1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:30
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Let he without sin cast the first stone. And that was Jesus' way of telling people to STFU.
    😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:38
    That reminds me, did anybody ever cast the First Stone here?
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:55
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    That reminds me, did anybody ever cast the First Stone here?
    Yea, but he didn't own up to it.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 00:58
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Well I would also like to know how we establish that we are indeed moral beings if we dont always do the right thing. Why do moral beings not tend to do the right thing? Why do we see the opposite occuring in the world today? As I see it the human race is corrupted to the core. Why are murder, rape, fornication and violence the products produced by moral beings?
    I think that establishing that we our moral beings is the easy part. Example if I go and murder another person I think everyone here would agree that murder is wrong. I think that why we don't always do what is right is the real or better question. I think that at least for me Christianity best explains this. Menace71 (manny)
  5. redbridge/southamptn
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 17:03
    pls answer this contradiction if u wil? how cums the 10 comandments @ least 8 of them have been broken by god &/or alowed 2 via man such as
    U MUST NOT COMIT ADULTERY(wat god has put 2gether let no 1 pul apart)
    yet king david did not get away with it (nor his unborn child)yet abraham did.
    U MUST HONOUR/B OBEDIENT 2 UR FOLKS
    U MUST NOT LIE
    U MUST LOVE UR FELLOW MAN
    yet jacob broke al the above 3 when he got wat god wanted him 2 have the birthrite 2 the lord

U MUST NOT KIL
    yet many hebrews of gods people did just that & so did the so caled loving god when alowing king herod 2 kil al males under 2 & 4 wat purpose just 2 prevent jesus from being kiled yet he was wel away sum 100's of miles away in egpyt yet god stil alowed herod 2 deprive al those parents of their loved ones

how do u plan 2 get out of those contradictionS that god is al loving & the very esence of love/goodnes/justice (& NO variation of his shadow)
    07859344451/02380909557/sj-ewj5@hotmail.co.uk
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 17:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '05 02:45
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    From whence comes humanity's universal moral sense?

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully docum ...[text shortened]... that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?
    i don't necessarily consider myself an unbeliever, but regardless i see no need why these questions should be targeted to only said audience.

From whence comes humanity's universal moral sense?

i assume here (based on what i presume to be your intentions for starting this thread) that you are refering to some ability of humans to innately know good from evil. and i would further presume that you would endorse definitions of 'good' and 'evil' as being determined by the bible. but i would argue that some of the actions that the bible says are sins are not obvious to me -- for example, jesus states that it is a sin to lust after a married woman despite the fact that you do not act on such lust. i frankly find that ridiculous and don't consider such lusting to be morally irresponsible. i do think that most humans have a sense of right and wrong, but i could forsee arguments for thinking that this is learned over time. i would argue that babies and young kids do not have a sense of moral responsibility until they become cognizant of the implications of their actions -- perhaps it is this learning process that instills a sense of right and wrong. i don't see why the existence of god would be a necessary condition for this process to take place.

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

i don't understand the premise of this question. i don't see why the existence of god is a necessary condition for molecular order. given the second law of thermodynamics, i also don't see why the existence of god would be a sufficient condition either, on a long enough time scale.

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

people can believe anything strongly, and strong beliefs in turn can change the course of action. if a person adopts any radical change in belief, then it is natural to think his life may change radically. i guess i don't see what you are driving at here.

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?

i am not sure what books you are referring to, and therefore, i cannot attest to how 'scholarly' or 'careful'(ly) they are. in the end, though, they are just more books -- so what further books carefully document the reliability of these books? also list the books which further document those books. repeat cycle.

How did 35-40 men, spanning 1500 years and living on three separate continents, ever manage to author one unified message, i.e. the Bible?

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?

it's remarkable how each question gets more and more loaded, not to mention arrogant. i find this thread-starting post to be most insincere. if you want to state your opinions and open the floor for debate on them, then just use declarative sentences. Using loaded questions is ineffective, since you are implicitly demonstrating disdain and close-mindedness for any dissenting opinion before i even formulate one. also, you could present some background and evidence for your claims so that i even know what you are referring to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree