1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 20:18
    @eladar said
    Nice attempt to play moderator and jury. Just another part of the dysfunctional nature of this forum.
    Have you contacted https://www.bullying.co.uk/ ?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 20:201 edit
    @caesar-salad

You are a moderator? I no longer wish to continue in this line of interrogation. I will consider further replies harrassment.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 20:42
    @eladar said
    @caesar-salad

You are a moderator? I no longer wish to continue in this line of interrogation. I will consider further replies harrassment.
    No, I am not, and that's fine. BTW, "harassment" only has one "r".

But I have had trouble remembering that for decades, especially because of "embarrassment", which has two of them.

[On a side note, in some cases I think it's more practical to put the punctuation outside of the quotation marks, inasmuch as we are not dealing with little bits of lead type on the internet.]
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 20:48
    @caesar-salad

You have been reported for a tos violation. We will see if they actually take action.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 21:18
    @eladar said
    @caesar-salad

You have been reported for a tos violation. We will see if they actually take action.
    Thank you, @eladar. I'm cool with that.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 21:46
    @caesar-salad

Yeah, they rarely moderate anyhow which is why we have a core group of screwed up abusive personalities at this site that eventually drive others away.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 22:30
    @eladar said
    @caesar-salad

Yeah, they rarely moderate anyhow which is why we have a core group of screwed up abusive personalities at this site that eventually drive others away.
    Don't you try to form a rapport with me after threatening to report me.

Please do follow through with that report. Thanks.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '19 22:32
    @caesar-salad
    I did report you, no threat.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 May '19 23:15
    @eladar said
    @caesar-salad
    I did report you, no threat.
    Good, and I would agree, no threat.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 May '19 13:301 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    Good, and I would agree, no threat.
    A good back and forth there by both of you....LOL...

I thought this was the purpose of the Site Idea: "Moderating the culture of abuse"

-VR
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '19 15:06
    This whole issue has really been an exposé on how we should handle perceived abuse. Clearly alerting a post is the way to go, and to temper one's frustration if moderation isn't as swift and forthcoming as we would like. What is not okay is to go to an unrelated forum to seek retribution. That would be akin to being offended by my next door neighbour and then storming down the pub to shout abuse at the barmaid.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 May '19 15:09
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    This whole issue has really been an exposé on how we should handle perceived abuse. Clearly alerting a post is the way to go, and to temper one's frustration if moderation isn't as swift and forthcoming as we would like. What is not okay is to go to an unrelated forum to seek retribution. That would be akin to being offended by my next door neighbour and then storming down the pub to shout abuse at the barmaid.
    LOL....Well that is one way of putting it!!!

-VR
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 May '19 15:111 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Clearly that was not the issue since initially I did. I did three times, started a thread about it twice and only after the second thread, this one did something actually happen.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 May '19 22:22
    @eladar said
    I am generally a good guy and do not post just to put people down so I do not understand those who do. There is no reasoning with that kind of person.
    Hah!

And: Evidently!
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 May '19 22:29
    @caesar-salad

It is absolutely true. Abuse me or make false accusations then I will not pull punches. This site really needs moderation so people do not have to put up with crap like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree