1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:161 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    no
    ok
    so you're a nicer person than Joshua or Moses were.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:19
    ok. youre missing the point, people who do things "in God's name" like killing, crusades etc. do not reflect God's will, only their own will.
    Does that mean you don't believe that the stories in the bible about God telling people to kill are true, but in truth people just decided themselves to kill? While this makes perfect sense to me, a non-Christian, it surprises me to hear this from a Christian.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:22
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Does that mean you don't believe that the stories in the bible about God telling people to kill are true, but in truth people just decided themselves to kill? While this makes perfect sense to me, a non-Christian, it surprises me to hear this from a Christian.
    i dont think God would tell somebody to kill a baby. maybe he was schizophrenic, lots of schizophrenic people claim things like that.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:23
    i dont think God would tell somebody to kill a baby. maybe he was schizophrenic, lots of schizophrenic people claim things like that.
    Was the bible written by a schizophrenic ?
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:24
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Was the bible written by a schizophrenic ?
    who knows it couldve been some long made up story for all we know, but i dont believe so.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:26
    who knows it couldve been some long made up story for all we know, but i dont believe so.
    So what do you believe? That it (or parts of it) were written by someone believing in what he was told by a schizophrenic?
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:26
    oh, you mean like the flood story of the Sumerians.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:27
    So what do you believe? That it (or parts of it) were written by someone believing in what he was told by a schizophrenic?
    no, but where in the bible does it say God told somebody to kill babies anyways?
  9. The sky
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:33
    no, but where in the bible does it say God told somebody to kill babies anyways?
    Here are some examples, there may be more: http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm#Murdering_Children
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:36
    Joshua
    8:1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed:take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land:
    8:2 And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst
    unto Jericho and her king: only the spoil thereof, and the cattle
    thereof, shall ye take for a prey unto yourselves: lay thee an ambush
    for the city behind it.
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:47
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Joshua
    8:1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed:take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land:
    8:2 And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst
    unto Jericho and her king: only the spoil thereof, and the cattle
    thereof, shall ye take for a prey unto yourselves: lay thee an ambush
    for the city behind it.
    i dont see babies in there
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:50
    Here are some examples, there may be more: http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm#Murdering_Children
    that website only highlights the bad things and not the good things to make Christians look bad.
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:52
    here?

6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and
    woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:52
    From the same chapter: "When the Israelite army finished killing all the men outside the city, they went back and finished off everyone inside. So the entire population of Ai was wiped out that day – twelve thousand in all. For Joshua kept holding out his spear until everyone who had lived in Ai was completely destroyed. Only the cattle and the treasures of the city were not destroyed, for the Israelites kept these for themselves, as the LORD had commanded Joshua." It's unlikely that there were no babies in the city.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 01:53
    that website only highlights the bad things and not the good things to make Christians look bad.
    But how do you explain the bad things away?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree