1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 13:39
    From whence comes humanity's universal moral sense?

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?

How did 35-40 men, spanning 1500 years and living on three separate continents, ever manage to author one unified message, i.e. the Bible?

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 13:43
    Like you'd ever use the word 'whence'! I've said this before and I'll say it again:

😴 Blah 😴 blah 😴 blah 😴 POST 😴 SOMETHING 😴 ORIGINAL 😴 YOU 😴 CAN 😴 ACTUALLY 😴 UNDERSTAND! 😴

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aiia/questions-for-skeptics.html
  3. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 13:53
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Like you'd ever use the word 'whence'! I've said this before and I'll say it again:

😴 Blah 😴 blah 😴 blah 😴 POST 😴 SOMETHING 😴 ORIGINAL 😴 YOU 😴 CAN 😴 ACTUALLY 😴 UNDERSTAND! 😴

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aiia/questions-for-skeptics.html
    seconded
  4. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 15:22
    Originally posted by Alcra
    seconded
    third-ed
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 15:44
    Wow, that's a nice tactic. Putting smiley faces and caps when you can't answer the questions.

We should take note of that, Brothers. When atheists ask a difficult question, just do a smiley face or two and I'll rec you.
  6. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 15:47
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Wow, that's a nice tactic. Putting smiley faces and caps when you can't answer the questions.

We should take note of that, Brothers. When atheists ask a difficult question, just do a smiley face or two and I'll rec you.
    Fair enough. I think the reason all of react this way though is because it seems to be dj2becker's method to paste constantly without thought. If he does feel the way his posts reflects, is he unable to articulate it?

As much as I disagree with your beliefs, at least you seem to be speaking your mind which I do respect. I think dj2becker should just speak from what he believes as oppose to what he finds on the internet.
  7. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 15:57
    Originally posted by dj2becker

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully docum ...[text shortened]... that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?

Dunno. That's why I'm agnostic.

My family, friends, and other individuals in my life who have directly influenced me. Only a small number of these claim to be Christian.

Ummm I have not experienced this myself because I think many people lives have changed for various reasons (some religious conversion, tragedy, could be anything). While I won't argue that Christianity has made some folks lives better, I think there are a great many things outside of Christianity that have also enhanced a person's life.

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?

Nothing because I don't believe them.

How did 35-40 men, spanning 1500 years and living on three separate continents, ever manage to author one unified message, i.e. the Bible?

Well that is what is believed to have happened. While I cannot disprove it, I personally don't believe this to be the case.

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?

By whom? Again I think that is a matter of opinion but I cannot also, nor am I trying to, disprove it.

8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 16:061 edit

I have said many times before, that I am absolutely willing to discuss with dj2becker anything he wants to, if only he would post something that was not plagarized. If you stopped being churlish and took the view that perhaps this has nothing to do with whether I am an atheist or he is a christian, and instead everything to do with the fact that dj2becker never posts his own thoughts, you might realise that I was not after recs at all. This forum is for debate, not a posterboard for other peoples work to be plagarized and posted here.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 17:15
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Fair enough. I think the reason all of react this way though is because it seems to be dj2becker's method to paste constantly without thought. If he does feel the way his posts reflects, is he unable to articulate it?
    Mr. Becker should at least cite where he copied the material from. It may not be a biblical sin, but plaigairism is still a serious offence.

I think if Mr. Becker wanted to debate his personal opinions and views, he would not need to copy and paste selections from Billy Graham's or from Kirk Cameron's website in order to do so.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 17:16

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord. May He come soon and take us home. We don't belong here on earth. We belong in Heaven with Jesus. Amen. And Amen.

PS: That's two Amens for you. They are currently trading at 300 Amens to the Rec.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 17:20
    Originally posted by telerion
    Hallelujah! Praise the Lord. May He come soon and take us home. We don't belong here on earth. We belong in Heaven with Jesus. Amen. And Amen.

PS: That's two Amens for you. They are currently trading at 300 Amens to the Rec.
    300 to 1??? I've never even seen the peso that low!
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 17:20

Who do you consider to be some of your Brothers here?

RBHILL?
    pcaspian?
    dj?
    DoctorScribbles?
    kirksey?
    KellyJay?
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 17:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    300 to 1??? I've never even seen the peso that low!
    Yeah, well the Bolivar (Venezuela) is at 2148.30 to 1, so the HTT has something to shoot for.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 17:25
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Who do you consider to be some of your Brothers here?

RBHILL?
    pcaspian?
    dj?
    DoctorScribbles?
    kirksey?
    KellyJay?
    Yes, do tell Dar. Who's going to heaven and who is deceived by Loki, . . . I mean Satan?
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 18:08
    My brothers are those who believe Jesus Christ is their sovereign Lord and became their Savior when He took on their sins on the cross, died, and rose again literally after 3 days.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree