1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 06:51
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I see myself as 'open' , whereas I see the likes of Second Son as 'closed'
    Agreed.

You are both like a bottle of milk, but only Second Son has his lid on. As a consequence of your openness, your milk has gone sour.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 09:07
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    On the rare occasions I have become drunk (and you can count them on one hand) I simply go extremely quiet, before falling asleep. This frustrated my sister considerably, who plied me with alcohol over the Christmas period believing it would make me more sociable.
    Even your family think you are socially dull?

**ref steps in: “no blows below the waist gentlemen”**
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 09:11
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Both of you, FMF and Ghost, are trying to act mightier than thou, and you're minimizing a common fact: being drunk means you are highly likely to act differently than when sober.

Why are you disputing this common knowledge?
    Alcohol is I relaxant and disinhibitor but disinhibition does not necessarily mean behaving immorally.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 10:51
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Even your family think you are socially dull?

**ref steps in: “no blows below the waist gentlemen”**
    lol My sister certainly does.

She tends to host our Christmas gatherings and wants everyone to be perpetually jovial.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 10:59
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    lol My sister certainly does.

She tends to host our Christmas gatherings and wants everyone to be perpetually jovial.
    How has this circumstance come to be the norm? Perhaps you could host Christmas at yours and instruct everyone to be sober and somber?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 11:22
    Alcohol is I relaxant and disinhibitor but disinhibition does not necessarily mean behaving immorally.
    I wonder if anyone would admit to having a 'desire' to do something, but keep that desire at bay while sober.....but then if drunk actually go through with it.
    I'm certain that many affairs, for example, start while one is under the influence of alcohol.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 11:28
    I wonder if anyone would admit to having a 'desire' to do something, but keep that desire at bay while sober.....but then if drunk actually go through with it.
    I'm certain that many affairs, for example, start while one is under the influence of alcohol.
    That people do immoral things when intoxicated does not make being intoxicated itself immoral.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 11:341 edit
    That people do immoral things when intoxicated does not make being intoxicated itself immoral.
    It's cause and effect.
    Without the alcohol, the affair doesn't happen.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 11:46
    It's cause and effect.
    Without the alcohol, the affair doesn't happen.
    For certain people, not for the majority of people who have a drink, have a laugh, go to sleep and wake up with nothing more than a headache.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 12:36
    For certain people, not for the majority of people who have a drink, have a laugh, go to sleep and wake up with nothing more than a headache.
    We were discussing intoxication and desires of the flesh, not a mere drink or two.
    The dilemma here is that most deny having desires of the flesh, and instead call it "immoral behavior" as if their minds are absent of these desires.
    We all have the battle going on in the mind, and being drunk highly increases the likelihood of carrying out these desires, that would never unfold when sober.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 13:27
    We were discussing intoxication and desires of the flesh, not a mere drink or two.
    The dilemma here is that most deny having desires of the flesh, and instead call it "immoral behavior" as if their minds are absent of these desires.
    We all have the battle going on in the mind, and being drunk highly increases the likelihood of carrying out these desires, that would never unfold when sober.
    For some people, yes. If you are one of these people then you should take responsibility and not drink.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 13:35
    If you can't handle alcohol and behave in an immoral way when you're drunk, don't drink.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 13:381 edit
    Perhaps you should stay sober then. There is no "battle going on in my mind" when I am drunk. If you think there is a battle going on in your mind when you drink and you pose some sort of danger to others as a result, you should stay sober.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 13:51
    How has this circumstance come to be the norm? Perhaps you could host Christmas at yours and instruct everyone to be sober and somber?
    Location really. (And a bigger house).

She also enjoys cooking. 🙂
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Aug '18 13:56
    The morality of a well-adjusted adult doesn't disintegrate under the influence of alcohol. If sobriety alone is keeping someone decent (or religion for that matter) then the person's morality is itself suspect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree