Moderating the culture of abuse

Moderating the culture of abuse

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
28 May 19

@eladar said
@caesar-salad

You are a moderator? I no longer wish to continue in this line of interrogation. I will consider further replies harrassment.
For your information, replying to a post is not harassment. Even if you tell someone not to reply. What you consider harassment is not the operative factor; making that determination is what moderators are for.

Nothing caesar salad wrote here was offensive. If no action is taken by moderators in this case, it will be right and proper.

E

Moves
28 May 19

@moonbus said
For your information, replying to a post is not harassment. Even if you tell someone not to reply. What you consider harassment is not the operative factor; making that determination is what moderators are for.

Nothing caesar salad wrote here was offensive. If no action is taken by moderators in this case, it will be right and proper.
Yea, tgat is what moderators are for. I am suggesting that moderators actually act upon requests, making contact with an explanation why a request is not acted upon at the very least.

Instead, request for moderating are completely ignored. That is not moderating at all.

Über-Nerd

Moves
28 May 19

@eladar said
Yea, tgat is what moderators are for. I am suggesting that moderators actually act upon requests, making contact with an explanation why a request is not acted upon at the very least.

Instead, request for moderating are completely ignored. That is not moderating at all.
I have never had occasion to contact a moderator, so I don't know what the protocol is, whether they even acknowledge receipt of a complaint or give reasons for action or inaction.

E

Moves
28 May 19

@moonbus said
I have never had occasion to contact a moderator, so I don't know what the protocol is, whether they even acknowledge receipt of a complaint or give reasons for action or inaction.
So in other words you have no clue how it works.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 May 19

@moonbus said
The few times I have alerted a post it has been removed. (Sometimes pretty quickly, other times a little slower). No acknowledgment of my alert is received, but then no acknowledgment is really needed. As a member of the forum community, my responsibility is to alert a post I think has violated the TOS and the responsibility of the mod is to make a judgment on that and act accordingly. I'm sure there are occasions when the mods contact either party but don't think this is something that should occur systematically.

E

Moves
28 May 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You are welcome to your opinion. We are not members of a community. We post on a forum that has TOS rules which are ignored by a handful of abusive jerks who drive peopke away from these boards. You being one of them.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 May 19

@eladar said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You are welcome to your opinion. We are not members of a community. We post on a forum that has TOS rules which are ignored by a handful of abusive jerks who drive peopke away from these boards. You being one of them.
Don't be so hard on goad...I really haven't seen him break any of the TOS rules, perhaps walks a fine line at times as we all do including yourself.

There was a time when the moderators would answer alerts, and give explanations. Perhaps they found that it just caused more arguments, one of the posters being myself who had my fair share of forum bans in past years.

The moderators now keep a very low profile. Perhaps that is for the best!!! Things would get a little out of hand back in the earlier years before you and goad's and some other more recent posters were on the site.

I think a very good job is done now by the moderators and people are treated equally now. They do a job they do not get paid for, with very little thanks from us posters. They are people like you and I and doing a job not many would want, including yours truly.

-VR

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 May 19

@eladar said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Please do not violate my conversation with Moonbus. I may have to report you.

Moves
28 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I do believe he's forgotten to eat his breakfast "Attention Flakes" and, opted instead, for a box of "Needies".

E

Moves
28 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Lol, I started the thread. You should start ypur own thread for your own conversation. That is how it is supposed to work. You do not have the right to change the topic of conversation. Doing it deliberately can be a TOS violation.

No respect for others is the problem at this site. It needs to be moderated.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 May 19

@eladar said
Lol, I started the thread. You should start ypur own thread for your own conversation. That is how it is supposed to work. You do not have the right to change the topic of conversation. Doing it deliberately can be a TOS violation.

No respect for others is the problem at this site. It needs to be moderated.
I did not change the topic of conversation. Indeed, my post was precisely on topic.

Misrepresenting what other posters have written is a TOS violation.

E

Moves
28 May 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I suppose anyone could make any similar claim concerning anything written. As long as there is enough support from fellow abusers it would appear he is correct.

There is a community of abusers on this site, you included, which is why this thread exists.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 May 19
1 edit

@eladar said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I suppose anyone could make any similar claim concerning anything written. As long as there is enough support from fellow abusers it would appear he is correct.

There is a community of abusers on this site, you included, which is why this thread exists.
Below is a copy of the post I made to Moonbus that you disingenuously claim was me changing the topic.

'The few times I have alerted a post it has been removed. (Sometimes pretty quickly, other times a little slower). No acknowledgment of my alert is received, but then no acknowledgment is really needed. As a member of the forum community, my responsibility is to alert a post I think has violated the TOS and the responsibility of the mod is to make a judgment on that and act accordingly. I'm sure there are occasions when the mods contact either party but don't think this is something that should occur systematically.'

Seems bang on topic to me. (And as it was addressed to Moonbus it was not incumbent upon you to reply).

E

Moves
28 May 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Ok if you want to continue baiting, continue doing so.

You post just to post hoping for fights. I am done with you for now. Post again, you are free to get the last word.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 May 19

@eladar said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Ok if you want to continue baiting, continue doing so.

You post just to post hoping for fights. I am done with you for now. Post again, you are free to get the last word.
Most of the time I get the last word!! 😉

Lighten up a little, don't take everything so serious!!

-VR