1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 19:40
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Hi Whodey

For the last portion of replay, I want you to show me where in the Bible I can find that. That what this all about. I really want to know. There are 4 billion Christians in the world and I want to understand what is the base of theit belive.

Sorry for my bad english, this is a big problem don't allow me to express all my thoughts.
    I don't understand what you are asking.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 19:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    I don't understand what you are asking.
    You said that If I read the bible or the four Gospels I will find it is all talking about the Chrsit, Salvation and that Jesus died on the cross for us. I want you to direct me where could I find that in the bible and convence me of you point. That is the purpose of my thread.
  3. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 19:551 edit
    Hi Whodey

when I gave you these links I was not trying to show you that the Bible is corrupted. Really that was not my intention. I know that scripture of Timothy 3:16 is different from one Bible to the other, and many scholars say the word GOD is added to the text. So we cann't use it to prove trinity. That is all. Don't you agree with me that I cann't ...[text shortened]...
    Sorry for my bad english, this is a big problem don't allow me to express all my thoughts.
    I'm not angry, mate. It's just a few of the things I pointed out make it difficult to discuss this topic with you.

Still. Peace.

Salaam!! 😉
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 20:06
    Originally posted by sjeg
    I'm not angry, mate. It's just a few of the things I pointed out make it difficult to discuss this topic with you.

Still. Peace.

Salaam!! 😉
    Salaam for all of us.

I hope there will be a time when you change your mind.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '06 22:571 edit
    You said that If I read the bible or the four Gospels I will find it is all talking about the Chrsit, Salvation and that Jesus died on the cross for us. I want you to direct me where could I find that in the bible and convence me of you point. That is the purpose of my thread.
    I think we can both agree that without sin we must then have salvation, no?

John 1:29 "The next day John Sees Jesus coming to him, and says, Behold the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world."

Christ was referred to as the Lamb of God for a reason. Lambs were sacrificial animals used in Judism for blood sacrifice for sin.

Also, Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God and the only way to everlasting life.

John 3:16 "for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have ever lasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved. He that believes on him is not condemned; but he that believes not is condemned already, becasue he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."

Can any mere mortal man say that if men believe on him that he will be saved or that, that mortal man will ressurect him on the last day?

John 6:40 "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life and I will raise him up at the last day."

Could Mohammad say the following?

John 6:47 "Verily, verily, I say to you, he that believes on me has everlasting life. I am the bread of life......I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.....Verily, verily I say to you, except you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood, you will have no life in you."

Here we see the bodily sacrifice being equated with eternal life. It is painfully obvious that Christ is not talking about the literal flesh and blood, rathar, he is talking about recieiving the sacrifice done on the cross.

Christ even prophesied that he would be raised up on the third day after being crucified on the cross.

Matthew 12:40 "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; shall the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

So you say you don't believe in the trinity? How about this scripture? This is what Christ commanded his followers to do after he had arisen.

Matthew 28:19 "Go you therefore and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"

Do Muslims do this?

Christ and his sacrifice for our sins was all even prophesied about in the Old Testament.

Isaiah 53 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of the dry ground; he has no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of many sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has born our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed."
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 03:29
    I think we can both agree that without sin we must then have salvation, no?

John 1:29 "The next day John Sees Jesus coming to him, and says, Behold the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world."

Christ was referred to as the Lamb of God for a reason. Lambs were sacrificial animals used in Judism for blood sacrifice for sin.

Also, Christ is ...[text shortened]... the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed."
    Before I answer you ,I have a small question, please answer me because I'm really confused from your answer.

Is Jesus GOD or not?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 03:49
    Before I answer you ,I have a small question, please answer me because I'm really confused from your answer.

Is Jesus GOD or not?
    🙄
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 03:57
    🙄
    You said in your post:

"Also, Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God and the only way to everlasting life."

What I understand from this sentense is that he is not GOD himself.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 04:071 edit
    You said in your post:

"Also, Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God and the only way to everlasting life."

What I understand from this sentense is that he is not GOD himself.
    It indeed is a hard concept and a mystery how God could come down in the flesh but this is what I believe. He permitted himself to be placed in a weakened state thus the term Son of God is given to him and thus the reason for the confusion. If he were a mere mortal man there should be other Sons of God and not the ONLY begotten Son, no? It is equally hard for me to realize I am body, soul, and spirit but am still only one person, but it equally as true as well.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 04:161 edit
    It indeed is a hard concept and a mystery how God could come down in the flesh but this is what I believe. He permitted himself to be placed in a weakened state thus the term Son of God is given to him and thus the reason for the confusion. If he were a mere mortal man there should be other Sons of God and not the ONLY begotten Son, no? It is equally hard ...[text shortened]... ealize I am body, soul, and spirit but am still only one person, but it equally as true as well.
    Yes it is a very hard concept to understand. Besides for me it lakes its evidences.

You talked many times about Muslims and what they do belive.

Do you know what Muslims Belive...
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 04:32
    Yes it is a very hard concept to understand. Besides for me it lakes its evidences.

You talked many times about Muslims and what they do belive.

Do you know what Muslims Belive...
    You believe in one God as I do but do not believe in the Trinity. You believe that Christ came but do not believe he was anything more than a prophet. You believe that the Bible was the inspired word of God but you believe it to be corrupted. You believe the Quran is the only inerrant word of God that has never been corrupted. How is that for starters?
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 04:401 edit
    You believe in one God as I do but do not believe in the Trinity. You believe that Christ came but do not believe he was anything more than a prophet. You believe that the Bible was the inspired word of God but you believe it to be corrupted. You believe the Quran is the only inerrant word of God that has never been corrupted. How is that for starters?
    Good,

So if that is what a Muslim belive in, what is wrong with his faith?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 04:51
    Good,

So if that is what a Muslim belive in, what is wrong with his faith?
    The early Christian movement used to be called "The Way". In other words, there is only one way and that is through Christ. How arrogant is that I ask you? Could you not just say that every religious road leads to God? If so, there are but two possibilities for such a scenerio. Either there is no God, or he does not care and is indifferent. I accept neither scenerio.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 05:03
    The early Christian movement used to be called "The Way". In other words, there is only one way and that is through Christ. How arrogant is that I ask you? Could you not just say that every religious road leads to God? If so, there are but two possibilities for such a scenerio. Either there is no God, or he does not care and is indifferent. I accept neither scenerio.
    I belive there is only one way because there is only one GOD.

You belive that the only way is through Christ .

I belive that it is Islam

So one of us is on the right way.

I worship Allah the only creator for this univers.

I bow to him several times a day.

I call his name every day and every night

I call his name before I do anything

I do goodies, I don't lie, I don't steel the other, I try to avoid a sin because I know he see me,

I know if I made a sin I can call him and him alone to ask forgivness

And I know he will be happy when I do that.

Do you think Allah will be angry of me after all of that?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 06:38
    It indeed is a hard concept and a mystery how God could come down in the flesh but this is what I believe. He permitted himself to be placed in a weakened state thus the term Son of God is given to him and thus the reason for the confusion. If he were a mere mortal man there should be other Sons of God and not the ONLY begotten Son, no? It is equally hard ...[text shortened]... ealize I am body, soul, and spirit but am still only one person, but it equally as true as well.
    Actually I thought that the new testament said that we were all sons of God and that the quote you are giving emphasizes the "begotten" word. Meaning that Jesus was the only one who did not have a human father as well.
    Thats the first time I have heard someone claim we have a soul and a spirit. Considering that no one seems to know what a soul is, do you have an explanation for what your spirit is?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree