Remove the reccing system all together

Remove the reccing system all together

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
12 Sep 06

The "Recommend Post" system is both boring and pointless, if you havent been on the site to see the good posts from the crap then use the site forums a little more.

The Recommend Posts forum is both full of insults and only represents a small part of a thread anyway, which in turn could turn out to be a load of crap.

And lastly, it would stop all the squabbling that has gone on since the system came back into use a few days ago.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
12 Sep 06

Originally posted by rmacken
The "Recommend Post" system is both boring and pointless, if you havent been on the site to see the good posts from the crap then use the site forums a little more.

The Recommend Posts forum is both full of insults and only represents a small part of a thread anyway, which in turn could turn out to be a load of crap.

And lastly, it would stop all the squabbling that has gone on since the system came back into use a few days ago.
The squabling started with you's guys wanting it done away with, nobody else was bothered either way until the "abolish the rec system" crew started.

r

Moves
12 Sep 06

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
The squabling started with you's guys wanting it done away with, nobody else was bothered either way until the "abolish the rec system" crew started.
missed that post

d

Moves
12 Sep 06

Stop feeding the troll, lose a touch of the self-righteous bluster, and the problem will magically disappear.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
The average number of recs of people who don't like the rec system is well under 200.

Some people just can't write good posts, so they want the recs removed for everyone. Go figure.

P-

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
The average number of recs of people who don't like the rec system is well under 200.

Some people just can't write good posts, so they want the recs removed for everyone. Go figure.

P-
You only made that post so that someone would rec it. That's racism!

I
Dadohalic

Finger tip talking.

Moves
13 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
You only made that post so that someone would rec it. That's racism!
That would be recism.
Go back into your room and get a rope. Tie one end around your throat. Throw the other end around the ceiling fan. Then knock the switch on the wall. Now that would be considered an act of humanity.

Edit: removed lamp inserted fan

d

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by IM14u2NV
That would be recism.
Go back into your room and get a rope. Tie one end around your throat. Throw the other end around the ceiling lamp. Then knock the switch on the wall. Now that would be considered an act of humanity.
Wouldn't that just turn on the lamp?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Sep 06

inserted fan
[joke about anal fan]

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
13 Sep 06

That would be recism.
Go back into your room and get a rope. Tie one end around your throat. Throw the other end around the ceiling fan. Then knock the switch on the wall. Now that would be considered an act of humanity.

Edit: removed lamp inserted fan
Don't try suicide by crucifixion. It doesn't work- you can't get the last nail in.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
13 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
Don't try suicide by crucifixion. It doesn't work- you can't get the last nail in.
Well, you could actually if you think about it. First place a nail facing upwards and set it on concrete. Then position the cross so that

NON-EDIT: lost interest in this post.

NON-EDIT 2: Go figure it out yourself...

NON-EDIT 3: Trial and error; if at first you don't succeed, get XanthosNZ to show you.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
13 Sep 06

Hear! Hear!

The only people who want the rec system are the rec-whores.

I think over half of the BS would disappear if the recs went away too!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by Red Night
Hear! Hear!

The only people who want the rec system are the rec-whores.

I think over half of the BS would disappear if the recs went away too!
Yet another poster with no recs and nothing to contribute but a hear hear and false info.

There will always be BS in a forum, there was before the recs and there would be just as much if you got rid of the recs...

Getting rid of you would probably get rid of a lot more BS than getting rid of the rec system... but nothing is going to get rid of half the BS.

P-

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Yet another poster with no recs and nothing to contribute but a hear hear and false info.

There will always be BS in a forum, there was before the recs and there would be just as much if you got rid of the recs...

Getting rid of you would probably get rid of a lot more BS than getting rid of the rec system... but nothing is going to get rid of half the BS.

P-
yikes, he has more recs than me, I guess I have nothing to contribute :'(😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by PocketKings
yikes, he has more recs than me, I guess I have nothing to contribute :'(😛
Your page 20 of forum posts brings the date to May... RN's page brings him to about 5 days ago...

You post for quality, not quantity. A well earned 88 recs I would say.

P-