the rec-system?

the rec-system?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Eternity

Moves
24 Aug 06

what is the point of having a recommendation system when there is no place for you to see all the recommended posts - gi-gah!

and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes recommended - ga-goh!

i should know - i know - being god i know everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
24 Aug 06
1 edit

No one cares what God thinks.

EDIT: Rec this post to show that you too do not care what God thinks.

G

Eternity

Moves
24 Aug 06
1 edit

i also would like to make a suggestion - remove the rec counter in everyones forum profile - remove it from the top of every post - and i think people will stop using it so much to give each other support in heated debates - ga-goh!

G

Eternity

Moves
24 Aug 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
that is blatantly obvious - go-gah!

SS

Moves
24 Aug 06

s

Moves
24 Aug 06

Originally posted by God
remove the rec counter in everyones forum profile - remove it from the top of every post
I agree. 🙂

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
24 Aug 06

Originally posted by God
what is the point of having a recommendation system when there is no place for you to see all the recommended posts - gi-gah!

and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes ...[text shortened]... everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
Hey God, why do bad things happen to good people?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Aug 06

The rec'ed posts will be returning shortly.

I am getting through my to-do list right now, and fixing that is on it.

-Russ

G

Eternity

Moves
24 Aug 06

Originally posted by Russ
The rec'ed posts will be returning shortly.

I am getting through my to-do list right now, and fixing that is on it.

-Russ
much appreciated - what about displaying number of recs - am i the only one who wants you to remove that - gi-gah!

N

The sky

Moves
24 Aug 06

Originally posted by God
much appreciated - what about displaying number of recs - am i the only one who wants you to remove that - gi-gah!
No, it has been suggested many times.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
24 Aug 06
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ

EDIT: Rec this post to show that you too do not care what God thinks.
rec whore

EDIT: ...
EDIT 2: Nah, delete that, I've nothing to add. You're just a rec whore.
EDIT 3: Hey, where're my edits going? Someone just stole 2 of them...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 06

Originally posted by God

and why is it that people do not use this system to recommend actual comments - instead they use it to recommend others to show support - even meaningless comments that brings nothing but anger and recentment amongst you are sometimes ...[text shortened]... everything - i'm asking nonetheless - proper channels and all that - just so you know - gi-gih!
Because, if the recs were removed, people would have less incentive to be nasty gits, and that would simply leave some users here with no reason to live.

I would not cry if recs were abolished tomorrow.

B

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because, if the recs were removed, people would have less incentive to be nasty gits, and that would simply leave some users here with no reason to live.

Well said. Have a rec!
B.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Aug 06

Originally posted by Suzianne

Oh look, another post from "Suzianne" purely with the intent of causing trouble.

Grow up.

D

d

Moves
26 Aug 06
2 edits

The rec'd posts of the week used to work very well. Unforunately there is a particular clan, the members of which rec each other's posts even when they are of very little merit. I remember recently I wrote a post; a member of the clan in question replied saying "Well said" (and nothing more) ; and another member of the clan in question replied to that post, said "well said" - and rec'd it (and not the original post).

The solutions seem to be: (a) scrap recs altogether; or (b) just accept that some people can't help behaving like children, and take that as part of the fun.