9am is too early.

9am is too early.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I'm a 'mean-spiritied blowhard' you say?
Yes, I do.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I think that SecondSon is sincere and what you see is what you get (and what you read is what he thinks). You really believe you come across as more genuine than he is?
No, I dont see myself as more genuine per se. I see ones like him as symptomatic of a whole society that seeks to label the enemy without trying to understand them. Second son either derails the logic of any given point to suit his agenda or belittles his opponents because they dont agree. (Those with a short attention span will no doubt say the same of me. ) . The lines of arguement in this thread are a perfect example: Clearly Jesus did not care whether people were drunk all that much, but people like Second Son,(perhaps parroting some pastor) , feel the need to uphold OTHER PEOPLE'S ideas rather than thinking for himself. I mean who cares if someone else is drunk? Or swears for hat matter? Are these things as worse as other transgressions such as lying, stealing,covetting, worshipping idols,etc, etc, ? No. Of course they're not. But Second Son will defend his position ad nauseum, without any recourse to reason or common sense, just to save his ego. What a jib!

F

Moves
12 Aug 18

...those who consistently take me out of context, who refuese to see the spirit of my posts I have utter disdain for. If I swear at someone it is based on all of their posts, not just the last one.
The spirit of your posts used to be admirable and refreshing. The spirit of too many of your posts now is just plain ugly. I hope the changes in your real life have been different - and more for-the-better, and more towards a healthier spirit - from the changes I have seen here.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 18

Yes, I do.
Thank you 🙂

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
12 Aug 18

To tell you the truth, old forum comrade, I had trouble telling who was who up until last year. Since my change I found it very easy to decipher the people here. I'm a 'mean-spiritied blowhard' you say? Well fair enough-to an extent. . Nearly everyone has pissed me off to some degree,(2 or 3 notable exceptions), but those who consistently take me ou ...[text shortened]... r disdain for. If I swear at someone it is based on all of their posts, not just the last one.
"If I swear at someone it is based on all of their posts,.."

That's called blame shifting. YOU are responsible for your own words and conduct.

But karoly, please understand this. I'm not really offended at all. I know you are only trying to do your best. This is a tough world, and I grew up on some mean streets. I was intentionally pushing your buttons. I apologize for setting you off.

Don't expect me not to do it again. 😉

F

Moves
12 Aug 18

No, I dont see myself as more genuine [than SecondSon] per se.
So do you see yourself as just as "fake" as you say he is?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Where've you been? Everybody knows getting drunk impairs judgment and causes people to do very unethical and immoral things.
Only bad people do unethical and immoral things. The drink just brings it out of them.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
12 Aug 18

Sounds terrible.
You must live in a sheltered world.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 18

The spirit of your posts used to be admirable and refreshing. The spirit of too many of your posts now is just plain ugly. I hope the changes in your real life have been different - and more for-the-better, and more towards a healthier spirit - from the changes I have seen here.
Sorry to dissappoint. I am who I am . I just had a birthday...44. The last year was easily the best of my life. So in light of that , I'm not about to go back on the decisions I've made. Throw whatever you want at me, inlcuding deatrh, I really dont care. I DO however care for the souls that wish to free themselves.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
12 Aug 18

If you want to talk about "sin", talk to people who believe in supernatural lawgivers. Do you agree with me that drunk driving is immoral in so far as it 'irresponsibly poses serious danger to others'? If you do ~ which surely you do, right? ~ what is "politically correct" about our stance?
I think I answered that on page 13, sixth post from the bottom.

F

Moves
12 Aug 18

You must live in a sheltered world.
What you described would be terrible in any 'world'.

F

Moves
12 Aug 18

I think I answered that on page 13, sixth post from the bottom.
I've looked. No, you didn't. What is "politically correct" or "politically incorrect" about opposing drink-driving? What is the "political correctness" angle of believing that drink driving should be against the law?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 18

[b]"If I swear at someone it is based on all of their posts,.."

That's called blame shifting. YOU are responsible for your own words and conduct.

But karoly, please understand this. I'm not really offended at all. I know you are only trying to do your best. This is a tough world, and I grew up on some mean streets. I was intentionally pushing your buttons. I apologize for setting you off.

Don't expect me not to do it again. 😉[/b]
I didn;t grow up on the mean streets. Swearing is not blame shifting-its swearing. And I take full responsibility for my words and conduct at all times. . . . . Now if you would just try to comprehend one of my posts.... btw you didn't set me off. What I said is what I meant and I would say it again. You've been duped to believe you are right and others are wrong without even listening to what they have to say. You make divisions in your life and they come back on you so you blame the other. A never ending cycle.

F

Moves
12 Aug 18

de. Throw whatever you want at me, inlcuding deatrh, I really dont care.
What's "deatrh"?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 18

So do you see yourself as just as "fake" as you say he is?
I see myself as 'open' , whereas I see the likes of Second Son as 'closed'