1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So do I have to join or not?
    No joining allowed. All are welcome so come and try for yourself...
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:072 edits
    Was that a [b]yes I do have to join the JW's, or a no I don't?[/b]
    that was the Bibles vewpoint, who go to heaven and why.

If you need to ask a Jehovahs witness whether joining their organisation in order to go to heaven is a prerequisite, then i can assure you, you are not going to heaven, for quite clearly Gods Spirit has not revealed to you that you are indeed going to heaven, otherwise, you would not be asking.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No joining allowed. All are welcome so come and try for yourself...
    You probably think you look cleaver with all this avoidance, but I assure you it only looks that way to you.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:092 edits
    You probably think you look cleaver with all this avoidance, but I assure you it only looks that way to you.
    yes but you are not him and he is not you, its spelt clever.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that was the Bibles vewpoint, who go to heaven and why.

If you need to ask a Jehovahs witness whether joining their organisation in order to heaven is a prerequisite, then i can assure you, you are not going to heaven, for quite clearly Gods Spirit has not revealed to you that you are indeed going to heaven, otherwise, you would not be asking.
    Good grief robbie, it's an academic question and you know it.

Let me put another way: is it at all possible for me to get to heaven without becoming a JW?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:13

Let me put another way: is it at all possible for me to get to heaven without becoming a JW?
    To the JW going to heaven and eternal life on Earth are two different things. Are you sure you are asking the right questions?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    To the JW going to heaven and eternal life on Earth are two different things. Are you sure you are asking the right questions?
    I want to know if I have to be a JW in order to experience either of those two?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:18

there are so many factors to think about, for example, are we agreed that at least some of the apostles went to heaven? well there is no record of anyone of them ever having taken a Christian baptism, yet we acknowledge that in all likelihood they did and that as far as we can tell, may have gone to heaven, thus to answer your question, of course 'its possible', all things are possible.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I guess they are not accustomed to such questions when going house to house.
    How would you know? Do you go house to house to see what we discuss and what we are asked? Do you have any idea what Jesus and his diciples we're asked when they went door to door?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:21
    there are so many factors to think about, for example, are we agreed that at least some of the apostles went to heaven? well there is no record of anyone of them ever having taken a Christian baptism, yet we acknowledge that in all likelihood they did and that as far as we can tell, may have gone to heaven, thus to answer your question, of course 'its possible', all things are possible.
    How many times have we explained that to them? Is it really that hard to take our answer? Must be...
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:21
    How would you know? Do you go house to house to see what we discuss and what we are asked? Do you have any idea what Jesus and his diciples we're asked when they went door to door?
    i have never been asked it now and i am on my sixteenth year, six of which were spent in full time service. have you ever been asked it?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:22
    No cleaverness here. Just being honest.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:24
    i have never been asked it now and i am on my sixteenth year, six of which were spent in full time service. have you ever been asked it?
    Not once. But it is a good question. That's not the problem though. They are just unwilling to hear the answer. So I'm confused as why the insist on asking it if they want no answer.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:24
    How many times have we explained that to them? Is it really that hard to take our answer? Must be...
    i think the problem is that perhaps divegeester somehow attributes salvation to heaven and he is trying to assign that value to us, when as Raj pointed out, to us they are different. I used to think it was a silly question, but now i think its quite good. where is the passage where the angel passes through the city and marks persons for salvation? you know the one with the inkhorn?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 23:26
    Well, I guess after nearly 250 posts that's as close to an honest yes or no answer as I'm going to get.

Do I need to join the JWs to go to heaven? A = possibly not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree