A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14
4 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Luke 10: 7 .. GO [b]NOT FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE.

Do the JWs ever stay to eat and drink in a house and follow Christ NOT TO GO FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE?[/b]
oh dear,

go not from house to house;

as if fickle and inconstant, as if not satisfied with your lodging and entertainment, and as seeking out for other and better, or as if burdensome where they were

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/luke-10-7.html

so we find that the verse is not an imperative command that they should not actually go from house to house preaching and teaching but that they should not be fickle and inconsistent about their lodging, excellent, such a view harmonizes with the passage in its immediate context and the Bible as a whole, your interpretation contradicts the passage in its immediate context and the Bible as a whole. Ouch! yo busted again Raj. Why do you mess with me?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
oh dear,

as if fickle and inconstant, as if not satisfied with your lodging and entertainment, and as seeking out for other and better, or as if burdensome where they were

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/luke-10-7.html

so we find that the verse is not an imperative com ...[text shortened]... mmediate context and the Bible as a whole. Ouch! yo busted again Raj. Why do you mess with me?
The point about all of this is the following if you are able to understand as your brains is already damaged by Watchtower foolishness ..

Its NOT about house to house which you constantly boast about. Its about preaching the good news about Christ and the Kingdom to come , doctrines which you people have twisted.

Whats the point of going house to house and preaching garbage? You dont know who Jesus Christ really is.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
The point about all of this is the following if you are able to understand as your brains is already damaged by Watchtower foolishness ..

Its NOT about house to house which you constantly boast about. Its about preaching the good news about Christ and the Kingdom to come , doctrines which you people have twisted.

Whats the point of going house to house and preaching garbage? You dont know who Jesus Christ really is.
You lose Rajboy, now take your medicine, our work is sanctioned by the scriptures, we are carrying on the work that the Christ and the apostles did and our message is the Kingdom of God and Christ the messiah, i don't know why you are so bitter about it.

In order to know Jesus you must do the things he commanded.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Jan 14

oh dear,

so we find that the verse is not an imperative com ...[text shortened]... mmediate context and the Bible as a whole. Ouch! yo busted again Raj. Why do you mess with me?
Are these words in the Bible?

'as if fickle and inconstant, as if not satisfied with your lodging and entertainment, and as seeking out for other and better, or as if burdensome where they were.'

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Jan 14

You asked for a passage where Christ directed people to go to private houses, you got a passage where Christ directed people to go to private houses, how you interpret it is your affair.

You will explain your interpretation and why the apostles of Christ were going from house to house in the book of Acts as is clearly reported, either your interp ...[text shortened]... he Bible is wrong when it reports that the apostles were going from house to house. Which is it?
I don't have to explain anything thanks.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Are these words in the Bible?

'as if fickle and inconstant, as if not satisfied with your lodging and entertainment, and as seeking out for other and better, or as if burdensome where they were.'
they are an understanding of the text that both harmonizes with the immediate context and the context of the Bible as a whole, to interpret the verse as an imperative command not to go from house to house is unwarranted and makes absolutely no sense.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14

I don't have to explain anything thanks.
yes you do if you are going to attempt to support the idea that its an imperative command not to go from house to house preaching and teaching.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Jan 14

yes you do if you are going to attempt to support the idea that its an imperative command not to go from house to house preaching and teaching.
I'm not supporting anything, I'm curious to see what you're answers are.

P

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by caissad4
A dozen exorcisms a year !! You are a certifiable lunatic ! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
You'ld be amazed at what is out there. But then how would you know anything if you are not exposed to the truth, that there is a spiritual side of life.

P

Moves
23 Jan 14

I produced a Scripture from the psalms that you have failed to either understand or acknowledge which states that the meek will inherit the earth and reside forever upon it; whether i disappoint you is relevant to whom? It is meaningless to me whether your expectations are met or not. Not only that your doctrine of the eternal soul is anti christian ...[text shortened]... trine can be traced to paganism and is inherited from the Greeks; it is not a biblical teaching.
I understand the JW's bible has left out many passages of the origoinal scripture. So it make it difficult to explain when there are limitations. And your concepts are not the same as others either.

The average Christian would not accept anything i've said of the JW's being children of God just as much as they are. It is what is in the heart that matters. (i have to go to work, but will type later on this)

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I understand the JW's bible has left out many passages of the origoinal scripture. So it make it difficult to explain when there are limitations. And your concepts are not the same as others either.

The average Christian would not accept anything i've said of the JW's being children of God just as much as they are. It is what is in the heart that matters. (i have to go to work, but will type later on this)
We have the most accurate translation of the Bible available to anyone on the planet, independently tested and verified by associate professor Jason BeDhun, we have lefty out nothing from the original texts that were not there in the first place.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14

I'm not supporting anything, I'm curious to see what you're answers are.
Dude you know I'm the real thing.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jan 14
1 edit

We have the most accurate translation of the Bible available to anyone on the planet, independently tested and verified by associate professor Jason BeDhun, we have lefty out nothing from the original texts that were not there in the first place.
It is stupidity to think that in today's world when we have telephone, television, and internet that everybody must go from door to door to spread the gospel of Christ to all the world. Besides do you follow that command completely by also baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit? If so, wouldn't that be admitting belief in the Trinity?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Jan 14

Dude you know I'm the real thing.
You're a real something alright, just not what you think.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is stupidity to think that in today's world when we have telephone, television, and internet that everybody must go from door to door to spread the gospel of Christ to all the world. Besides do you follow that command completely by also baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit? If so, wouldn't that be admitting belief in the Trinity?
First of all does the Bible states that Christ gave the disciples the command to go to private houses and that the apostles were found doing that as reported in the book of acts. This is important because the assertion was that there was no such precedent when clearly there is. What is more in order to teach someone you must spend time with that person and simply dumping information on them is not teaching is it. No one is claiming that the Christian has to limit his or her ministry solely to house to house in fact Paul had a custom of going to the market place and the synagogue. Your trinitarian quip will be ignored as unworthy of serious comment.