"15th Birthday Wishes to Red Hot Pawn"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Happy Birthday to Russ from Red Hot Pawn
It's Russ' birthday today?

Moves
10 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
It's Russ' birthday today?
I think GB remembers their first online date.

r

Moves
11 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Anniversaries of what?
Anniversaries of weddings for one thing.
Jehovah God conducted the first wedding in the Garden of Eden.
(Genesis 1:27, 28) And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. 28 Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”
(Ephesians 3:14, 15) For this reason I bend my knees to the Father, 15 to whom every family in heaven and on earth owes its name.

We also celebrate anniversaries of special events such as Christ's sacrificial death.
btw that anniversary is on March 23rd this year.
You are invited to attend at your local Kingdom Hall.

F

Moves
11 Feb 16

Originally posted by roigam
Anniversaries of weddings for one thing.
Is there some verse in the Bible that actually gives you point blank about not celebrating the anniversary of someone's birth or is it another one of these peculiarly tenuous and contrived things like the supposed proscription blood transfusions?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Is there some verse in the Bible that actually gives you point blank about not celebrating the anniversary of someone's birth or is it another one of these peculiarly tenuous and contrived things like the supposed proscription blood transfusions?
What difference would it make to you if it did? You don't believe anything the Bible teaches anyway, so why waste your time? 🙄

In fact everything you have to say is a denunciation of everything the Bible teaches anyway, so why do you care? Is it your mission in life to destroy other's faith in what the Bible teaches just because you never really did have any faith in what the Bible teaches in the first place?

F

Moves
12 Feb 16

Originally posted by josephw
Is it your mission in life to destroy other's faith in what the Bible teaches just because you never really did have any faith in what the Bible teaches in the first place?
This is not a Christianity Forum. I find it interesting to participate in discussions on issues and views related to spirituality. If your faith could somehow be destroyed merely by the difference between your viewpoints and my viewpoints, then that would be extraordinary. So I assume it's just a bit of hyperbole. I doubt you actually think that it is my "mission in life to destroy other's faith" so presumably you are simply trying a bit too hard to be combative. I often find it fascinating to read the peculiar things that religionists like you say when you are trying to process disagreement. .

F

Moves
12 Feb 16

What difference would it make to you if it did?
OK, you're a Christian, so I'll try canvassing your opinion as well: what verses in the Bible counsel Christians not to celebrate the anniversary of someone's birth? I'm curious.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I often find it fascinating to read the peculiar things that religionists like you say when you are trying to process disagreement. .
What makes you think I'm "trying to process disagreement"?

Why should I do that? It's plain to see that you have taken an anti-biblical position on any and all issues related to Biblical Truth.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
OK, you're a Christian, so I'll try canvassing your opinion as well: what verses in the Bible counsel Christians not to celebrate the anniversary of someone's birth? I'm curious.
None that I know of.

Personally I think birthday parties are for children. I know when I was born, and I see no Biblical reason not to take note of the day I was born if not for to just know how old I am.

Why do you trouble yourself over such trivial matters? There are many much more serious matters relating to life and death the Word of God addresses that I would think someone with your intellectual caliber might be interested in discussing.

But, since you've made it plain that you hold no stock in what the Bible has to say about true spiritual matters it's no wonder you spend so much time obfuscating the discussion.

r

Moves
12 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
How do you get being forbidden to celebrate birthdays from... "A good name is better than good oil, and the day of death is better than the day of birth."? Is there some verse elsewhere in the Bible that actually gives you guidance about not celebrating the anniversary of someone's birth?
The only event Christians are instructed to celebrate is the death of Christ Jesus.
(Luke 22:19) Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”
(The Memorial of Christ's death this year is March 23 after sundown, We invite you to attend at your local Kingdom Hall)

Other celebrations are to make people feel better but birthdays are to boost an individuals ego. It elevates them beyond their imperfect human condition.

That amounts to creature worship.
The Bible says:
(Exodus 20:2, 3) “I am Jehovah your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 3 You must not have any other gods besides me.
This same belief was echoed by Jesus:
(Luke 4:8) In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

If you research online you will find that birthday celebrations are of pagan origin.
They were added to "Christianity" by Constantine in the 4th century. They were not
celebrated by the early Christians including the Apostles or Christ Jesus.

r

Moves
12 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
You and Robbie carrobie are the masters of the cop-out. Why won't either of you answer the question?

...is the celebration of birthdays not considered in the same way blood transfusions are; I.e. a matter of personal conscience?
Hopefully this will make the matter clear.
Everything we as humans do is a matter of conscience.
As JW s we act in harmony with our Bible trained conscience.
The Bible gives principles to guide us in the matter of birthdays and use of blood.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 16
1 edit

The only event Christians are instructed to celebrate is the death of Christ Jesus.
(Luke 22:19) Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”
(The Memorial of Christ's death this year is March 23 after sundown, We invite you to atten ...[text shortened]... tury. They were not
celebrated by the early Christians including the Apostles or Christ Jesus.
The Bible is not a book designed to instruct a person on every imaginable issue otherwise there would be instructions on dos and donts pertaining to Facebook or speeding on the highway for example.

The Bible presents dogs in a poor light and nothing is said that is positive about dogs. By your logic the owning of a dog as a pet must be contrary to the will of God.

Plus pagans owned dogs as well .. must be a terrible sin.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

What makes you think I'm "trying to process disagreement"?
Because you act defensively and try to land often rather petty blows instead of dealing with my observations or questions head on. Not all the time. But pretty often.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16
1 edit

IOriginally posted by josephw
Why do you trouble yourself over such trivial matters? There are many much more serious matters relating to life and death the Word of God addresses that I would think someone with your intellectual caliber might be interested in discussing.

But, since you've made it plain that you hold no stock in what the Bible has to say about true spiritual matters it's no wonder you spend so much time obfuscating the discussion.
This is a deflection that you use repeatedly and I have answered it umpteen times: I am interested in spiritual matters and - as a sub-category - in how religionists like you deal with people who don't share your beliefs. Asking me over and over again why I am interested in something is merely a kind of dodge. I have told you several times. You just ignore the answer.

Even now, in your last two or three posts, you have asked "What difference would it make to you if it did?" ... "Why waste your time?" ... "Why do you care?" ... "Why do you trouble yourself over such trivial matters?" Trotting out these kinds of questions time and time again makes you sound defensive and insecure. This isn't a Christianity Forum. You are going to meet people who are not Christians who will address you from a non-Christian point of view.

F

Moves
13 Feb 16

Other celebrations are to make people feel better but birthdays are to boost an individuals ego. It elevates them beyond their imperfect human condition.
Where do you claim the Bible say this about birthdays?