A Christian

A Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Then do Christ a favor and stop pretending to be a Christian.
You are judging me by who's standard's...yours? I obey the Lord Jesus Christ as best I can, even though not always successfully. I still have much to learn. But your accusations are based on what?

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

More latter day additions.

Christ tells you His message ,, Paul's and the Roman church father's add on's mean nothing
So...are you saying you believe the gospels but not the rest of the bible?
The whole subject of the bible is Jesus Christ. Genesis 3:15 he is promised. Then the New Test. is Chirst working in the spirit.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 05
2 edits

Originally posted by checkbaitor
You are judging me by who's standard's...yours? I obey the Lord Jesus Christ as best I can, even though not always successfully. I still have much to learn. But your accusations are based on what?
then read what Christ says ,,, you dont need Paul or anybody else to deliver His message. Unless you, like they, are saying Christ was was incapable of conveying it without editorial help from the outside.

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

then read what Christ says ,,, you dont need Paul or anybody else to deliver His message. Unless you, like they, are saying Christ was was incapable of conveying it without editorial help from the outside.
Ok...frogstomp....
What is Jesus saying here?
Luke 24:49
49 "Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."
(NKJ)

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 05

Ok...frogstomp....
What is Jesus saying here?
Luke 24:49
49 "Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."
(NKJ)
What precisely does that have to do with Paul?

c

Moves
19 Aug 05

What precisely does that have to do with Paul?
Acts 1:4-10
4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;
5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"
7 And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.
8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
(NKJ)

If these men were empowered by Jesus's promise of holy spirit and they worked miracles, etc., and they were in close communion with Jesus and they called Paul "brother", then the rest is history. Paul was a vessel chosen of Jesus himself!

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Aug 05

Acts 1:4-10
4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;
5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
6 Therefore, when they had come together, they as ...[text shortened]... ey called Paul "brother", then the rest is history. Paul was a vessel chosen of Jesus himself!
So said Paul and Barnabas

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
I curious about how you evaluate Christians on this site. Who are some people on the site that you would say are Christians and who are some that you do not think are Christians?
I am not in a position to say who is a Christian and who is not. I was just wondering how people that call themselves "Christians" feel about the Bible as God's inspired and infallible word.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
I am not in a position to say who is a Christian and who is not. I was just wondering how people that call themselves "Christians" feel about the Bible as God's inspired and infallible word.
What do you think about Deuteronomy & Leviticus--how relevant are most of those laws to your life as a Christian today? Would it make any difference if the verses about slavery, for instance, were struck out? Or are they kept in just in case slavery makes a comeback?

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
What do you think about Deuteronomy & Leviticus--how relevant are most of those laws to your life as a Christian today? Would it make any difference if the verses about slavery, for instance, were struck out? Or are they kept in just in case slavery makes a comeback?
Christ said that He did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. With regard to slavery I strongly believe in it. The difference now is that we are not slaves of man anymore but slaves of Christ.

I believe that you are either a slave of Christ or a slave of sin. In the same way, you are either a slave of a toothbrush or a slave of tooth decay.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Aug 05

Christ said that He did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. With regard to slavery I strongly believe in it. The difference now is that we are not slaves of man anymore but slaves of Christ.

I believe that you are either a slave of Christ or a slave of sin. In the same way, you are either a slave of a toothbrush or a slave of tooth decay.
I hear ya, I hear ya. I still don't see how the legal technicalities of the slave trade as practised in Levitican times are relevant to the "slaves of Christ". Unless you plan to start selling each other off?

Moves
19 Aug 05

I hear ya, I hear ya. I still don't see how the legal technicalities of the slave trade as practised in Levitican times are relevant to the "slaves of Christ". Unless you plan to start selling each other off?
I have to add that the Bible should be taken in context. (If you know what I mean.)

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Aug 05

I have to add that the Bible should be taken in context. (If you know what I mean.)
The Bible, I take it, is a practical guide to conduct, morality & spirituality. Feel free to add to that description.

If parts of it are out of context--laws dealing with practices that are now defunct--why bother keeping them? Except for the historical interest, of course--but reading Leviticus is about as interesting as reading Roman law (very, very dry).

Moves
19 Aug 05

The Bible, I take it, is a practical guide to conduct, morality & spirituality. Feel free to add to that description.

If parts of it are out of context--laws dealing with practices that are now defunct--why bother keeping them? Except for the historical interest, of course--but reading Leviticus is about as interesting as reading Roman law (very, very dry).
So what do you think doesn't make the entire Bible to be inspired by the Holy Spirit of God?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Aug 05

So what do you think doesn't make the entire Bible to be inspired by the Holy Spirit of God?
You're excellent at answering questions with questions, but not so good at giving answers.

How are ancient Jewish laws on slavery applicable in the context of your life today? Answer my question & I'll answer yours.