1. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 23:14
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    "you have hit the nail on the head"
    I must disagree. The inherent problem with the current system is sandbagging.

A means of marking players whose currnet ranking is significantly below their top ranking would put extreme pressue on their clan leader to match their player not against a comparably ranked but a comparably skilled competitor.

It's simple and I only see upside to this proposal.

my2sons
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 23:401 edit
    [b]And YOUR TER suggestion of implemention of having to match within 100 points of TER would be ideal for you, player lowers rating 500 points from 1800 to 1300 for 12 months..
    I don't see how that can be done so easily..

And wins most..
    Look at Spinning Stars.. they lose most.. and are 3rd, just by playing more games than you.. so e helping those clan leaders who seem not be willing to look more closely at the challenges..[/b]
    Look at Spinning Stars.. they lose most.. and are 3rd, just by playing more games than you.. so if that's gonna be the way, you will see clans on top who play most games.. and that will not change the top 10.. unless you wanna limit the max amount of games... etc etc etc..

How is it that you place Spinning Stars in 3rd place?? They are over 300 net points in the hole both in YTD net points, and All time net points. We are in 17th place at the moment in YTD Net points with 180+ net points to the positive. And we're in 12th place for all time net points with 2420+. I have no idea how you come up with the spinning stars are in 3rd place. Please explain??
  3. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 23:53
    "you have hit the nail on the head"
    It felt like my thumb!
  4. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 00:05
    Originally posted by coquette
    REC'D (Highly recommended)

Azure for 6 points below
    Teal for 8 points below
    Magenta for 10 points below
    Taupe for 12 points below
    Eggshell glistening avocado green hazel for 14 points below

etc!!!
    Great colours indeed!

But we'd need an intelligent discussion of each Robbie to ensure we avoided social, political and sporting biases. I boldly suggest a neo-Mccarthist style of Robbies to avoid accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. I further suggest shades of pinko Robbie from pure The King and I God-made-me-do-it White Robbie to a deep Mount Lofty Sparkling Shiraz Red Robbie.
  5. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 01:31
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]Look at Spinning Stars.. they lose most.. and are 3rd, just by playing more games than you.. so if that's gonna be the way, you will see clans on top who play most games.. and that will not change the top 10.. unless you wanna limit the max amount of games... etc etc etc..

How is it that you place Spinning Stars in 3rd place?? They are over ...[text shortened]... . I have no idea how you come up with the spinning stars are in 3rd place. Please explain??[/b]
    Patrick is referring to ytd total points accumulated in 2010.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 12:332 edits
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Patrick is referring to ytd total points accumulated in 2010.
    Okay, Well I personally only go by net points to count any clans performance. And I think Patricks idea of having clans listed on the clan pages by net points is a good idea. All time net points I think would be best. It wouldn't change much for the top 5 clans either. But that's just my personal opinion.

It also would be nice if they had some kind of award or trophy or some kind of recognition for the clan that ends up in first place each year for net points, I think.
  7. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 20:58
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Okay, Well I personally only go by net points to count any clans performance. And I think Patricks idea of having clans listed on the clan pages by net points is a good idea. All time net points I think would be best. It wouldn't change much for the top 5 clans either. But that's just my personal opinion.

It also would be nice if they had som ...[text shortened]... ind of recognition for the clan that ends up in first place each year for net points, I think.
    I agree with this aspect of the proposals,but not those that have the potential to be used to impune players simply to make life easier for clan leaders

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree