Vote for adjustments to the clan scoring system

Vote for adjustments to the clan scoring system

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
31 May 10

Originally posted by KingDavid403
[b]Why unfair?
All a clan member or members have to do is keep their rating way below normal for a year. Many have already done that. Thus having to match them within a 100 point difference from their TER is completely unfair.

There will always be ways to manipulate, but that's why you have clan leaders, to spot that..

Then how d ...[text shortened]... an see. If you see something I don't or see how this could be manipulated much, please share.[/b]
You are dramatizing here, you look for the exceptions.

Rather than looking for the one loophole (maintaining a lower rating for over a year), you should look at the positive side: a clan can not take profit of a lower rating for a full year!! How does it make the problem WORSE??

This idea DOES help, since you cut out the excesses..

What I sense that you are after is the 'perfect world':
- impossible to resign games on purpose?
- only match ups that are 200% in balance?
- use highest rating ever and have that as their eternal clan rating?

A yellow flag would make the system perfect??
Right now, some clan leaders accept challenges when you propose them a challenge that is as unbalanced as 1800 vs. 1350, you think a yellow flag will solve that?
To use highest rating ever is definately not a good idea..

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
31 May 10
4 edits

Originally posted by Amsterdamn

Rather than looking for the one loophole (maintaining a lower rating for over a year), you should look at the positive side: a clan can not take profit of a lower rating for a full year!! How does it make the problem WORSE??

This idea DOES help, since you cut out the excesses..

What I sense ink a yellow flag will solve that?
To use highest rating ever is definately not a good idea..

No, I'm looking at the facts.

A whole year is not that long. And as I said many have done that already and would just love your idea right now.

impossible to resign games on purpose?[b]

What the hell you talking about here??

[b] only match ups that are 200% in balance?

No. You haven't read my previous posts. A warning sign next to anyone who is below 350 points from their highest rating is far from 200% in balance.

use highest rating ever and have that as their eternal clan rating?

No. 350 points from their highest rating ever, and then they just get a yellow warning sign next to them for others to see.

A yellow flag would make the system perfect??

No. But it will help the sandbagging problem. And help all clan leaders spot sandbagging sneaks. Those who care anyway.

that is as unbalanced as 1800 vs. 1350, you think a yellow flag will solve that?

No. 1700 vs. 1350! And then only a yellow warning sign is next to the underrated player. It still can be accepted by the other clan.

To use highest rating ever is definitely not a good idea..

It's 350 points below highest rating! And only then a yellow warning sign is placed next to the underrated player to make others more aware of their far lower than normal rating.. I and several others feel this is a good idea.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
31 May 10

This is an impossible discussion..

You have my humble opinion, we'll see what happens..

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
31 May 10

[b]This is an impossible discussion..

]
This is an impossible discussion Why?

And you have my humble opinion. And yes we will see what happens. If anything.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
31 May 10

[b]This is an impossible discussion Why?

And you have my humble opinion. And yes we will see what happens. If anything.[/b]
Impossible to have a discussion when people have total opposite ideas and are not willing to compromise on that..

I believe that will be the problem too in the end: too many different ideas and opinions, next to the fact that others are also fine with the current system..

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
31 May 10

Impossible to have a discussion when people have total opposite ideas and are not willing to compromise on that..

I believe that will be the problem too in the end: too many different ideas and opinions, next to the fact that others are also fine with the current system..
Well I do think the TER system is better than the current system. That's WITHOUT the match only within a 100 point difference( requirement), of TER.
So I being unwilling to compromise or discuss other options is not the case. As are written in my previous posts.
Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not make them unwilling to compromise, or unable to discuss things with..

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
02 Jun 10

My vote is to leave things as is. There's nothing wrong with the clan scoring system. The only problem is some clan leaders sneaking in sandbaggers against lower rated players which makes a unfair match up.
If anything there should just be a floor for clan challenge match ups. A person should not be able to be matched with a player in a clan chall ...[text shortened]... 0 hundred points below their highest rating.

Otherwise everything should stay the same to I.
I agree. Leave things as they are. Let clan leaders take care of sandbagging by rejecting challenges where it it detected.

F

Moves
02 Jun 10

Originally posted by drdon
I agree. Leave things as they are. Let clan leaders take care of sandbagging by rejecting challenges where it it detected.
Every help the clan leaders can get by the system in order to avoid sand baggers, unjust challenges, avoid to give some clan members too many games, or unwanted kind of games, etc, should be implemented as quick as posswible.

The work load for the clan leaders must be reduced. That was the reason for me to quit my leader status once. Perhaps it's better now, but imo not enough.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
02 Jun 10
2 edits

I agree most things should stay as they are now. Just put little yellow warning signals on players who are 350 points below their highest rating ever to reduce or stop sandbagging. This helps lighten the load off clan leaders some, and would do much to improve the sandbagging problem by unethical clan leaders and players. Otherwise I think at this time that everything else should stay the same.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
02 Jun 10

I agree most things should stay as they are now. Just put little yellow warning signals on players who are 350 points below their highest rating ever to reduce or stop sandbagging. This helps lighten the load off clan leaders some, and would do much to improve the sandbagging problem by unethical clan leaders and players. Otherwise I think at this time that everything else should stay the same.
I second the motion.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
02 Jun 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Every help the clan leaders can get by the system in order to avoid sand baggers, unjust challenges, avoid to give some clan members too many games, or unwanted kind of games, etc, should be implemented as quick as posswible.

The work load for the clan leaders must be reduced. That was the reason for me to quit my leader status once. Perhaps it's better now, but imo not enough.
It is not that much work.... about 5 mins per challenge... If you do not want the honour of leading your clan, so be it! Did you think the honour of leadership was free? No more handholding. If you don't have the time for the job, don't do it. If you don't have the time, you did the right thing in finding somebody who does.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
02 Jun 10

rejecting challenges where it it detected.

And a yellow warning sign next to players that are 350 points below their highest rating ever helps clan leaders detect sandbagging.

It also would detour clan leaders who send sandbagging matches to other clans. If they already know that their lower than normal rated players are marked and are aware to everyone. No use in trying to sneak one or two by.

I also think the yellow warning sign should be on a 350 points lower than highest rating player anywhere & everywhere on this site. For Open invites, tournaments, etc, Everywhere.
I think this would greatly reduce sandbagging all over this site.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
03 Jun 10

[b]rejecting challenges where it it detected.

And a yellow warning sign next to players that are 350 points below their highest rating ever helps clan leaders detect sandbagging.

It also would detour clan leaders who send sandbagging matches to other clans. If they already know that their lower than normal rated players are marked and are ...[text shortened]... rnaments, etc, Everywhere.
I think this would greatly reduce sandbagging all over this site.[/b]
Now it's a yellow flag! You'e keen on this flag business aren't you? Why not a system of smilies.?Common sense leadership in deciding to accept or reject challenges would even be better,

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jun 10
1 edit

Now it's a yellow flag! You'e keen on this flag business aren't you? Why not a system of smilies.?Common sense leadership in deciding to accept or reject challenges would even be better,
You'er keen on this flag business aren't you?
Yep. I suppose smiles would work also.

Common sense leadership in deciding to accept or reject challenges would even be better,
As for myself I agree with you. RHP has made all the information available for clan leaders to check every player out before accepting a challenge. The problem is sandbagging has continued and has only gotten worse. And many clan leaders still send only sandbagging challenges and also there's a lot of clans full of nothing but sandbagging players. Which makes it even harder to send out decent challenges to other clans. And it requires a lot of work for clan leaders these days.
Also new clans starting out always find out the hard way the dishonest practices of a lot of clan leaders and clan players and they find no fun in clan play and head elsewhere.

3 years ago there was over a 100 more active clans on the clan charts as there is today. That's about a 35% drop in active clans. And I really think the main problem is the unethical play with clans which centers around sandbagging. It takes all the fun out of it when everyone is always trying to pull a fast one over on you and screw you.

The yellow flag is not so much for clan leaders as it is to get the current unethical clan leaders and clan players to stop and slow down the sandbagging practice. I really think if clan leaders and clan players know that their marked clear as day when their rating is way lower than normal, That the sandbagging practice will slow way down. Plain and simple.
Nothing should change with the current clan scoring system to I. Just put yellow flags on anyone whose rating is 350 points below their highest rating ever.

d

Moves
11 Jun 10

Who cares? Didn't you notice how Russ blatantly ignored this thread?