a minimum of 20 or so would be sufficient?
I agree. 50 seems a little high

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Mar 08
3 edits

Originally posted by wittywonka

With 19,000+ users making up the player tables, 50 seems very small.

DS

Moves
06 Mar 08

So if you join, for example, 6 clubs, you'll eventually have 6 different club ratings, 1 main Site rating and presumably a blitz rating? = 8

Think I'll leave you all to it, ones enough for me.
Some might like the idea though, I guess.

n
The Conductor

With the band

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Drew L
I agree. 50 seems a little high
I agree. I would like to use this tool to have my students meet and play each other. I only have 32 on the club ladder at school. Perhaps an option for the club admin. to set the minimum number of members needed? I understand there should be a limit to make ratings work better, but I think flexibility can be given here.

np

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
06 Mar 08

I have a question: Say you accept someone into your club, then later on, you start to suspect something fishy is going on (this could be a number of things, either a sudden rise or drop in rating, suddenly exploding in the forums etc..), how do you remove the club member, if you start feeling uncomfortable with them? Is there currently a way to do so that I haven't found (I like to make sure something is there, even if I don't need it, in case I do later)? If not, perhaps a little 'boot' link would be appropriate, like in the clans?

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
06 Mar 08

I am very flexible on this, if this is the way people would like this to go, I have no problem at all with implementing it that way.

-Russ
I like it being double rated, actually. Mostly because of the tournaments and leagues that wouldn't be part of the club. Unless the clubs will have their own sections for these, of course, but otherwise it seems like real ratings could suffer. But this is just my opinion.