1. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 17:30
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Well, if you were to admit it had to come from a higher being, we could then prove why it had to be Jesus Christ.
    Well, with all due respect, I don't think that is the case. I think you could present a case using the Bible and some accounts of the historical places that could be considered valid but why couldn't the Hindu validate our existence from Hinduism? Or the Buddhist?

Okay, purely hypothetical for sake of discussion and not necesarily my beliefs, I will say I believe we came from a higher being. If up to it, prove conclusively this is Christ.
  2. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 17:38
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Well, with all due respect, I don't think that is the case. I think you could present a case using the Bible and some accounts of the historical places that could be considered valid but why couldn't the Hindu validate our existence from Hinduism? Or the Buddhist?

Okay, purely hypothetical for sake of discussion and not necesarily my beliefs, I will say I believe we came from a higher being. If up to it, prove conclusively this is Christ.
    If you decide to take this on, let me interject another thought before you do. This might save you some time. I have little doubt you can find some or alot of evidence stating that a man named Jesus Christ did exist and was an influential philosopher and teacher.

I just don't think you could convince me or any of the non-Xians who believe in a higher being that Jesus Christ is the son of God. I'm not attempting to disprove it because I have no conclusive way of doing that either. I'm just afraid any results you will return will resort in a theory.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 18:01
    If you decide to take this on, let me interject another thought before you do. This might save you some time. I have little doubt you can find some or alot of evidence stating that a man named Jesus Christ did exist and was an influential philosopher and teacher.

I just don't think you could convince me or any of the non-Xians who believe in a highe ...[text shortened]... way of doing that either. I'm just afraid any results you will return will resort in a theory.
    As you said, the Big Bang is a theory, is it not? Why is it OK to believe in it and not a Creator for it?
  4. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 18:21
    As you said, the Big Bang is a theory, is it not? Why is it OK to believe in it and not a Creator for it?
    Well again I never claimed its not okay to have a creator for it. I believe I know your answer to this next question but I will ask for rhetorical reasons:

Is it not okay for this Creator to be anyone else except for the Christian God?
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 18:26
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]
    "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

If man is a moral being then where does the lack of morality come from? [/b]
    yes that is a good question at least for me. We can estabilsh that we are moral beings. why do we not always do the right thing?? How do we determine what is right or wrong??
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 18:44
    Well again I never claimed its not okay to have a creator for it. I believe I know your answer to this next question but I will ask for rhetorical reasons:

Is it not okay for this Creator to be anyone else except for the Christian God?
    It's OK, just not logical. I mean, your opinion is your own. But no, the fact is that it is the Christian God.
  7. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 18:48
    It's OK, just not logical. I mean, your opinion is your own. But no, the fact is that it is the Christian God.
    This is where you and I (and I imagine most non-Christians) differ. I've responded to your "Cause for Christ" posts but I ask again to please state your case the you can conclusively prove that the creator of the universe is the Christian God?
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 18:53
    This is where you and I (and I imagine most non-Christians) differ. I've responded to your "Cause for Christ" posts but I ask again to please state your case the you can conclusively prove that the creator of the universe is the Christian God?
    I challenge you to prove ANYTHING conclusively. I can prove logically that it is and I'll do so in the other thread.
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 19:01
    I challenge you to prove ANYTHING conclusively. I can prove logically that it is and I'll do so in the other thread.
    Again, this is where you would win. I have never attempted to prove anything conclusive in the first place. So far, I have argued the points you made in the other thread and I am not currently convinced. I'm not attempting to be sarcastic but I don't think you will be able to convince me. I respect your opinions but I don't agree with them as you don't agree with mine.

I guess this comes down to the burden of proof idea. I don't have a belief in any God that I am attempting to convince anyone of so there is nothing for me to do really.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 19:45
    Originally posted by menace71
    yes that is a good question at least for me. We can estabilsh that we are moral beings. why do we not always do the right thing?? How do we determine what is right or wrong??
    Well I would also like to know how we establish that we are indeed moral beings if we dont always do the right thing. Why do moral beings not tend to do the right thing? Why do we see the opposite occuring in the world today? As I see it the human race is corrupted to the core. Why are murder, rape, fornication and violence the products produced by moral beings?
  11. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 21:30
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Well I would also like to know how we establish that we are indeed moral beings if we dont always do the right thing. Why do moral beings not tend to do the right thing? Why do we see the opposite occuring in the world today? As I see it the human race is corrupted to the core. Why are murder, rape, fornication and violence the products produced by moral beings?
    I think you are asking questions that you have found suitable answers for you in Christianity. If this is not the case, I have no answer either.

I don't see the human race as dismally as you do. I think there are a great deal of horrific events that occur but there is also a great deal of hope & promise. Some find and attribute it to their faith and many others do not.

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in".

Ricky Fitts, American Beauty
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 21:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 21:45
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Here's the thing. I'm a pretty spiritual guy, and I believe in Christ and try to live my life well and all that. But I don't think I'm better than someone who doesn't possess the level of spirituality that I ascribe to myself. You judge whole classes of people based on a book that was written 5,000 years ago, contains stories that condone the mu ...[text shortened]... u know what? Islamic fundamentalists are just as convinced as you are that they're right.
    What do you mean by 'believe in Christ'?

Your answer will likely shed light on why you don't respect the 'book written 5000 years ago containing stories'.
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 21:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:12
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    What I mean is that yes, I accept Jesus Christ as my savior, but I also see that His teachings were peaceful, nonaggressive, and nonjudgmental. And the OT is nothing if not judgmental. I have a fiance and all that, but I really don't think He would have approved of you running around gay-bashing, just as an example, in His name. And no, I don't thi ...[text shortened]... t he without sin cast the first stone. And that was Jesus' way of telling people to STFU.
    Do you believe He is your Lord (completely in charge of your life) and Savior (without His shed blood on the cross, you would and SHOULD be doomed to hell for your sins)?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree