1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '19 04:59
    @eladar said
    @moonbus

From the site description of forum requirements

Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse.

You are not to attack the poster. Here is another..

Do not harass other members of the community. Harassment is any unwanted conduct
    This does not prohibit comments about another poster. It prohibits abusive comments about another poster.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '19 06:03
    PS

The ToS prohibit various behaviors but do not guarantee remediation in case of failure to comply. The ToS do not constitute a Bill of Rights granting aggrieved parties entitlements or compulsory procedures of redress. The key concept is "in their [site admins'] sole discretion"; this too is clearly stated in the ToS.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 11:28
    @moonbus said
    This does not prohibit comments about another poster. It prohibits abusive comments about another poster.
    It is supposed to stop harrassment.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 11:30
    @moonbus said
    PS

The ToS prohibit various behaviors but do not guarantee remediation in case of failure to comply. The ToS do not constitute a Bill of Rights granting aggrieved parties entitlements or compulsory procedures of redress. The key concept is "in their [site admins'] sole discretion"; this too is clearly stated in the ToS.
    No it does not. They can have their tos and not enforce it.

You know, play favorites so people like you can abuse others, then moderate anyone who stands up to the abuse. It is their site.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 May '19 13:55
    @eladar said
    No it does not. They can have their tos and not enforce it.

You know, play favorites so people like you can abuse others, then moderate anyone who stands up to the abuse. It is their site.
    Stand up to the abuse? You have done nothing noble here sir.

You simply went to an entirely different forum and sought retaliation by calling someone unconnected with your grievance a 'bitch' and a 'whore.'
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 14:311 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Harrassment is abuse.

Harraasment can take the form of giung around to different threads pisting the same harrassing statements. This is what you have been known to do.

Harrassment can take the form of posting just to comment about a community member. This is what Suzi was doing.

That lot if you simply abuse and harrass me and it is a tos violation which is not being moderated.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '19 14:331 edit
    @Eladar

Several people have pointed out to you that you can found a club, invite people of your choosing to join, and not have to read posts from anyone outside your club forum. Problem solved. You would have to be a subscriber to take advantage of this feature, of course. Until then, I suggest you bear in mind that you are complaining about a free service. If you do not wish to pay for the extra features, you are at liberty to go to some other social networking platform; there are many to choose from.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 15:12
    @moonbus said
    @Eladar

Several people have pointed out to you that you can found a club, invite people of your choosing to join, and not have to read posts from anyone outside your club forum. Problem solved. You would have to be a subscriber to take advantage of this feature, of course. Until then, I suggest you bear in mind that you are complaining about a free service. If you d ...[text shortened]... s, you are at liberty to go to some other social networking platform; there are many to choose from.
    Tos applies to public forums. Members are supposed to enjoy the site without being harrassed or abused.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 May '19 16:17
    @eladar said
    Tos applies to public forums. Members are supposed to enjoy the site without being harrassed or abused.
    Agreed.

So stop doing it.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 16:211 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Agreed.

So stop doing it.
    Where am I doing it? My behavior pattern at this site is not harrassing.

Yours, Suzi's and FMF's is harassing.

Even FMF is getting better, but yours and Suzi's is not.

Shav's abusive technique is the one I imitated for a short time.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '19 16:25
    @eladar said
    Agreed. Emphasis on "supposed." As in any large organization, it works on the good will of participants. Unfortunately, a few miscreants can sometimes ruin a good thing for many others. I expect site admin has better things to do than read every single post and make determinations, line-by-line, what is in bounds and what not. Have you sent Russ a PM directly about some of the more blatantly abusive posts?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 16:34
    @moonbus

That is why people report the abuse. I have not been reporting harrassment but now I will.

But even the grossest form of abuse was not moderated, at least not the crap spewed by shav.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 May '19 18:32
    @eladar said
    @moonbus

That is why people report the abuse. I have not been reporting harrassment but now I will.

But even the grossest form of abuse was not moderated, at least not the crap spewed by shav.
    Again, why did you dump all this in the General Forum?!
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 20:23
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

If you have a problem with what I post talk to the mods.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '19 21:23
    @eladar said
    It is supposed to stop harrassment.
    My friend, you are not going to stop any harrassment you believe to be getting, by harrassing others. The Moderators know what is going on, look at the posts you had removed! Why would you want to turn the people who control what is said against you? It makes no sense to me, and many have told me I don't make sense at times. 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree