"15th Birthday Wishes to Red Hot Pawn"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Why do you trouble yourself over such trivial matters? There are many much more serious matters relating to life and death the Word of God addresses that I would think someone with your intellectual caliber might be interested in discussing.
And surely someone with your "intellectual caliber" will realize that I may have posted 20,000 times on this forum and have discussed both serious matters and not so serious matters.

The issue here is someone claiming there is some form of instruction in the Bible for which they seem unable to provide a Bible reference to substantiate. One could say that a principle is at issue. Plucking supposed Biblical justification out of thin air is related (by way of its practitioners) to cherry picking.

The degree to which you believe this is a "serious matter" or worthy of discussion on a Spirituality Forum - when I am engaging a Bible quoting Christian - has no effect on whether I think it is worthy of discussion. Asking me 'why do you care?' ad nauseam makes you seem uninterested in or unable to process someone else's curiosity.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Feb 16

Originally posted by josephw

Personally I think birthday parties are for children. .
Personally I think birthday parties are for everyone
who likes celebrating life with family and friends around.

r

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Plenty of that can be done without engaging in pagan rituals.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by roigam
Plenty of that can be done without engaging in pagan rituals.
Christians have been celebrating birthdays for 2,000 years. Jews were probably celebrating them for thousands of years before that. None of them were pagans. To be "engaging in pagan rituals" one has to be a pagan who believes in what a pagan ritual means to pagans.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday:

"Date difference from Feb 21, 2001 to Feb 21, 2016
This is equal to 15 years. This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an ...[text shortened]... com/dates/

Comments: Your 15th Birthday Wishes to Red Hot Pawn?
Sunday, February 14, 2016

Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday one week from today.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Sunday, February 14, 2016

Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday one week from today.
Pagan!!!!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Feb 16

Pagan!!!!
Thank you, wolfgang59.

F

Moves
17 Feb 16

A Christian interacting with Wolfgang59 in some message board banter and yet, something tells me, neither josephw nor Suzianne is going to insinuate (in a cowardly way) that the Christian is "an enemy of God". 😛

Moves
17 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
A Christian interacting with Wolfgang59 in some message board banter and yet, something tells me, neither josephw nor Suzianne is going to insinuate (in a cowardly way) that the Christian is "an enemy of God". 😛
It occurred to me while observing the presidential debates and the accompanying rhetoric, that the partisan attitudes and unprincipled behaviours exhibited by the American Christians here, is a parallel with the political partisan attitudes and unprincipled behaviours I see on TV by these politicians and their cronies. Maybe it's a cultural thing, as I don't think UK Christians would behave as these do.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Feb 16

On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday:

This is equal to 15 years. This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an ...[text shortened]... com/dates/

"15th Birthday Wishes to Red Hot Pawn" Countdown: Sunday, February 21, 2016 ------------> Thursday, February 18, 2016: 3 Days to go.,

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Feb 16

Originally posted by @Grampy-Bobby
"On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday:"

"July 2007-2016

Thanks, Russ...."

~GB

Moves
21 Feb 16

Originally posted by @Grampy-Bobby
[b]"On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday:"

"July 2007-2016

Thanks, Russ...."

~GB[/b]
This is at least the third thread you have copy/pasted this into. why don't you start a new thread about it, or a blog or something?

Moves
21 Feb 16

Quite right, Wolfgang!

Moves
21 Feb 16

[b]On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its fifteenth birthday:

This is equal to 15 years. This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an e ...[text shortened]... dates/

Comments: Your 15th Birthday Wishes to Red Hot Pawn?[/b]
Happy fifteenth birthday, Red Hot Pawn!

It's a real achievement to create such a popular and long-lasting site that gives so much enjoyment to so many people!

Thank you, Russ! 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Feb 16

Your Assessment of Red Hot Pawn Thread 167582

"Red Hot Pawn" (By Edward Scimia, Chess Expert)

"Red Hot Pawn (and several other sites that offer the same service with a slightly different look and feel, such as Play The Immortal Game) is a turn-based correspondence chess site with more than 100,000 members. With players at all levels and a wide variety of time controls and game types, it's a great way for players to get involved in online correspondence chess. Free memberships are available, though paying subscribers have access to more features..." http://chess.about.com/od/playingchessonline/a/Red-Hot-Pawn.htm

Note of Appreciation: Sunday, February 21, 2016: My global friends, here's a virtual snapshot of the online correspondence chess website with public forums its sole proprietor has provided for "more than 100,000 members" since February 21, 2001.

Startreader, thanks for taking this timely initiative and for your kind words. Russ all the best and every good wish on Red Hot Pawn's 15th Birthday with confidence that you'll be celebrating its 30th Birthday on February 21, 2031. Regards, GB Thread 167620