A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
On the contrary i was in a mosque in Glasgow preaching and the Imam showed me his his copy of the New world translation with pride, he had more respect for the Bible than an ingrate like you. Muslims have more respect for the Bible than you.
What did the Muslims think of your preaching, what topic did you preach to them on?

rc

Moves
25 Jan 14

Originally posted by divegeester
What did the Muslims think of your preaching, what topic did you preach to them on?
Muslims are the most hospitable and respectful of spiritual things. I preach about God's Kingdom and the early paradise, an end to war and corruption much of which resonates with them. One of course must be careful not to offend their sensibilities and some common ground can usually be found.

P

Moves
25 Jan 14
1 edit

Your actual claim was that none of the verses that R J Hinds cited would likely be found in the New World translation of the Holy scriptures, either you back it up with evidence or the claim is a lie.

That the New world translation has undergone revision has no bearing on your claim, so either you produce evidence or retract your statement and i ...[text shortened]... he spirituality forum, here we are interested in truth, lies and deception don't last very long.
Rob what i originally said was SOME of the versus.

"In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God and the Word was God." "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us"

There was a rebellion from the original church hundreds of years ago. A number of questions had arisen and the church split. This became known as the Protestant Reformation. Hence, 7 books were removed from the original bible. Among the subjects was the question of purgatory and others. Yet this bible, the Word is still valid and is still used today by many. If i try talking to the protestant church about purgatory they will have nothing to compare it to, and say what are you talking about. It is not scriptural.

When the JW's formed, (i'm thinking maybe 100 to 150 years ago) their first bible was like any other. As time went on, the leadership of the JW's removed texts, and molded their bible to fit their church. Even thought this bible is smaller in context, it is still the Word of God.

And as you know here, everyone tries to push scripture on you that does not exist in your bible. (That Jesus is Jehovah and that Jehovah is Jesus)

This here is the crux of my messages. Your bible is still the Word of God, as is the Protestant bible.

What part of God is not God, and what part of the Word is not the Word. Because Our God is the Word and the Word is our God.

If a man receives the Word into his heart, Jesus is there too, whether he believes in Him or not. Jesus states, no one can go to the Father but through me. And Jesus also states, "the Father and I are One."

In answer to the question of faith alone and why the scripture also says faith without love is meaningless.
Faith alone leads us to Jesus, but we then HAVE TO receive Jesus into our Hearts. As scripture says, "Faith without love is like a gong clanging in the wind". Remember, God is love and Jesus is God. So you have faith, and then you receive Jesus who takes you to God.

Rob, i hope this answers your question. Sorry for the length of it, but i had to explain my thoughts, Pudge.

rc

Moves
25 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Rob what i originally said was SOME of the versus.

"In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God and the Word was God." "and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us"

There was a rebellion from the original church hundreds of years ago. A number of questions had arisen and the church split. This became known as the Protestant Reformation. Henc ...[text shortened]... this answers your question. Sorry for the length of it, but i had to explain my thoughts, Pudge.
You have still failed to provide a single reference to any of the verses that you allegedly say are not found in our Bible and your insinuation that we have removed verses is a dishonest representation of the New world translation of the Holy scriptures. Now this i can forgive but i cannot respect, either produce the verses that you allege we have removed or retract your statement.

P

Moves
25 Jan 14
1 edit

You have still failed to provide a single reference to any of the verses that you allegedly say are not found in our Bible and your insinuation that we have removed verses is a dishonest representation of the New world translation of the Holy scriptures. Now this i can forgive but i cannot respect, either produce the verses that you allege we have removed or retract your statement.
Didn't you read anything i wrote? Tell you what, i will go to a JW church this weekend and do a comparison with my bible.

P

Moves
25 Jan 14

How long have you been a JW, 30 yrs. And how many versions on the bible have been written? Because i know for a fact the stance or focus of the JW's has changed at least twice if not more. Like the prediction of the end of the world back in the 60's.

Moves
25 Jan 14

Muslims are the most hospitable and respectful of spiritual things. I preach about God's Kingdom and the early paradise, an end to war and corruption much of which resonates with them. One of course must be careful not to offend their sensibilities and some common ground can usually be found.
Wow, I bet that really freaks them out... Paradise and hippy drippy no more war diluted naturalistic itching ear blandness.

Try preaching salvation is only found in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and report back here.

rc

Moves
25 Jan 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Didn't you read anything i wrote? Tell you what, i will go to a JW church this weekend and do a comparison with my bible.
yes i read it, most of it was irrelevant, just produce the verses that we have removed or retract the statement, how hard can it be. If you have made an error of judgment then fine, we are human and prone to aberration, its forgivable but i cannot respect allegations as serious as the one you have made without corroborative evidence.

rc

Moves
25 Jan 14

Wow, I bet that really freaks them out... Paradise and hippy drippy no more war diluted naturalistic itching ear blandness.

Try preaching salvation is only found in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and report back here.
wow its clear you have never had a public ministry in your life - please don't offer me anymore advice on how to carry out a public ministry, taking advice from a pure novice is simply hard to respect. Try reading acts chapter 17, report back to us in what you have found out about the methods of the apostle Paul.

Moves
25 Jan 14

wow its clear you have never had a public ministry in your life - please don't offer me anymore advice on how to carry out a public ministry, taking advice from a pure novice is simply hard to respect. Try reading acts chapter 17, report back to us in what you have found out about the methods of the apostle Paul.
Robbie the gospel of Jesus Christ and that salvation is found in his name alone is what we are to preach. Hanging out with the local Islamic moderates discussing and end to corruption and war in order to get a feeling of being a catalyst in the spiritual vortex is really not impressive to anyone who knows anything at all about true Christian evangelism.

rc

Moves
25 Jan 14

Robbie the gospel of Jesus Christ and that salvation is found in his name alone is what we are to preach. Hanging out with the local Islamic moderates discussing and end to corruption and war in order to get a feeling of being a catalyst in the spiritual vortex is really not impressive to anyone who knows anything at all about true Christian evangelism.
Gods Kingdom is the central teaching of the gospels, how you can read the gospel and fail to realize it is a sad reflection of the shallowness of your knowledge. You are a noob, a total novice, there is nothing to be learned from you.

Moves
25 Jan 14

Gods Kingdom is the central teaching of the gospels, how you can read the gospel and fail to realize it is a sad reflection of the shallowness of your knowledge. You are a noob, a total novice, there is nothing to be learned from you.
Feel free to start ignoring me again if you wish.

I disagree with you absolutely, the central theme of the gospels is God's grace and mercy as manifested in Jesus Christ and his complete redemptive work.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jan 14

yes i read it, most of it was irrelevant, just produce the verses that we have removed or retract the statement, how hard can it be. If you have made an error of judgment then fine, we are human and prone to aberration, its forgivable but i cannot respect allegations as serious as the one you have made without corroborative evidence.
How about this verse, which is missing from the Catholic bible in Matthew but appears in Mark, is it in the Watchtower bible?

However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

(Matthew 17:21 NKJV)

So He said to them, “This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.”

(Mark 9:29 NKJV)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jan 14

I know for sure that the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION omits Mark !6:9 to the end of that book.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I know for sure that the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION omits Mark 16:9 to the end of that book.
You know, I didn't believe this, so I went to jw.org and looked it up.

Sure enough, Mark 16:9-20 is missing from the NWT. What more proof does anyone need that they had the NWT written to 'prove' their doctrine? There are a few troublesome things in this missing part for JWs, I guess it would be too hard for them to explain them away.

What's next? Revelation 22:18-19? Why not? Obviously, they think that part doesn't apply to them either.