Forum Moderation

Forum Moderation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Seek help.

Seriously. I don't know what Crowley has to do with the post you quoted.

I've no interest in your continuous flaming to be honest. As a concerning human being, I'd recommend you reread your post history, see that all you look for are fights, even when none is being offered, and seek help.

D
Listen you are a Good Friend Of Crowley and one of the forum bullies as far as I am concerned, I need help, for speaking the truth. It is time you guys stood back and had a long look in the mirror at yourselves, and bullying that you do in the forums!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
why is it called trolling when I answer posts directed at me? Yes Rags can answer several posts directed at someone other than him, and that is not trolling....You couldn't even define with trolling was, there was this grey area? Have you now come up with an explanation??? Or is it still Moderator discretion?

You want to talk about Moderation and what to do to make it better, and when points are made you don't want to listen to them or take them into account:

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Listen you are a Good Friend Of Crowley and one of the forum bullies as far as I am concerned, I need help, for speaking the truth. It is time you guys stood back and had a long look in the mirror at yourselves, and bullying that you do in the forums!
I've asked you for some examples of my forum bullying on numerous occasions. Every time you've skulked away, until the next time you come out from under your bridge to troll some user or another.

If RHP makes you so unhappy, as evidenced by all your whining/complaining/fighting why don't you just pack it in? Seriously, getting continuously bent out of shape over nothings, in your fragile state of mind is not good for you.

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
3 edits

I've asked you for some examples of my forum bullying on numerous occasions. Every time you've skulked away, until the next time you come out from under your bridge to troll some user or another.

If RHP makes you so unhappy, as evidenced by all your whining/complaining/fighting why don't you just pack it in? Seriously, getting continuously bent out of shape over nothings, in your fragile state of mind is not good for you.

D
why don't you pack in, or are you in too tight with the PFC, that you can come, do, and say as you please?

You do your little snide remarks to people, without mentioning their name, you quite sneaky in how you do it. what right have you to say nasty things about Miss O?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

why don't you pack in, or are you in too tight with the PFC, that you can come, do, and say you please?
Sorry, I don't speak gibberish. [EDIT] Even after your first edit, it still makes little to no sense.

Slow down, compose yourself and you wouldn't keep misunderstanding things, and talking nonsense.

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08

Sorry, I don't speak gibberish. [EDIT] Even after your first edit, it still makes little to no sense.

Slow down, compose yourself and you wouldn't keep misunderstanding things, and talking nonsense.

D
You are one of the good old boys, and can say as you please, part of the inner circle, in PFC with 3 of the mods, and friends with them, you get the gibberish now?

Moves
24 Aug 08

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

No you have never personally said I was trolling at any time have you? Stop drawing at straws. I am making the point you call it trolling and you don't have an explanation what exactly trolling is? ANYONE who posts can be considered a troll, you can be considered a troll for answering back and forth...it is plain silly.. that is what we do in forums!

You don't want to even see my points, just say so.

Have a look at those 12 rules, they have been all pretty well been broken by both subscriber and mod/subscriber!
I think they are ok, but need some work. I like things when they are spelled out in black and white, not left to Moderator discretion.

A Mod who has had a disagreement with a user, should not be able to then send that user a warning, that should be decided by impartial mods, if that is possible?

No one should be called out in the forums, it should be done in a P.M. to avoid a public display and argument that goes back and forth forever unresolved.

I think there are lots of real issues to discuss!~

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Aug 08

Exactly my point CFT is bringing up serious issues, I am commenting on them, and you have another poster making jokes about the whole issue. Now perhpas you undersand. Why is it always the root of someone else's problem when you are confronted about something.

Do you think for some reason that you are always correct about everything. I think you should ...[text shortened]... ne.

Why is it, when someone think they have been unfairly treated the name Crowley comes up?
Jesus man, I didn't joke about anything, epic did!

Moves
24 Aug 08

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Aug 08

"You told me in public forum, that you "hated me, and would never be my friend"!
I never said I hated you, please don't 'put words into my mouth'.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Aug 08

Does Russ get the Send Feedback? I was told by another active mod, not an ex mod so there is not mistake. That the Send Feedback is modded.
Untrue. Which mod told you this? Let's get a name, because your ridiculous posts and lies are now crossing a serious line.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08

As I said the trolling is a bit of a joke, and anyone could be considered a troll. Again moderators discretion.

2) Forum Moderation can never be black and white. You'll have as
many opinions as users. That's why there are guidelines, I guess.

This is where one of the problems arise, you have 10 different Mods who could have 10 different views on the same thing. ( this is why you need things put in black and white)

Maybe there needs to be some way to PM 'Forum Moderator', to cut out PMs going back and forth between subscribers?

When I was modding we had pre-made warnings which was sent directly to the user, and only he saw that warning, there was no way to reply to the warning. ( I don't think it would take much to set that up)
And it is like a friendly reminder, it happens again a more firm reminder, then a say 3 day ban or what ever depending on the crime.

I am sure every one means well, and you are always going to get personal clashes, that is just human nature. I have nothing against Crowley, Rags, or You, we just don't see eye to eye, on certain things.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Aug 08

I suggested that there be a "Reply" option on Forum Moderator PMs in this thread months ago http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=91793&page=1

I still think it would be a good idea. If people abused or harassed in the answering PM, then they could be punished as they might be for any harassment or abusing done in a PM. It might make the inevitable "Why was my post/thread removed" threads a lot less numerous.

BTW, who said this:

We are not always going to agree, but I think the Mods have a thankless job to do as it is, without us crying over a thread or a post being removed...I have done it too, we are all guilty of it. Just dry the tears and move on