Vote for adjustments to the clan scoring system

Vote for adjustments to the clan scoring system

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by darvlay
Who cares? Didn't you notice how Russ blatantly ignored this thread?
Well I have seen responses to other threads by forum mods about changing the clan scoring system and the response was "they're working on it". They just haven't decided what to do yet.
So I'm pretty sure they have seen this thread. But, you never know I guess.

F

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by drdon
It is not that much work.... about 5 mins per challenge... If you do not want the honour of leading your clan, so be it! Did you think the honour of leadership was free? No more handholding. If you don't have the time for the job, don't do it. If you don't have the time, you did the right thing in finding somebody who does.
Excactly.

But I think it was harder back then as it is now.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
12 Jun 10

Originally posted by KingDavid403
I agree most things should stay as they are now. Just put little yellow warning signals on players who are 350 points below their highest rating ever to reduce or stop sandbagging. This helps lighten the load off clan leaders some, and would do much to improve the sandbagging problem by unethical clan leaders and players. Otherwise I think at this time that everything else should stay the same.
I like the warning flag idea.

It could be a blue flag for 200 points below
Yellow flag for 300 points below
Red flag for 350 points below

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
12 Jun 10

1Originally posted by coquette
I like the warning flag idea.

It could be a blue flag for 200 points below
Yellow flag for 300 points below
Red flag for 350 points below
That's right! Gosh! What could have a very pretty site with a different designer-coloured flag for each 10-20 rating points below a players highest ever rating.... and introduce an volume entilitled " flag colours for numerically challenged clan leaders". However, This is a game site, I prefer the idea of little Robbie the Robot animations that wave their little robot arms exclaiming 'WARNING!WARNING to gullible clan leaders who do not think to check for such obvious sandbagging before accepting challenges. Perhaps, Robbie could offer to hold the hands of leaders before they show any signs of leadership?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
12 Jun 10
3 edits

Originally posted by drdon
That's right! Gosh! What could have a very pretty site with a different designer-coloured flag for each 10-20 rating points below a players highest ever rating.... and introduce an volume entilitled " flag colours for numerically challenged clan leaders". However, This is a game site, I prefer the idea of little Robbie the Robot animations that wave their litt s, Robbie could offer to hold the hands of leaders before they show any signs of leadership?
drdon,
Before you start blasting every clan leader that finds positives in this site idea, maybe you should worry more about making your own clan bigger and more active. You've started less than 20 clan challenges in the last 14 months. Mostly 2 person challenges and Nothing bigger than a 3 person challenge. Not much work in finding sandbaggers there. In fact not hardly any work at all as a clan leader. In fact I don't even consider that being a clan leader.

When you do the work load of any active competing clan leader, or even half the work, then your insulting comments might find some merit. Until then you're just blowing hot air.

I think coquette might have something there. Yellow flag at 350 points below highest rating ever, Red flag at 500 points. Or something like that. I think her idea has some merit.

But I must admit drdon, I think your idea of Robbie the robot waving his little robot arms yelling "WARNING" "WARNING" would even work better to stop the sandbagging problem than the flags. 🙄

A

Amsterdam

Moves
12 Jun 10

drdon,
Before you start blasting every clan leader that finds positives in this site idea, maybe you should worry more about making your own clan bigger and more active. You've started less than 20 clan challenges in the last 14 months. Mostly 2 person challenges and Nothing bigger than a 3 person challenge. Not much work in finding sandbaggers ...[text shortened]... NG" "WARNING" would even work better to stop the sandbagging problem than the flags. 🙄
drdon is not blasting every clan leader.. he actually has good points and asks other clan leaders to put in effort and use of their brains, rather than being dependant on coloured flags..

When you need "the work load of any active competing clan leader", I'll just copy drdon's remarks and make them mine too..

Flags, how can you be so hung up on them. There is a rating graph available for everybody so see.. no need for flags.. I know it's not hard and definately not that time consuming to look into every player's rating graph. But, you have to be willing to put in the effort: that's the responsibility of a clan leader!

Also note that somebody's highest rating ever, might well have been achieved by winning a series against lower rated players, but this might not be that player's true strenght. Using this rating might 'flag' this player for the rest of his RHP career..

Also note that you propose a fixed system of 200 / 350 / 500 / etc..
You must understand that you need relative deviation rather than absolute deviation: 200 points difference for an 2200 player is a different story than the same difference for an 1100 player.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
12 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
drdon is not blasting every clan leader.. he actually has good points and asks other clan leaders to put in effort and use of their brains, rather than being dependant on coloured flags..

When you need "the work load of any active competing clan leader", I'll just copy drdon's remarks and make them mine too..

Flags, how can you be so hung up on them for an 2200 player is a different story than the same difference for an 1100 player.
other clan leaders to put in effort and use of their brains, rather than being dependant on coloured flags..

Amsterdamn, Just about all clan leaders know why you don't like the flag idea. You and some of your clan mates are the kings of the sandbagger problem. That's mostly how you won first place last year. The flag idea would do nothing but screw up your unethical behavior of being a sandbagging king clan leader and make you play fair. Oh what a bummer huh?? And you would have to have a real competition on your hands to ever win first place again if the flag idea was implemented. Awwww...
End of story.

Edit: And just to make sure that no one considers this a cheating accusation, Sandbagging is not cheating. Sandbagging is not against the rules so therefore it's not cheating. Therefore calling someone a sandbagger is not a cheating accusation!

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
12 Jun 10

Also note that you propose a fixed system of 200 / 350 / 500 / etc..

And I never purposed and system that included 200.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
12 Jun 10

[b]other clan leaders to put in effort and use of their brains, rather than being dependant on coloured flags..

Amsterdamn, Just about all clan leaders know why you don't like the flag idea. You and some of your clan m ...[text shortened]... it's not cheating. Therefore calling someone a sandbagger is not a cheating accusation![/b]
You have no clue..

You call me a sandbagger??? Check out my games first before you make such a comment!! (but since you propose flags, I take it you hardly take the time to look into players' graphs)

Sandbagging is not on anybody's mind in my clan..

We won because we were able to set up challenges in our favour..
It is the role of the clan leader to prevent this from happening..

And again you have no clue when you state that this flag thing would mess up my way of leading the clan..
If you had understood, the TER implementation is meant to minimize the sandbagging advantages!

Also bear in mind that your flag idea is not taking away the fact that the "winner" will still be the one who plays most challenges..
And guess what.. you will have the same Top 10 as the past few years..

Don't be so limited to have your flags implemented, because it will not change the world..

A

Amsterdam

Moves
12 Jun 10

[b]Also note that you propose a fixed system of 200 / 350 / 500 / etc..

And I never purposed and system that included 200.[/b]
Whatever man, have the same example with any number that you did propose..

It is still an absolute number, which weights differently for an 2200 player than for an 1100 player..

Retired

Missouri

Moves
12 Jun 10

[b]other clan leaders to put in effort and use of their brains, rather than being dependant on coloured flags..

Amsterdamn, Just about all clan leaders know why you don't like the flag idea. You and some of your clan m ...[text shortened]... hands to ever win first place again if the flag idea was implemented. Awwww...
End of story.
AMEN BROTHER, you have hit the nail squarely on the head.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
12 Jun 10

Originally posted by my2sons
AMEN BROTHER, you have hit the nail squarely on the head.
Mike, you know you are not right there when it's about sandbagging and the Amsterdamn Clan..

We have been through all players that you accused of being sandbagger and I've provided you with a lot of data that showed it was not sandbagging..

And next to that it's besides the point: you and I set up challenges that are in our favour: when one of your 2000 players hits 1700, you set that player up against another 1700 player.. consistently.. that's how you win, that's how we win..

The majority of Metallica's players have graphs which allow you to set up challenges that way, the flag for a 350 point deviation from their highs is not changing anything, you would still be able to play the same way..

And before you fly through the wall: note that I say that it's not just Metallica, but it's also Amsterdamn Clan

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
12 Jun 10
1 edit

You have no clue..

You call me a sandbagger??? Check out my games first before you make such a comment!! (but since you propose flags, I take it you hardly take the time to look into players' graphs)

Sandbagging is not on anybody's mind in my clan..

We won because we were able to set up challenges in our favour..
It is the role of the clan lead
Don't be so limited to have your flags implemented, because it will not change the world..
And again you have no clue when you state that this flag thing would mess up my way of leading the clan..
If you had understood, the TER implementation is meant to minimize the sandbagging advantages!

And YOUR TER suggestion of implemention of having to match within 100 points of TER would be ideal for you.
( player lowers rating 500 points from 1800 to 1300 for 12 months, players TER is now 1300, now 1800 rated player can only be matched against 1400 rated player at worst case for over a year. Hummmm...?) Other than that the TER system would be fine with I. It's better than now anyway.

Also bear in mind that your flag idea is not taking away the fact that the "winner" will still be the one who plays most challenges..
And wins most.

I'm not so limted on the flag idea. TER is also good without YOUR must match within 100 points idea. And there might be other ideas out there way better than the flag idea. I don't know, And I'm not concerned about MY flag idea being implemented. I'm just wanting something put in place that curbs sandbaggers and sandbagging clan leaders that send challenges that could sandbag my house in the case of a flood.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
12 Jun 10

Mike, you know you are not right there when it's about sandbagging and the Amsterdamn Clan..

We have been through all players that you accused of being sandbagger and I've provided you with a lot of data that showed it was not sandbagging..

And next to that it's besides the point: you and I set up challenges that are in our favour: when one of your ...[text shortened]... gh the wall: note that I say that it's not just Metallica, but it's also Amsterdamn Clan
By you own words, then, you make the strongest case yet that some sort of indicator is needed to identify players whose current ratings are significantly below
their true chess ability.😀😀😀

my2sons

A

Amsterdam

Moves
12 Jun 10

And YOUR TER suggestion of implemention of having to match within 100 points of TER would be ideal for you, player lowers rating 500 points from 1800 to 1300 for 12 months..
I don't see how that can be done so easily..

And wins most..
Look at Spinning Stars.. they lose most.. and are 3rd, just by playing more games than you.. so if that's gonna be the way, you will see clans on top who play most games.. and that will not change the top 10.. unless you wanna limit the max amount of games... etc etc etc..

TER is also good without YOUR must match within 100 points idea.
You want a wider range? Imagine that you would allow a true 1400 player who is now at 1100 to play a true 1100 one, since that is possible without being flagged by a 350 deviation from their highs.. how would that suddenly be more fair?

Sandbagging is not the true problem: the problem is that clan leaders don't take the time and effort to look into the challenges.
Most things that are proposed, are helping those clan leaders who seem not be willing to look more closely at the challenges..