1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 09:51
    Originally posted by @eladar
    This world is only temporary. In the end, the dead are dead. As Jesus said, let the dead bury the dead.
    The World of Lies is temporary, but this does not mean you are free to deflect and to propagate dichotomy.

There have been times where the gentiles were looking at Christians and were saying “They really love one another!” in disbelief, but this assumption were factual. Agape, back then, was a product of a more eloquent interpretation of Scripture than the one taking place today. I feel compassion deep enough to drive me to argue for the sake of the spirit of your Teacher on the basis of the Orthodox Greek Christian mindstream, always keeping in mind that there are differ schools of thought in the Christian tradition.
    I feel compassion because I think the dichotomy you keep up projecting is not of your Teacher, but of your inability to meditate on his teaching.

What is the sect according to which you evaluate the Word the way you do?
    😵
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 11:593 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Of course your god NEVER murders does it? What was that story, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Oh yeah

NOAH.

Would you have just loved to live in a time when the imagination of everyone's mind was only continuously evil all the time ? You think you'd be happy in your godless utopia of anarchy then?

I think you would have kept a gun with you to blow anybody away you needed to.
    Violence ran amok. Murder was rampant. And you think God could not righteously terminate such a society ?

"And Jehovah saw that the wickedness of men was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (Gen. 6:5)
    And the earth was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth." (vs.11,12)

There are a few places in the history of God's dealing with the world where human societies reach a moral rock-bottom. They cannot hardly sink any lower. The end of the process of degradation and corruption is reached. The Bible is faithful to let us know "Yea, Things can actually get that bad."

God said the END of the downward slide into wickedness had come. He would be unrighteous not to do anything about it.

"And God said to Noah, the end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence because of them, and now I am about to destroy them with the earth." (v.13)

He starts over with a new beginning. The end of the created race has come. Afterwards God begins to seek to gain the world back from Satan through the called race. That is the Abrahamic race of those called out to Himself.

I'd rather take it all as educational.
  3. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 15:373 edits
    Wait a minute! If Adam had eaten of a tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then WHY on earth was evil and wickedness rampant in a latter generation ?

What the lying enemy of God had not told man was that Adam would only have a knowledge of good and evil. He would not be able to fully carry out the good that he knows. Neither would he be able to fully resist the evil that he knows.

The entire process of the downward slide of the sin nature corrupting mankind was a death. That is a developing inability to keep in check the sinful nature from thoroughly corrupting him.

God, whose motive and heart Satan had slandered, had told Adam the truth. On the day that you step into the realm of Satan's authority, going against God's authority and taking in the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you will surely die.

- sonship
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 07:52
    And they lived happily ever after😵
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:073 edits
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    And they lived happily ever after😵
    In Grimm's Fairy Tales maybe. The Bible is not quite that simple.
    You have a few millennia of God interacting in history after Adam's fall, to accomplish His purpose.
    After Genesis chapter 3 "everafter" was not always that happy for man.

Oh, Is "my Teacher" Jesus not your Teacher ?
    ( I'm not asking if all our interpretations are the same).
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:35
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You have a few millennia of God interacting in history after Adam's fall, to accomplish His purpose.
    After [b]Genesis chapter 3
    "everafter" was not always that happy for man.

( I'm not asking if all our interpretations are the same).[/b]
    Edit: Oh, Is "my Teacher" Jesus not your Teacher ?

I replied to this question of yours, it is needless to repost it. You may find it on page 4 of this thread😵
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:38
    Edit: Oh, Is "my Teacher" Jesus not your Teacher ?

I replied to this question of yours, it is needless to repost it. You may find it on page 4 of this thread😵
    Thankyou if you did reply. I will now go and find your reply. I didn't see it, honestly.
    Thanks again.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:474 edits
    Edit: I see in the Bible that the Devil brought about something new in the universe - the introduction of a new will. I think I understand that the Devil is the origin of wickedness, evil and all.

It is my knowledge devil brought nothing new under the sun. For devil's falsehood is not his nature by G-d; devil's nature is the (obscured by devil's ...[text shortened]... p meditating very often deeply in the Orthodox Greek mindstream of his luminous projections.
    😵
    He is one of the masters to which I bow with deep respect, but although I learn constantly from him he is not my Teacher the way he is to you, for I am of a different mindstream.
    I acknowledge he is the Master of the Christian tradition and that, for you and all the Christians, he is the Son of the supernatural entity you perceive as G-d the Father. In order to cope with my tradition I had to study in depth your Teacher's word too, and I keep up meditating very often deeply in the Orthodox Greek mindstream of his luminous projections.

Thankyou.
    You do have a lot of hefty material for good discussion, I'll give you that.
    I don't know how much I can respond this morning.

As for "mainstream" ? Some of the things I write might be considered "mainstream" Christian faith - "the faith once for all delivered to the saints." Of course if you ask Divegeester, he would say, that I wrote "strange" things. I do write some things neglected by traditional mainstream Chrstianity, or they are not always mainstream.

All I can add now is that Greek Orthodoxy's teaching on theosis I share.
    In Greek Orthodoxy, deification, is an important aspect of salvation.
    If I here write the same putting it in words such as God seeks the mingling of God and man, some posters keep quiet. Others like Divegeester, calls it ( I think ) strange.

It should be mainstream if it is not because it is in the revelation of the Bible.

Talk latter maybe. My God is the Man Jesus. So you know where I am coming from.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:55
    After [b]Genesis chapter 3
    "everafter" was not always that happy for man.

( I'm not asking if all our interpretations are the same).[/b]
    Yes sonship, the Bible is not that simple.

This does not mean it is correct to accept blindly one's false premises and assumptions as if they were in accordance to the Word. I already explained the reasons why this is the case as regards the OP of this thread.
    😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 12:56
    Thankyou if you did reply. I will now go and find your reply. I didn't see it, honestly.
    Thanks again.
    I miss things all the time, it's OK😵
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 13:13
    [quote] He is one of the masters to which I bow with deep respect, but although I learn constantly from him he is not my Teacher the way he is to you, for I am of a different mindstream.
    I acknowledge he is the Master of the Christian tradition and that, for you and all the Christians, he is the Son of the supernatural entity you perceive as G-d the Fath ...[text shortened]... le.

Talk latter maybe. My God is the Man [b]Jesus.
    So you know where I am coming from.[/b]
    I understand in full your tenets, sonship.

Just a note: I wrote "mindstream", not "mainstream".
    The exact meaning, in the context of our debate, is that you, as a person whose G-d is Man Jesus, follow the Word of Jesus (you are a part of Jesus' mindstream, which is rooted on beginningless temporal sequence due to the fact that Jesus is a part of the G-d the Father).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Be well😵
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 20:181 edit
    I understand in full your tenets, sonship.

Just a note: I wrote "mindstream", not "mainstream".
    The exact meaning, in the context of our debate, is that you, as a person whose G-d is Man Jesus, follow the Word of Jesus (you are a part of Jesus' mindstream, which is rooted on beginningless temporal sequence due to the fact that Jesus is a part of the G-d the Father).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Be well😵
    I missed that completely - "mindstream" not "mainstream."
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 11:201 edit
    The World of Lies is temporary, but this does not mean you are free to deflect and to propagate dichotomy.

There have been times where the gentiles were looking at Christians and were saying “They really love one another!” in disbelief, but this assumption were factual. Agape, back then, was a product of a more eloquent interpretation of Scripture ...[text shortened]... n his teaching.

😵
    I feel compassion because I think the dichotomy you keep up projecting is not of your Teacher, but of your inability to meditate on his teaching.

Sectarianism is a work of the flesh (Galatians 5:20) If we Christians practice the receiving of one another along the lines laid out for us in Romans 14,15 we can escape the error of sects. I seek and am learning to maintain the proper oneness among the Christians.

Dichotomy?
    You are compassionately mournful about some dichotomy I have?
    Help me out a bit. Was it discussed in this thread?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 11:48

There have been times where the gentiles were looking at Christians and were saying “They really love one another!” in disbelief, but this assumption were factual. Agape, back then, was a product of a more eloquent interpretation of Scripture ...[text shortened]... n his teaching.

😵

Inability to meditate on the teaching of Jesus?

My musings, praying over, contemplating and meditating on the words and teaching (as well as example) of Jesus must lead me to conclusions different from what you are teaching.

My best meditating on the teaching of Jesus happens when I simultaneously at the same time contact my Teacher the Lord Jesus.

When you meditate on the words of Jesus do you do so by opening your heart TO Jesus as Lord and touching His Spirit in your spirit? Jesus warned that we should search the Scriptures coming TO Him that we may find divine life.

"You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is these that testify concerning Me. Yet you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life." (John 5:39,40)

So I try to come to Jesus' teaching with this kind of attitude and prayer -

"Lord Jesus. Lord I thank you for your precious blood which ever gives me a new day, a new way to come to God. As I come to Your teaching Lord Jesus, I also open my life to you with a willingness to be touched by you and changed by you.

Lord save me from coming to the Scripture without coming also to You. I search Your teaching Lord Jesus by turning my heart to You. Thankyou for Your undying love for me. Amen."

The whole Bible becomes the teaching of Jesus for sure.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 11:54

Sectarianism is a work of the flesh [b](Galatians 5:20)
    If we Christians practice the receiving of one another ...[text shortened]... ely mournful about some dichotomy I have?
    Help me out a bit. Was it discussed in this thread?[/b]
    sonship, the post to which you refer is one of my answers to Eladar. It is not related to your tenets as they take place in the context of our conversation at this thread.

However, if you believe that Eladar’s and dj2becker’s opinion is tenable and in accordance to the Word, I would be glad to share your thoughts😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree