1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 17:16
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I am a Christian due to Christ Jesus, not some “Christian thought” whatever that is according to you. I’m not sure who I have distance myself from.
    You subscribe to Christian thinking centred around Jesus. ?
    Do I have that right?
    Or are all your thoughts about your faith independent of all other Christians?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 18:01
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    You subscribe to Christian thinking centred around Jesus. ?
    Do I have that right?
    Or are all your thoughts about your faith independent of all other Christians?
    Well each one of us is going to be held accountable for our own words, I'm not going to
    be held accountable for anyone else' words who claims to be a Christian on this site or
    anywhere else. Since that is the case, when I quote scripture and I tell you about, call me
    out on what I say, I'm saying it. If I quote another, please call me out on that too, but my
    words are independent of all other Christians as theirs are from me. Where we are bound
    together is Jesus Christ whose blood was shed for all sinners and we accept His grace
    due to His laying down His life for us. In that we are all bound together in God's grace, by
    our One Lord and God. We remain independent people joined by common grace given to
    us for each of our independent sins we have done against God.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 18:13
    Well ...
    I love shiva too. The issue here is about the mysterious nature of subjective experience, and the failure of science to explain it.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 18:16
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I love shiva too. The issue here is about the mysterious nature of subjective experience, and the failure of science to explain it.
    I have no idea what shiva is, but you directly insulted my beliefs with intent didn't you?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 18:26
    I have no idea what shiva is, but you directly insulted my beliefs with intent didn't you?
    Yeah, the whole coexist thing doesn't work well with HELL involved.

Most people aren't christian, you know that, right?

I suspect that most christians aren't christian, either.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 18:52
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Yeah, the whole coexist thing doesn't work well with HELL involved.

Most people aren't christian, you know that, right?

I suspect that most christians aren't christian, either.
    So not going to own what you said.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 22:42
    Well each one of us is going to be held accountable for our own words, I'm not going to
    be held accountable for anyone else' words who claims to be a Christian on this site or
    anywhere else. Since that is the case, when I quote scripture and I tell you about, call me
    out on what I say, I'm saying it. If I quote another, please call me out on that too, b ...[text shortened]... e joined by common grace given to
    So you and many other Christians have come up with the idea of having a central tennet of Jesus in your understanding . And totally independently too?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 23:53
    So you and many other Christians have come up with the idea of having a central tennet of Jesus in your understanding . And totally independently too?
    We each had a share experience who knows the Lord, that is He became apart of our lives. It isn’t shared ideas it is much more.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 18:04
    So not going to own what you said.
    You have no basis for that claim, and offer none.

You're in crises.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 19:13
    We each had a share experience who knows the Lord, that is He became apart of our lives. It isn’t shared ideas it is much more.
    Not shared ideas?
    Really? What then? Just strict indoctrination by Pentacostals? 🙂

Yes. You guys tell us it is much more but are unable to express that in terms that are quantifiable.
    Sorry dude but it just sounds like spin.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 19:172 edits
    out on what I say, I'm saying it. If I quote another, please call me out on that too, b ...[text shortened]... e joined by common grace given to
    Maybe we are already being held accountable, after all many have lives that are filled with turmoil and pain.
    If your god exists maybe he's already turning the screws on the wayward and opening doors for the righteous.]
    why not? Seems as plausible as waiting to die to be judged.

I say that last part because despite all the pedestal setting words of Christians like yourself, there is no tangible evidence of Jesus or many things in the bible.
    It is you who repeatedly tells us that people are sinful and should not be given more power because they'd stuff it up.
    But they didn't stuff up the bible??
    Not to mention the lack of scientific evidence.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 21:01
    Maybe we are already being held accountable, after all many have lives that are filled with turmoil and pain.
    If your god exists maybe he's already turning the screws on the wayward and opening doors for the righteous.]
    why not? Seems as plausible as waiting to die to be judged.

I say that last part because despite all the pedestal setting words ...[text shortened]... up.
    But they didn't stuff up the bible??
    Not to mention the lack of scientific evidence.
    We being held accountable, but grace is being offered now too. It is better than being condemned by far!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 02:56
    We being held accountable, but grace is being offered now too. It is better than being condemned by far!
    "condemned by far" ??? Whats that mean?

Do you mean like how Christian posters seem to condemn the likes of me and a few other regulars while those less sure of themselves seem to accept different POVs much more readily?

Lets face it- this previous post of yours isn't very clear.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 03:14
    Translation: humans are inherently bad; we Christians are forgiven for being inherently bad because we are Christians [we call it "being held accountable" which is a kind of Orwellian-style taking-the-piss]; being good people is NOT the point; believing in "grace" is the only purpose in life; non-Christians are "condemned" and burnt non-stop in a furnace;
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 04:14
    "condemned by far" ??? Whats that mean?

Do you mean like how Christian posters seem to condemn the likes of me and a few other regulars while those less sure of themselves seem to accept different POVs much more readily?

Lets face it- this previous post of yours isn't very clear.
    Grace is better than being condemn.

I do not want to condemn anyone, I know I've done enough I should be condemned. So as
    far as I'm concern my prayers are that God forgives all the wrongs done to me, and I
    don't want anyone being held accountable for sins against me.

That wasn't what I talk about when it comes to the condemnation people the scripture is
    very clear, the whole world is standing condemned before God. He made a way for the
    whole world to be forgiven, but it is going to be on God's terms not ours, and that is by
    the grace of Jesus Christ. Just as we owe our very existence to God, we also owe our
    salvation to Him too. Which is great in my opinion, because if it depended on us, we would
    screw it up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree