1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 19:251 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I have said many times before, that I am absolutely willing to discuss with dj2becker anything he wants to, if only he would post something that was not plagarized. If you stopped being churlish and took the view that perhaps this has not ...[text shortened]... sterboard for other peoples work to be plagarized and posted here.
    Do you not think that questions which are frequently asked can be repeated in the same manner? My apologies... but as far as I know there is no copyright on the questions that I asked. Please correct me if I'm wrong...I will however agree to use these questions only as a from of starting conversation. As you may or may not be aware, I'm am pretty much capable of posting origional thought and I will agree to do so from hence forth...🙂

2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 19:26
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Do you not think that questions which are frequently asked can be repeated in the same manner? My apologies... but as far as I know there is no copyright on the questions that I asked. Please correct me if I'm wrong...I will however agree to use these questions only as a from of starting conversation. As you may or may not be aware, I'm am pretty much capable of posting origional thought and I will agree to do so from hence forth...:-)

FYI... Most website material is almost always copyrighted.
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 19:29
    Do you not think that questions which are frequently asked can be repeated in the same manner? My apologies... but as far as I know there is no copyright on the questions that I asked. Please correct me if I'm wrong...I will however agree to use these questions only as a from of starting conversation. As you may or may not be aware, I'm am pretty much capable of posting origional thought and I will agree to do so from hence forth...🙂

I'm am pretty much capable of posting origional thought and I will agree to do so from hence forth...🙂

Praise God! It's a miracle.

One confusing bit. What do you mean when you say that you're "pretty much capable"? Does this mean that you still lack a few skills necessary to be completely comfortable with posting an original thought?

Anyway, I'm glad to see God changed your heart on this.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 19:35
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b] I'm am pretty much capable of posting origional thought and I will agree to do so from hence forth...🙂

One confusing bit. What do you mean when you say that you're "pretty much capable"? Does this mean that you still lack a few skills necessary to be completely comfortable with posting an original thought?

Anyway, I'm glad to see God changed your heart on this.[/b]

Kletsmeier.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 19:352 edits
    Originally posted by telerion

I'm happy to see that you still have some form of faith left in you...🙂
  6. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 19:47

But you keep basically cutting & pasting (or asking) the same questions over and over and over again? At this point, it's rather uninteresting. You put up these supposed rhetorical questions that I'm guessing you hope will have some sort of "shed new light" effect?

‘How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?’

Why is this an important question to you to ask? What answer are you looking for that will satisfy you? What answer do you think the agnostic/atheist will give you? Will this confirm or weaken your belief? Do you think it will strengthen or weaken theirs? What do you hope to gain by asking this question? I think that’s why you are constantly belittled for your pasting because none of these seem to be any original thoughts from you.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 19:49
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    [b]From whence comes humanity's universal moral sense?

Dunno. That's why I'm agnostic.

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

My family, friends, and other individuals in my life who have directly influenced me. Only a small number of these claim to ...[text shortened]... I think that is a matter of opinion but I cannot also, nor am I trying to, disprove it.

[/b]

Dunno. That's why I'm agnostic.

Are you not at all interested in wanting to know about any possibility?

My family, friends, and other individuals in my life who have directly influenced me. Only a small number of these claim to be Christian.

If your family, friends, and other individuals in your life are nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, do you know why they still motivate you to care and to live honorably in the world?

I think there are a great many things outside of Christianity that have also enhanced a person's life.

Would you care to mention a few?

Nothing because I don't believe them.

Is there a reason why you don't believe them?

8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 20:01
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    But you keep basically cutting & pasting (or asking) the same questions over and over and over again? At this point, it's rather uninteresting. You put up these supposed rhetorical questions that I'm guessing you hope will have some sort of "shed new light" effect?

‘How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down ...[text shortened]... ntly belittled for your pasting because none of these seem to be any original thoughts from you.
    ‘How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many christian believers down through history?’

Why is this an important question to you to ask?

I think it is important to ask this question to a person who does not believe in the existance of God. What would you account to be the driving force behind such occurances? It would be interesting to hear what you have to say about it... Personally, I can't think of anything else that can change an 'atheist' into a 'Bible believing Christian' other than a living God. Such occurances have happened in abundance.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 20:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    FYI... Most website material is almost always copyrighted.
    So if I write down a few frequently asked questions, do I have to go and check up on all the websites to see if they are there. If they are in fact on a few websites do I then have to list each and every website that contains the questions? 🙂
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 20:24
    I want to just say that though I struggle with my faith I do believe that Christ came to pay for my sins. I look at the argument for Christianity on a personal level and how it has changed my life for the better for the most part. I would be the first to admit I'm a sinner (hypocrite) just from personal experience.I want to understand why we(I) have a sense of morality if we are just by products of randomness. I'm currently reading C.S. lewis mere Christianity and the first chapters deal with the moral question. I find the question of why does man have some sense of morality(though not always right)if we are just products of randomness?? If we are just products of randomness then why have any morality?? I could kill, rape, plunder or whatever and who could judge that I was wrong?? Anyway sorry for my grammar and I enjoy reading everyones post here at RHP menace71(Manny)
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 20:34
    Originally posted by menace71
    I want to just say that though I struggle with my faith I do believe that Christ came to pay for my sins. I look at the argument for Christianity on a personal level and how it has changed my life for the better for the most part. I would be the first to admit I'm a sinner (hypocrite) just from personal experience.I want to understand why we(I) have a sens ...[text shortened]... Anyway sorry for my grammar and I enjoy reading everyones post here at RHP menace71(Manny)
    I suggest staying focused on God's Word to strengthen your faith, Brother. You can almost hear God Himself speaking to you through it. Pray for Him to strengthen your faith in the name of Jesus. He says whatever we ask for in the name of Jesus shall be given unto us. 🙂

12. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 21:01
    [b] ‘How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many christian believers down through history?’

Why is this an important question to you to ask?

I think it is important to ask this question to a person who does not believe in the existance of God. What would you account to be the driving force behind such occurances? It would be inter ...[text shortened]... believing Christian' other than a living God. Such occurances have happened in abundance. [/b]
    Are you not at all interested in wanting to know about any possibility?

Not really. I think there are many common beliefs out there that describe humanity’s moral sense. But, at this point, it’s really moot. I guess my original answer to this question of being agnostic was inaccurate because now I think it has nothing to do with one’s religion.

If your family, friends, and other individuals in your life are nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, do you know why they still motivate you to care and to live honorably in the world?

Because they care about me & have taken enough interest in my life to make sure I’m on the right path or the path I want to be on. Again, I guess you could argue for Christianity in this circumstance but, as I answered before, only a small handful of them considered themselves Christian. By the way, I never made the claim about mankind just being the random arrangement of molecules you suggested. While I think that is obvious what we are in physical form, I have no definition of what type of form (if any) we are beyond that.

Would you care to mention a few?

Sure: Death of a close family member, Becoming Handicapped, Winning the lottery, Learning you have a terminal illness

Is there a reason why you don't believe them?

While I will admit I have absolutely no interest in doing the research of going through these “scholarly books” I don’t believe there is historical, without any shred of doubt, proof of: The Garden of Eden, Noah’s Ark, The 10 Commandments, The Immaculate Conception, Any of Jesus’s miracles, or the Resurrection. I am talking frontline ABC, worldwide news. These are just a few I can think of.

I think it is important to ask this question to a person who does not believe in the existance of God. What would you account to be the driving force behind such occurances? It would be interesting to hear what you have to say about it... Personally, I can't think of anything else that can change an 'atheist' into a 'Bible believing Christian' other than a living God. Such occurances have happened in abundance.

Well again, I’m not atheist. I’m agnostic which means I never claimed to not believe in God. I just don’t believe in any of the descriptions mankind has ascribed. I don’t know if there is such a thing as a driving force to these or any other occurrences. What was the driving force of many of the horrific events of human history? Is it the same as you believe are the radical changes occurring when ones becomes a Christian? I have often heard it said when bad things happen to good people, it is “God’s will”. Personally, I have a hard time dealing with that answer because it does not make sense. I’m not attempting to offend you or your beliefs but I think you would agree there have been a number of terrifying events that have happened in the cause of Christianity. I also agree there have been many terrifying events not attributed to Christianity that have occurred. The bottom line for me is I don’t think discovering a universal moral sense is a direct connection to the existence of a God.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 21:05
    I would agree with you on being in His word!!! Some of my best experiences were when reading His word. I just ask the question of why have any morality?? Where do we get our sense of morality?? Maybe this question is more for non-Christians but for me personally it is one of the reasons why I do believe in a God. If we are products of evolution then at least to me our morality is in vein. It is like it says in the Bible If Christ did not die on the cross then we Christians are the most to be pitied!!!because our faith would be in vein. menace71 (Manny)
  14. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 21:14
    Originally posted by menace71
    I would agree with you on being in His word!!! Some of my best experiences were when reading His word. I just ask the question of why have any morality?? Where do we get our sense of morality?? Maybe this question is more for non-Christians but for me personally it is one of the reasons why I do believe in a God. If we are products of evolution then at leas ...[text shortened]... hristians are the most to be pitied!!!because our faith would be in vein. menace71 (Manny)
    But can morality not come from any other resource aside from the Christian Bible or God? Does the Buddhist not have morality? Or the Muslim? Or the Atheist? Or myself, the Agnostic?

I do not question that the Bible contains some very sound morality and so does Christianity. I don't think it is accurate to equate morality with Christianity.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 21:21
    yes Morality can come from outside the Bible. I think for me that would be the point of why does man have a sense of morality?? why is man a moral being?? I would veture to say that man is a moral being. menace71 (manny)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree