1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 May '22 12:24
    @divegeester said
    My issue isn’t with me trying to ignore thumbs.
    True - the issue is with you not being able to ignore thumbs.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 May '22 12:25
    @suzianne said
    The abuse and the blight in the forums comes from one source, the same source who wants thumbs removed.
    Two sources.

You are completely correct about one, and completely, pathetically in denial about the other.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '22 02:52
    @suzianne said
    You are playing directly into the hands of those who already abuse you in the Spirituality Forum on a many-times-per-day basis.

They already have you believing their "they down-thumb the poster, not the post" baloney. This is remarkable Stockholm-syndrome quality nonsense coming from you. You are agreeing with them and their propaganda that site users can't be trusted w ...[text shortened]... cisions. You, taking the side of your abusers, insult every user of the forums on this site. Nice.
    It isn't a matter of me being abused; it would bother me if you went after me mainly
    because, unlike some of those, all they deal out is constant abuse; it is just noise as
    far as I'm concerned. The attitudes, the insults, it is just expected. I'm more shocked
    by a nice thing said than something horrific, which is the norm. If all you ever get
    from someone is an insult, then nothing said will change that; there will always be a
    reason, some fault that justifies the put-downs, or the self-justification for the nasty
    things said. Water doesn't rise above its source, and for some, it is a low bar that
    hardly ever has some rise above it.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '22 05:382 edits
    @kellyjay said
    It isn't a matter of me being abused; it would bother me if you went after me mainly
    because, unlike some of those, all they deal out is constant abuse; it is just noise as
    far as I'm concerned. The attitudes, the insults, it is just expected. I'm more shocked
    by a nice thing said than something horrific, which is the norm. If all you ever get
    from someone is an insult, ...[text shortened]... esn't rise above its source, and for some, it is a low bar that
    hardly ever has some rise above it.
    Ummm, ... okay, ..... but what has that got to do with thumbs? @fmf for example wants the thumb feature removed from the site completely. That would not change anything whatever about the level of abuse, insults, put-downs, self-serving trumpet blowing, virtue signalling, or noise.

If you would be satisfied with an OPTION to reveal who gives thumbs, that would be a much less radical proposal than fmf's, but don't expect all of the people who disagree with you to out themselves.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 07:48
    @moonbus said
    @fmf for example wants the thumb feature removed from the site completely.
    I just don't like this website having a silly and teenage feature like TikTok and Instagram have. Whatever it takes: have adult non-anonymous thumbs or no thumbs.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 07:49
    @moonbus said
    @fmf for example wants the thumb feature removed from the site completely. That would not change anything whatever about the level of abuse, insults, put-downs, self-serving trumpet blowing, virtue signalling, or noise.
    Anonymous thumbs don't change anything about the stuff you're referring to either.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 07:531 edit
    @suzianne said
    He just doesn't want any of the "untouchables" making him look bad.

He doesn't want to have to pay for the nasty stuff he says here.
    [1] When you get a large number of thumbs, do you feel it makes you look "bad"?

[2] When someone gets thumbed down, how do you think that person "pays for" what they said?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 08:00
    @moonbus said
    I have no objection to offering users a display option which would leave thumbs as they are but render them invisible to those who think they are childish.
    But doesn't a situation [where the recipients of red thumbs cannot see them] completely undermine the argument that the purpose of anonymous red thumbs is to send a signal to those who receive them?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 08:04
    @suzianne said
    You are playing directly into the hands of those who already abuse you in the Spirituality Forum on a many-times-per-day basis.
    If what you say is true, feedback to the website will surely result in those doing this being banned. Red thumbs are going to have no effect on the alleged "abuse" you are talking about.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 08:06
    @suzianne said
    They already have you believing their "they down-thumb the poster, not the post" baloney.
    Several people, including you, have admitted that they thumb down people because they dislike them even when it has nothing to do with the content of the post.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 08:08
    @suzianne said
    You, taking the side of your abusers, insult every user of the forums on this site. Nice.
    Suzianne to KellyJay: "You, taking the side of your abusers, insult every user of the forums on this site. Nice."

Is this not you "gaslighting" KellyJay?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '22 09:24
    @moonbus said
    Ummm, ... okay, ..... but what has that got to do with thumbs? @fmf for example wants the thumb feature removed from the site completely. That would not change anything whatever about the level of abuse, insults, put-downs, self-serving trumpet blowing, virtue signalling, or noise.

If you would be satisfied with an OPTION to reveal who gives thumbs, that would be a much le ...[text shortened]... cal proposal than fmf's, but don't expect all of the people who disagree with you to out themselves.
    I was responding to something said, I'm asking for this not because of anyone else,
    but because I'd like it.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '22 17:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '22 17:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '22 06:43
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Regular posters get anonymously thumbed down by childish posters all the time... who then defend the mechanism because they like how infantile it let's them be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree