1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 08:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    All false religious ideology stems from the unsubstantiated idea that we have an element which departs from the body and transcends death, called the soul. Not a Biblical teaching.

My statement remains, your doctrine is both unjust, cruel and without even a semblance of substantiation, to condemn a person for some supposed act in a previous lifet ...[text shortened]... nds of people in to an existence of misery and servitude. Shame on it and those who profess it.
    Your teaching is still completely wrong.

Its condemnation and cruel for your God to send people to burn in the lake of fire if they dont become a neo Christian. (God doesn,t do that)

It is perfectly just that if your sin you get your reward, ....but dont fret because its not for eternity, its just for one life until you stop sinning.

And the karma directly affects the material body and mind, but not the soul.....the soul (the real person) remains untouched by the deformity, so why all the fuss.

So why does your God make some people have deformities at birth, and some not?......you cannot answer the question because there is no answer if you dont accept karma.

If Christianity doesn't know the nature of the spirit soul, then its going to misdirect the people with false knowledge, like it does.......and then the person leaves the church and becomes an atheist. (like they do)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 08:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So you (Catholic Christians) reject OT law?
    No, the Catholic Church obviously respects the authority of the OT. My point was that the Catholic Church has extra-biblical reasons to condemn homosexuality.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 08:293 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Your teaching is still completely wrong.

Its condemnation and cruel for your God to send people to burn in the lake of fire if they dont become a neo Christian. (God doesn,t do that)

It is perfectly just that if your sin you get your reward, ....but dont fret because its not for eternity, its just for one life until you stop sinning.

And the kar like it does.......and then the person leaves the church and becomes an atheist. (like they do)
    i do not believe in eternal torment in a fiery hell, what is more, it isn't even a Biblical teaching, but i am not surprised you dont know that, for how could you without having studied it.

why are some people deformed at birth?, because of genetic imperfection, or complications during the birth process. For that is what sin means, imperfection, but you don't know that because you have not studied it. Funny that i didn't need the so called law of Karma to explain that, care to state why your assertion is clearly erroneous in this regard? prejudice? Ignorance? unwillingness to accept that you may be wrong in many regards concerning the beliefs of others.

You don't really know anything about the Bible, about the nature of sin, nor of why people are born in an imperfect state. The idea that they are responsible for it in another life cycle is nonsense, and you are simply reiterating the cruel and unjust ideas gleaned from Hinduism, which are very plain to see in the in the concept of untouchables, also viewed as such because of actions of a so called previous lifetime.. There is no such thing as reincarnation, there is no such thing as an eternal soul and there is not one shred of truth in anything you have stated. Karma explains nothing in this regard.

Jesus Christ himself plainly refuted the doctrine.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 09:28
    Seems like the responses to Vishvas "karma" statement have been very negative. I feel that you guys (the ones that oppose vishvas decleration), are clinging to this life and feeling that his explanations are cruel and unwarranted.
    The thing is that no one on this forum knows what happens when you die.
    Could be the greatest relief ever. Could be the greatest "promotion" to a higher life. You dont know.
    Tis a very touchy subject, but, as always from experience, humans have a way of being fearful of paople that have "negative" lives, and while I wish the best for everyone on the planet, and I hope everyone has a happy ,fruitful life, the facts after death have not been established.
    A very tough life could be the road to Nirvana for some.

Again, I talk from experience and not books.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 09:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Seems like the responses to Vishvas "karma" statement have been very negative. I feel that you guys (the ones that oppose vishvas decleration), are clinging to this life and feeling that his explanations are cruel and unwarranted.
    The thing is that no one on this forum knows what happens when you die.
    Could be the greatest relief ever. Could be the g ...[text shortened]... e could be the road to Nirvana for some.

Again, I talk from experience and not books.
    I personally find it offensive to be told that actions in a past life cause a homosexual orientation.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 10:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i do not believe in eternal torment in a fiery hell, what is more, it isn't even a Biblical teaching, but i am not surprised you dont know that, for how could you without having studied it.

why are some people deformed at birth?, because of genetic imperfection, or complications during the birth process. For that is what sin means, imperfection, ...[text shortened]... Karma explains nothing in this regard.

Jesus Christ himself plainly refuted the doctrine.
    Agreed.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I personally find it offensive to be told that actions in a past life cause a homosexual orientation.
    My take on this subject is that homosexuality is a transitional phase for the human species.

Like adrogony. It is transitional. We are in a transitional phase of spiritual evolution.

I dont know if you are one that thinks things will stay much the same in the upcoming years or that we are headed for a major change.
    I hope you are in the latter, because change is coming, and the human spirit, (from the lowest to the highest levels) , will be tested .

I find a lot of spiritual teachings to be offensive from my current point of view, but as you christians seem to repeat, change is a coming.
    Christian teachings seem offensive to non-christians, but I have no trouble incorporating them into my wordlview (despite them being simplistic and somewhat limited), why cant you see that cause and effect (or karma) is just a result of the universe "balancing itself out"?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 10:381 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The material body is not the person, it is just dust in the wind.

The real person is the spiritual soul.

The cabbage is the dust, and is animated to growth by the souls presents.

And if you are really sinful you can easily end up in the plant kingdom for a short while.

You see theres no difference between the body of a carrot and your body... ...[text shortened]... the wind. ( the same stuff) so for the soul to animate one or the other, is not hard to accept.
    You see theres no difference between the body of a carrot and your body.......both are just dust in the wind. ( the same stuff) so for the soul to animate one or the other, is not hard to accept.

I presume your objections to cannibalism (if any) are based on other grounds then, if there is no difference between a human and a carrot?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 12:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Agreed.
    🙂
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 12:55
    My take on this subject is that homosexuality is a transitional phase for the human species.

Like adrogony. It is transitional. We are in a transitional phase of spiritual evolution.

I dont know if you are one that thinks things will stay much the same in the upcoming years or that we are headed for a major change.
    I hope you are in the latter, ...[text shortened]... see that cause and effect (or karma) is just a result of the universe "balancing itself out"?
    Homosexuality is transitional? WTF are you talking about?
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 13:34
    He doesn't know what he is talking about.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 20:461 edit
    I dont think it will exist in the future ...
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 20:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He doesn't know what he is talking about.
    I'm speculating on a big timeline...
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 21:12
    I'm speculating on a big timeline...
    Homosexual is not transitional. Not for individuals, not for humankind.
    Homosexual is a part of nature. Every mammal has homosexuality within their specie. Why should it be transisional in our specie?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 21:58
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]You see theres no difference between the body of a carrot and your body.......both are just dust in the wind. ( the same stuff) so for the soul to animate one or the other, is not hard to accept.

I presume your objections to cannibalism (if any) are based on other grounds then, if there is no difference between a human and a carrot?[/b]
    If you incinerate a carrot and your body, they both will become ash, and then that ash becomes dust in the wind.

While their both living, they both have different purposes and they both have different levels of consciousness and awareness.

The more sentient a species is, the more you should refrain from killing it.

There is karma for everything you do, good things and bad things......but if one is situated on the transcendental platform, then they acquire no karma.

You become situated on the transcendental platform by engaging in the spiritual life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree