1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 11:492 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I was asking roigam whether he celebrated birthdays as an individual poster here in his own right.

If he has the same answer as you on account of being a member of the same non-stock corporation (with its HQ in New York) as you are, then it's no skin of his nose or off my nose if he simply says so.

In fact, I'm not sure what the skin on your nose has go ...[text shortened]... em to have jumped in for some reason.

Do you also send your birthday wishes to the web site?
    No you were not, you knew that he was one of Jehovahs witnesses and framed the question directly at him in a cheap attempt to make something of the fact that children are involved. Have you asked anyone else whether they celebrate the birthdays of their children? no? making a mockery of your ludicrous claims.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 11:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No it was a question which you already knew the answer to ....
    Actually, I don't know what answer roigam was - or is - going to give. I found it interesting that he - a JW - participated in the sending of his anniversary wishes to a web site on the occasion of it's 15th birthday... so perhaps he will answer my question differently from you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 11:55
    No you were not, you knew that he was one of Jehovahs witnesses and framed the question directly at him in a cheap attempt to make something of the fact that children are involved. Have you asked anyone else whether they celebrate the birthdays of their children? no? making a mockery of your ludicrous claims.
    I asked him because his participation in this thread is somewhat of a surprise, seeing as he is a JW. If he explains that he feels permitted to wish inanimate objects or intangible things like a web site 'happy anniversary' or 'happy birthday', then I will have learnt something new. If you wish the web site a 'happy anniversary' I will be surprised and will perhaps ask you about.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 11:55
    Is the celebration of birthdays not considered in the same way blood transfusions are then; I.e. a matter of personal conscience?

I don't understand why you won't answer this question.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 11:58
    Have you asked anyone else whether they celebrate the birthdays of their children? no? making a mockery of your ludicrous claims.
    But who else's sending of a 'happy anniversary' message - as he has done on this thread - has been a surprise? Perhaps he's like Beauroberts - a JW - who had a blood transfusion, which - as far as I know - most JWs would not want to do.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 12:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    But who else's sending of a 'happy anniversary' message - as he has done on this thread - has been a surprise? Perhaps he's like Beauroberts - a JW - who had a blood transfusion, which - as far as I know - most JWs would not want to do.
    you have been caught asking question that you already knew the answer to with the sole intent of using it to make something of the fact that children are involved.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 12:03
    you have been caught asking question that you already knew the answer to with the sole intent of using it to make something of the fact that children are involved.
    But I did not and still don't know what roigam's answer will be.

And I don't know the answer to this question, either:

robbie, do you also send your anniversary wishes to the web site on the occasion of its 15th birthday?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 12:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is the celebration of birthdays not considered in the same way blood transfusions are then; I.e. a matter of personal conscience?

I don't understand why you won't answer this question.
    tell us why you use the term cult to describe Jehovahs witnesses.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 12:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I did not and still don't know what roigam's answer will be.

And I don't know the answer to this question, either:

robbie, do you also send your anniversary wishes to the web site on the occasion of its 15th birthday?
    No it holds little interest for me.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 12:08
    No it holds little interest for me.
    Would it be permissible for you - as a JW - to wish this web site a happy birthday?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 13:57
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I'm sure Russ is a very nice guy and gives great value for money.
    But he doesn't need his behind licked.
    Is that how you see it? Since when is it "behind licking" to pay a compliment or acknowledge one's achievement?

Why do you feel the need to make it a character flaw to say something polite to someone for doing a good thing?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 13:59
    tell us why you use the term cult to describe Jehovahs witnesses.
    If I answer this question (again) will you answer mine?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 21:34
    I wonder if roigam or robbie carrobie are going to return to this thread. Especially roigam, after getting feedback from Robbie carrobie. Perhaps carrobie thinks roigam has made an error...
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 22:15
    Originally posted by josephw
    1. Is that how you see it?

2. Since when is it "behind licking" to pay a compliment or acknowledge one's achievement?

3. Why do you feel the need to make it a character flaw to say something polite to someone for doing a good thing?
    1. Yes

2. When it's to the owner of an internet chess site.

3. I don't. Why do you find the need to put words into people's mouths?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 22:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    Is that how you see it? Since when is it "behind licking" to pay a compliment or acknowledge one's achievement?

Why do you feel the need to make it a character flaw to say something polite to someone for doing a good thing?
    It is entirely possible to compliment Russ privately. When done publicly it could be interpreted as a$$-licking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree