A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You're a real something alright, just not what you think.
Dude I thought you might support me once, just once but no!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
First of all does the Bible states that Christ gave the disciples the command to go to private houses and that the apostles were found doing that as reported in the book of acts. This is important because the assertion was that there was no such precedent when clearly there is. What is more in order to teach someone you must spend time with that per ...[text shortened]... place and the synagogue. Your trinitarian quip will be ignored as unworthy of serious comment.
Okay, then I will also ignore your comment that JWs are following Christ's commands to go door to door. As a Christian and not a JW, I feel no calling to go door to door since Christians were never commanded by Christ to go door to door.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Okay, then I will also ignore your comment that JWs are following Christ's commands to go door to door. As a Christian and not a JW, I feel no calling to go door to door since Christians were never commanded by Christ to go door to door.
Christians were commanded, try reading Luke Chapter 10, or you can continue to howl at the moon, either way, what is written is what is written.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jan 14
3 edits

Christians were commanded, try reading Luke Chapter 10, or you can continue to howl at the moon, either way, what is written is what is written.
Rajk999 already pointed out to you what Jesus commanded and it was the following:

... Do not go from house to house.

(Luke 10:7 NKJV)

Let me also point out to you the following from the Old Testament:

And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem).

(Genesis 35:18-19)

And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the Lord and said, “O Lord my God, I pray, let this child’s soul come back to him.” Then the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived.

(1 Kings 17:21-22 NKJV)

How do you explain the soul departing the body of Rachel at her death and the soul coming back into the dead child to revive him if the soul dies with the body as you claim?

rc

Moves
23 Jan 14
1 edit

Rajk999 already pointed out to you what Jesus commanded and it was the following:

[b] ... Do not go from house to house.

And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. So Rach ...[text shortened]... soul coming back into the dead child to revive him if the soul dies with the body as you claim?
I have already debunked the claim, with reference, not only is your claim ludicrous it is not supported by the immediate context of the passage nor in the context of the Bible as a whole, truth is not in you Hinds.

Moves
23 Jan 14

How much do you charge for execorism when you are not out trying to fleece people of their hard earned money. I always new born agains Christians
were mental, thank you for confirming it. What do you do sprinkle people with holy water, face them north and recite an incantation.
What makes you think I do exorcisms, do I look like Max von Sydow?

Moves
23 Jan 14

We have the most accurate translation of the Bible available to anyone on the planet, independently tested and verified by associate professor Jason BeDhun, we have lefty out nothing from the original texts that were not there in the first place.
Err.. I think I debunked that claim in thread several months ago.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jan 14
1 edit

I have already debunked the claim, with reference, not only is your claim ludicrous it is not supported by the immediate context of the passage nor in the context of the Bible as a whole, truth is not in you Hinds.
You apparently have been indoctrinated by the false prophets of the Watchtower Society. They have made you so blind that you don't see or understand the clear statement by Jesus, "DO NOT GO HOUSE TO HOUSE" in Luke 10:7.

You also did not answer my question about the soul departing and returning to the body as stated in the Old Testament. Are you blind to that too?

P

Moves
24 Jan 14

[b] ... Do not go from house to house.

And so it was, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she called his name Ben-Oni; but his father called him Benjamin. So Rach ...[text shortened]... soul coming back into the dead child to revive him if the soul dies with the body as you claim?
RJ some of our arguments will be pointless as the JW's bible has been shortened to fit their beliefs.

Basically, some of your bible quotes will, more than likely, not even be in their bible.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
RJ some of our arguments will be pointless as the JW's bible has been shortened to fit their beliefs.

Basically, some of your bible quotes will, more than likely, not even be in their bible.
You don't mean they have changed the word of God do you? Surely they would not do that.

P

Moves
24 Jan 14

You don't mean they have changed the word of God do you? Surely they would not do that.
I don't think they did what the Methodist church did. (Altered the gender of God from male to it), but they have definitely shortened the texts. Much like the Protestant churches did when they didn't like what was being preached.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14

I don't think they did what the Methodist church did. (Altered the gender of God from male to it), but they have definitely shortened the texts. Much like the Protestant churches did when they didn't like what was being preached.
That must not be the United Methodist Church because my wife is a member and I know they believe in the Trinity, which is three Persons in one God, just like the Southern Baptist. However, I know that the JWs believe the Holy Spirit is an it or a force and not a person.

rc

Moves
24 Jan 14

You were asked to produce evidence for these allegatione so far you have produced nothing and I am calling you out for lying unless you do.

P

Moves
24 Jan 14
1 edit

You were asked to produce evidence for these allegatione so far you have produced nothing and I am calling you out for lying unless you do.
rob, i know your bible has changed over the years. Go find a 1954 version of your bible. It will be similar to the New American Bible, compare it to your modern bible. You will find plenty of changes. Then ask one of your elders, and his response will be that they sought the correct translation. You can see it for yourself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 14
1 edit

rob, i know your bible has changed over the years. Go find a 1954 version of your bible. It will be similar to the New American Bible, compare it to your modern bible. You will find plenty of changes. Then ask one of your elders, and his response will be that they sought the correct translation. You can see it for yourself.
I used to have the 1961 green hardcover version that included both the Old and New testaments when I studied with the JWs. However, I became disappointed in their teachings and their Bible and threw it away. I should have keep it for I might have sold it on ebay like here:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/new-world-translation

They have several versions. They even have a new 2013 version.