1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 13:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This, too, is vanity.
    So?
    I'm a bit vain, everyone has their good and bad sides.
    My concience is pure and I have absolutely no fear about any Christian stuff.
    It's just bugging me, as it did Taoman who made his own efforts to put a positive spin on it, as I think I have tried to.

I certainly don't ever want to come off as being negative as that would not be me or my way.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 13:28
    A non Christian telling us how he thinks a Christian should act.

And you call this positive? Would you accept us telling you how we think you should act? How would you view such a thing? Positively? No, probably not.

Whatever happened to 'live and let live' (which I believe was meant to be the main idea of your OP)?
    So you can get into the spirit of my op yet you only mention it in brackets at the end while you give us your 20/20 hindsight on my amateur spiel.

You know quite well what I meant in my op. The fellow, after some time announced he was Christian, whereupon I announced I was spiritually minded and my friend said nothing but listened. I was so pleasantly surprised of what a fine chat we had and what an all round good vibe was enjoyed by all for the rest of our encounter.
    Any other time a Christian announces their faith the subsequent chats always have that niggly Jesus thing at the back of the Mind and there never really is much learning from either party
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 13:321 edit
    Is this how you face things in life that you might fear?

You just decide they're not real?

Doesn't sound like a formula for long-term success, but that's just my opinion.
    There is no hell. I know. i dont need anybody else to tell me. And even if there was, I wouldn't fear it one iota. All of creation is to be loved.
  4. Joined
    01 Jan '12
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 22:095 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, I'm putting forward the idea that religious people who don't push you towards their religion are much more nicer people all other things being equal.
    I find this more interesting than the done to death hell brimstone stuff that I hear so often - as if they were like robots.
    Yes, I'm putting forward the idea So you admit its nothing more than an idea.
    And of what benefit will your idea ever be for the whole entire history of man kind? the answer is simple, your theory has absolutely no benefit.

that religious people who don't push you towards their religion are much more nicer people There you go again playing judge, you keep ignoring the fact that when you started this post you were pushing your own religious idea on other people. so are you admitting your not nice for doing so?

I find this more interesting than the done to death hell brimstone stuff that I hear so often Sounds very much like this is your fear of hell, so that's why you dis-approve of it.

as if they were like robots.So you agree people should be dysfunctional, ignoring the true meaning of words, while crime and chaos is behind your idea to how mankind should live?
    And finally being obedient doesn't make you robotic.

In the original post you wrote this: straight away I told him that while I believe JC was a real person with excellent messages for humanity So you say Jesus had an excellent message but you actually disagree with him. Because Jesus taught hell and you disagree with it.
    So can you still not see that the problem here is not other people, or Christianity, but you.
    That is where the problem starts.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 00:59
    Of course it's not random. You really don't get it, do you?

Maybe that's what you call it, so that you can put it down like a bad joke.

I am a Christian. I believe in the God of the Bible, the God of Abraham. I believe that God so loved the world that He sent His Son to take on the sins of the world and to be sacrificed so that we might have ...[text shortened]... not 'random' at all. That you call it so merely demonstrates your misunderstanding of it.
    So you don't want any of these things you stated you believe in to be facts, because then you would not have to believe in them. Seems like a weird point of view, but I guess it is okay, as long as you believe.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 22:181 edit
    Originally posted by GoodKnight2U
    [b]Yes, I'm putting forward the idea So you admit its nothing more than an idea.
    And of what benefit will your idea ever be for the whole entire history of man kind? the answer is simple, your theory has absolutely no benefit.

that religious people who don't push you towards their religion are much more nicer people There you go again p blem here is not other people, or Christianity, but you.
    That is where the problem starts.[/b]
    Well that's a real twisted version of of my very positive and uplifting encounter.

Let me remind you that our world was built on ideas and not wooshed into existence by some meglamanical supernatural entity. The power of ideas have endured and shaped the world and continue to do so. I went to a night club the other night and I can tell you those young people are in need of some positive, life-changing ideas, not some warning about hell, which is non-existent and serves no purpose anyway. Purgatory. But not hell for eternity. a loving "God" wouldn't torture anyone for eternity. Anyway if someone does end up in a hellish planet doing purgatory, it is purely by their own doing , there is no god-being sending them there.

What benefit will my idea have for humanity? Well since you have answered my question , you have shown that there is really no need for me to, despite me thinking that their is much merit in a world where people of different faiths (or non faiths) can get along.

What religious ideas am I pushing? Huh? My op was an observation and reflection of a positive encounter with a Christian, which I wanted to share.
    I am hardly going on about Krsna or Shiva or karma or any other religious ideas. Your interpetation is really weak here, but if you insist that my op was me pushing my religious ideas on others then so be it - I won't be losing any sleep over that one.

Again, I have been to the other side and I am happy to inform you that there is no hell. Can't be scared of that which doesn't exist, however it seems that some negative force has put you into a state of fear of the non-existent.
    "Dis-approve of it" LOL... that comment misses the mark by so much that it nearly hits the the backside of that idea...hihihi 🙂

so if people aren't acting like robots then they are dysfunctional?
    Again that is so twisted. Do you really find it that hard to imagine a society where people are autonomous , free thinking and living in harmony with nature and their fellow man?
    "ignoring the true meaning of words" - you mean having a different interpretation of biblical words? A little reminder - there are 40 000 denominations of Christianity, so it seems as if there is no agreement between Christians either.
    And could you please point out where I said that crime and chaos is how mankind should live? If that's not putting words into my mouth, I don't know what is. Your apology is accepted in advance.

I'm obedient to my dharma. (that's like "life,truth path" ) It reflects the nature of the universe and mankind which is paradoxical.
    For example look at people. We are all the same in a way and yet we are all unique by nature at the same time.

The diversity of human thought is integral if we are to keep discovering more about our universe. Repeating words from an old book will yield the same results as it has done since it's inception.

And you know, I do have my own version of Revelations (from the bible), but I am pretty sure that you will dismiss my take on it.
  7. Joined
    01 Jan '12
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 01:224 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Well that's a real twisted version of of my very positive and uplifting encounter.

Let me remind you that our world was built on ideas and not wooshed into existence by some meglamanical supernatural entity. The power of ideas have endured and shaped the world and continue to do so. I went to a night club the other night and I can tell you those youn s (from the bible), but I am pretty sure that you will dismiss my take on it.
    Well that's a real twisted version of my very positive and uplifting encounter. Well, No its not, all I did was copy and paste your very own words, asking questions of what you wrote, this previous post looked like you were writing a novel so I shall write one back to you?
    Now, satan doesn't want you to know the actual truth so promise me you will pay attention and read the scriptures below thoroughly without bias, finding more reason to dispute and argue is not going to accomplish anything for you.

I'm putting forward the idea that religious people who don't push you towards their religion are much more nicer people your lack of acceptance of the message Jesus gave the world has become your religious view.
    As for myself I believe in God and don't care for worldly religion, there is only one God and you can either accept or be religious and get nowhere.

What religious ideas am I pushing? Huh? My op was an observation and reflection of a positive encounter with a Christian go back and read your initial post, you make a clear statement about Christianity and your thoughts of how Christians should act according to you, rather than you making the changes in your own thinking to understand the real meaning of Jesus's teaching. here is your example As I left, I wondered why more Christians couldn't be like this fine young man. as if its up to you to make such a judgement on what a Christian should or shouldn't say to you.
    and also this:
    Then it was his turn and he told us he was a Christian. Straight away I told him that while I believe JC was a real person with excellent messages for humanity, I did not believe his way was the only way: You don't believe period, as you haven't come to the place in your thinking to want to believe.
    and that I would never become a Christian. that is your message and those were your words.
    Anyway, we got onto spirituality and I gave him a quick spiel about my telepathic encounters and other various wild spiritual encounters. that is how you explained yourself alluding towards your beliefs: Lets take a look at the dictionary meaning of the word WILD...
    1. living in a state of nature; not tamed or domesticated: a wild animal; wild geese.
    2. growing or produced without cultivation or the care of humans, as plants, flowers, fruit, or honey: wild cherries.
    3. uncultivated, uninhabited, or waste: wild country.
    4. uncivilized or barbarous: wild tribes.
    5. of unrestrained violence, fury, intensity, etc.; violent; furious: wild strife; wild storms.

not some warning about hell, which is non-existent and serves no purpose anyway. Purgatory. But not hell for eternity.that's only your opinion...Hell was meant for satan not people, take some time to read the Bible for yourself, but don't just interpret it to suite what you want to believe either, liars change the meaning of words. (the Bible is Gods word to man), it tells us satan is the evil spirit already in the world when God created man. satan is a liar, and a murderer he is corrupt, He deceived the very first people resulting in sin, the first man and woman fell to sin therefore the entire creation is subject to sin.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    (see no one's pushing you at all, the choice is yours to accept or not, does take some effort on your part though to go from unbelief to believing, but God loves you and he wants you to come to Heaven)

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Luke 12:8 "I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 16:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you don't want any of these things you stated you believe in to be facts, because then you would not have to believe in them. Seems like a weird point of view, but I guess it is okay, as long as you believe.
    Ron, you can be a real blockhead sometimes.

I consider those things I believe in to be facts, but I cannot *prove* them as facts to anyone. In fact, I believe they are facts, yes, but ironclad proof of them has not been deposited on my doorstep, and so I must continue to call them 'beliefs'.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 21:451 edit
    Originally posted by GoodKnight2U
    [b]Well that's a real twisted version of my very positive and uplifting encounter. Well, No its not, all I did was copy and paste your very own words, asking questions of what you wrote, this previous post looked like you were writing a novel so I shall write one back to you?
    Now, satan doesn't want you to know the actual truth so promise me you w me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.[/b]
    Well I'm pretty satisfied now and can see no reason to continue here.

Despite what you think I think, I know what I think and I also know that I'm not about to change what I think unless evidence comes along to support a change in my thinking.
    And the bible is but an old book that people can't agree upon, so I'm certainly not going to go through that borefest again, but you never know.
    But again, even if I do re-read the bible it's not going to change anything.
    I am a happy individual who likes to discuss spirituality as long as it stays with a positive vibe. Then again I'm just as happy to discuss music or art or the new Grand Theft Auto game. It's all good. It's all God. Every piece of creation 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree