1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 12:49
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Odd.

I believe that if I jump out of the window of a ten story building the law of gravity will pull me down and I will smash on the ground below.

If someone else takes the jump, they too will crash. But it will not be because they did or did not agree with me.

A limited analogy not meant to be perfect is every regard.
    The law of gravity is the issue and not the opinion of a certain believer in it.
    Actually, the law of gravity won't pull you down, but rather brings the ground up to meet you.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 13:063 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Actually, the law of gravity won't pull you down, but rather brings the ground up to meet you.

As I wrote "pull me down" I was thinking someone would object.

The effect, whatever it may be, has nothing to do with their attitude towards me.

If I don't jump and someone else does, gravity will do its work.
    I can't say " They fell because they disagreed with my belief " as the sole cause of their falling.

The caricature of condemnation from God is for disagreeing with one one who has received salvation, is a misdirected resentment. It is actually an appeal to emotions. Its not a sober minded understanding of the need for Justification and Redemption from God.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 15:17
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Odd.

I believe that if I jump out of the window of a ten story building the law of gravity will pull me down and I will smash on the ground below.

If someone else takes the jump, they too will crash. But it will not be because they did or did not agree with me.

A limited analogy not meant to be perfect is every regard.
    The law of gravity is the issue and not the opinion of a certain believer in it.
    Is this an honest attempt to reply to what divegeester put to you? This thing about "the law of gravity"?

That question, which you have been dodging for weeks, is, of course a bit of an existential threat to your little "ministry" here, and that's exactly why you have been deflecting and dodging it these last few weeks.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 15:34
    @fmf said
    You should put this on your profile.
    Good idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree