A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Pudgenik
rob, i know your bible has changed over the years. Go find a 1954 version of your bible. It will be similar to the New American Bible, compare it to your modern bible. You will find plenty of changes. Then ask one of your elders, and his response will be that they sought the correct translation. You can see it for yourself.
Your actual claim was that none of the verses that R J Hinds cited would likely be found in the New World translation of the Holy scriptures, either you back it up with evidence or the claim is a lie.

That the New world translation has undergone revision has no bearing on your claim, so either you produce evidence or retract your statement and issue an apology, this is the spirituality forum, here we are interested in truth, lies and deception don't last very long.

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I used to have the 1961 green hardcover version that included both the Old and New testaments when I studied with the JWs. However, I became disappointed in their teachings and their Bible and threw it away. I should have keep it for I might have sold it on ebay like here:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/new-world-translation

They have several versions. They even have a new 2013 version.
Not even a devout Muslim would consider throwing away a Bible they have more respect for it than you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Not even a devout Muslim would consider throwing away a Bible they have more respect for it than you.
On second thought, I doubt if anybody would want to buy a corrupt Bible like that one anyway. That's why I don't have a Koran or Quran.

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14

On second thought, I doubt if anybody would want to buy a corrupt Bible like that one anyway. That's why I don't have a Koran or Quran.
even Muslims have more respect for the Bible than you, you think about that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14

even Muslims have more respect for the Bible than you, you think about that.
It was a JW changed bible with a green cover, not a real Holy Bible like the King James Version. And at least I did not use it for toilet paper.

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14

It was a JW changed bible with a green cover, not a real Holy Bible like the King James Version. And at least I did not use it for toilet paper.
Muslims, more respect for the Bible.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14
1 edit

Muslims, more respect for the Bible.
You still did not answer my question about the soul departing and returning to the body as stated in the Old Testament. Answer the question, jerk!

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14
1 edit

You still did not answer my question about the soul departing and returning to the body as stated in the Old Testament. Answer the question, jerk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKg61sa6Gkw
no you are disrespectful to me and the Bible, no answers until you learn respect

Moves
24 Jan 14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKg61sa6Gkw
You lack the skill, finesse and commitment required to pin down the slippery ones.

Moves
24 Jan 14

Oh and by the way, the OP is still not explained...

Referring to people leaving their religion to join Jehovah's Witnesses:

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."
Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28)

However...

Regarding those disfellowshipped from Jehovah's Witnesses:

"Really, what your beloved family member needs to see is your resolute stance to put Jehovah above everything else - including the family bond. … Do not look for excuses to associate with a disfellowshipped family member, for example, through e-mail."
Watchtower Study Edition 2013 Jan 15 p.16

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14

no you are disrespectful to me and the Bible, no answers until you learn respect
How can I respect false teaching? Only if I believe in those false teachings can I respect them; and I don't.

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14
1 edit

How can I respect false teaching? Only if I believe in those false teachings can I respect them; and I don't.
Muslims have more respect for the Bible than you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14

Muslims have more respect for the Bible than you.
Even they would probably throw away that green-backed JW bible and they believe in a lot of false teachings.

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14
2 edits

Even they would probably throw away that green-backed JW bible and they believe in a lot of false teachings.
On the contrary i was in a mosque in Glasgow preaching and the Imam showed me his his copy of the New world translation with pride, he had more respect for the Bible than an ingrate like you. Muslims have more respect for the Bible than you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jan 14

Originally posted by divegeester
You lack the skill, finesse and commitment required to pin down the slippery ones.
I doubt if I would make a very good diplomat either.