1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 08:031 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually I thought that the new testament said that we were all sons of God and that the quote you are giving emphasizes the "begotten" word. Meaning that Jesus was the only one who did not have a human father as well.
    Thats the first time I have heard someone claim we have a soul and a spirit. Considering that no one seems to know what a soul is, do you have an explanation for what your spirit is?
    Are you refering to the New Testament saying "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (Gal. 3:26)? Do you have faith in Christ Jesus then? This passage says that the ones who have faith in Christ Jesus have by that means become sons of God. This would agree with John 1:12 - "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the autority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name. Who were begotten not of blood, not of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." The life union and relationship with the Father is for those who have faith in Christ Jesus, who believe into His name, who received Him, and who have been granted authority to be begotten, spiritually born, regenerated of God. "[A]s many as received Him" of course assumes that He is alive to be received. One becomes a son of God through faith in the Christ Jesus Whom one believes is alive today and can be received. Some do not believe that He is alive. And some others may think that He is alive but do not want to receive Him or believe into His name. These are not children of God born of God or sons of God. So do you know where you stand? You said "Actually I thought that the new testament said that we were all sons of God ...?" Do you receive the living Christ then as your Lord? Do you also "believe into His name?"
  2. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 09:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 09:42
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Are you refering to the New Testament saying [b]"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (Gal. 3:26)? Do you have faith in Christ Jesus then? This passage says that the ones who have faith in Christ Jesus have by that means become sons of God. ...[text shortened]... ceive the living Christ then as your Lord? Do you also "believe into His name?"[/b]
    I am an atheist. I was merely pointing out that the verse in question does not state that Jesus is the only son of God as wodey was claiming. There are many verses including the ones you quote that imply otherwise. I believe that there are some that imply that all people are sons of God, not just believers.
    However as it is just an analogy anyway and not the biological father son relationship, it can have different meanings at different times. In the old testament I believe the Israelites are often referred to as children of God implying that everyone else isnt.
  4. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 09:45
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Salaam for all of us.

I hope there will be a time when you change your mind.
    Sure! Where do I sign up to your world and religious views???
  5. London
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 12:06
    And I know that Jesus was considered a man for 400 years.
    Er ... no.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 15:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am an atheist. I was merely pointing out that the verse in question does not state that Jesus is the only son of God as wodey was claiming. There are many verses including the ones you quote that imply otherwise. I believe that there are some that imply that all people are sons of God, not just believers.
    However as it is just an analogy anyway and not ...[text shortened]... elieve the Israelites are often referred to as children of God implying that everyone else isnt.
    That is exactly what I know. Jesus is not the only SON of GOD in the Bible.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 16:53
    Woody, you asked me before about the Blood sacrifice for sin forgivness.

I found the following in the old testament:

1. Num 31:50:
    "We have therefore brought an oblation for the LORD, what every man hath gotten, of jewels of gold, chains, and bracelets, rings, earrings, and tablets, to make an atonement for our souls before the LORD."

I think it means that GOD accept non Blood stuff for forgivness.

2. Lev 5:11
    "But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering."

As you can see flour is accepted to fogive sin.

3. 2nd Cron 7:14
    "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

I think this is so clear. GOD forgive sin without any sacrifice just paray and seek the GOD face. Exactly as Islam say.

Don't you agree with me now that blood sacrifice is not required by GOD for sin forgivness. Tell me if I'm wrong
  8. London
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 17:162 edits
    Originally posted by sugiezd
    Wasn't it at Nicea (4th century) where Jesus was proclaimed divine?

Before that he was just a man.
    No. He was considered quite divine right from the letters of St. Paul (which precedes some of the Gospels, IIRC).

What Nicaea did was to re-affirm those orthodox views.

EDIT: Don't believe everything you read in a Dan Brown novel.

EDIT2: In fact, the Arians did not believe that Jesus was a mere human. Jesus was divine and the Son of God to them -- the problem was whether he was the same being as the Father.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 17:21
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    No. He was considered quite divine right from the letters of St. Paul (which precedes some of the Gospels, IIRC).

What Nicaea did was to re-affirm those orthodox views.

EDIT: Don't believe everything you read in a Dan Brown novel.
    It is not only Dan Brown.
  10. London
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 17:31
    It is not only Dan Brown.
    If you say so.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 17:40
    If you say so.
    did the disciples belive that Jesus is GOD.
  12. London
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 18:012 edits
    did the disciples belive that Jesus is GOD.
    John 20:28

"Thomas said to [Jesus], 'My Lord and my God!'"

EDIT: If you mean whether they believed Jesus was the same person as Yahweh -- no they didn't. And neither do we.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 18:021 edit
    John 20:28

EDIT: If you mean whether they believed Jesus was the same person as Yahweh -- no they didn't. And neither do we.
    Did they worship Jesus?

Can you tell me what this verse means:

Act 2:22:
    "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know"
  14. London
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 18:06
    Did they worship Jesus?
    After Pentecost, yes.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '06 18:091 edit
    After Pentecost, yes.
    Where could I find that in the Bible that they worship him?

When did they know that he is GOD, during his life or after his death.

Did they worthship him or GOD.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree