Like yours?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:23
    @fmf said
    Because it's a good idea.
    It's a horrible idea, but you never did like croticism, just like your narcissistic friend.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:27
    @fmf said
    I don't think there is any secret about who dislikes me; do you think there is? The red thumbs make no difference to me or how I post.

I'd be surprised if anyone was affected - in terms of how they post - by red thumbs. They'd be juvenile if they did let it affect them.

Which, in my book, makes the thumbing facility an infantile site feature. How is a mechanism for regist ...[text shortened]... ing secret indications of "disliking" someone on a website for adults anything other than infantile?
    Here's the gaslighting.

Thumbs are not for expressing "like" or "dislike". They're for showing agreement/disagreement with what was said. Apparently you're doing it wrong. Not surprised.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:27
    @suzianne said
    It's a horrible idea, but you never did like croticism, just like your narcissistic friend.
    Suzianne, after all these years, you still don't realize I revel in disagreement, dissent and criticism.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:31
    @suzianne said
    Thumbs are not for expressing "like" or "dislike". They're for showing agreement/disagreement with what was said.
    Well, there are a lot of supporters of anonymous thumbing that say otherwise. I have just read a post by WoofWoof, for instance, where he explicitly talks about red thumbs being about "disliking" someone. Relentless Red also defended anonymous thumbing vociferously as being a way for expressing personal dislike for fellow posters/
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:32
    @suzianne said
    Thumbs are not for expressing "like" or "dislike". They're for showing agreement/disagreement with what was said. Apparently you're doing it wrong. Not surprised.
    Apparently you're doing it wrong. Not surprised.

I don't use the thumbs down feature. I can;t be "doing it" right or "doing it wrong".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:35
    @suzianne said
    Thumbs are not for expressing "like" or "dislike". They're for showing agreement/disagreement with what was said.
    I'd say that most thumbs down are given to posts where their content doesn't actually offer anything to agree or disagree with and so appear simply to be aimed at the people posting instead. This strikes me as a silly feature for the site to have.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:40
    @Suzianne
    What do you think of Venda's proposal? [see the OP]
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 05:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:43
    @fmf said
    Apparently you're doing it wrong. Not surprised.

I don't use the thumbs down feature. I can;t be "doing it" right or "doing it wrong".
    I don't play real-time lightning chess here; I also don't complain about how it's done here.

If you don't even use the thumbs feature, then why complain about it ?? Just ignore it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:53
    @moonbus said
    I don't play real-time lightning chess here; I also don't complain about how it's done here.

If you don't even use the thumbs feature, then why complain about it ?? Just ignore it.
    Because I think the site should get rid of it for the reasons I have given.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:571 edit
    @fmf said
    In my humble opinion your reasons are weak. Why don't you man up and say you think you get too many and want to confront the people thumbing them? Don't you understand that is the whole reason for thumbs so people like you can't confront people who don't want to argue?

-VR
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:57
    @fmf said
    Because you think it’s infantile. Maybe some users here think real-time lighting chess, or other chess variations, are infantile.

So what. That’s no reason to delete those features, just because some users find them unserious.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:58
    @moonbus said

Anyway, the results of your poll are in. Those interested in this topic have had their say.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:012 edits
    @fmf said
    Anyway, the results of your poll are in. Those interested in this topic have had their say.
    8 votes don't make the majority vote of posters fmf.... Please stop sulking, looks bad on you.

EDIT: If you want to know if I gave you thumbs down just ask me? I will tell you straight and why I did it. 🙂

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree