1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:23
    Romans 1:
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:51
    Originally quoted by KellyJay
    "Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,"
    A lot of this stuff doesn't need any of your god figure notions in order for them to be cast as morally unsound actions. So what extra purchase do you think your religiosity gives you when considering these behaviours and demeanours?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 09:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    A lot of this stuff doesn't need any of your god figure notions in order for them to be cast as morally unsound actions. So what extra purchase do you think your religiosity gives you when considering these behaviours and demeanours?
    To be cast as morally unsound actions by you or everyone?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:03
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    It doesn't matter what is said here, there will be a few that find something to complain about
    that is all they do.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:241 edit
    Romans 1:
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

It is terrible to be given up by God in this way. Such a mind given up by God will fail to think good thoughts.

It is not good to have a mind disapproved - a mind that God could never approve of.
    This is not good. It is very sad.

It is better to turn the mind BACK ... BACK to the living God. Approve Him and then He can again approve your mind.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:29
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity etc? Most people I've ever met. Perhaps not literally "everyone".
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:32
    When the mind becomes REALLY dark, you have to realize that some thoughts are like arrows being SHOT into you from without. The evil spirits are inflicting your mind.

Some of these you must learn not to claim as your own. But when you are really in the dark it is not easy to tell this.

By beginning to read the Bible with a heart willing to be changed by God, I think, you will begin to turn the mind BACK to the clean and holy God. And you will learn to reject some thoughts and say -

"No, I do not claim that thought. No, that evil thought was sent as an arrow shot into my mind from demonic forces."

When you are under the manipulation of forces of darkness, some of the thoughts come to you because you have given over GROUND in your being to the demonic.

You need recovery. You need to patch up the walls of your mind. Windows in your thinking have become more like holes in the walls of your mind. The walls of self control have caved in. Some of the dirty and filthy things shooting into your mind really do not originate from you. But they seem to become yours.

I recommend that you begin to start to detect where your self control has been lost by reading the Word of God , prayerfully. And reading with a real willingness to be opened up in your whole heart to Jesus Christ.

His love for you and even for your mind is great.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It doesn't matter what is said here, there will be a few that find something to complain about that is all they do.
    But don't you yourself spend quite a bit of your time finding something to complain about regarding "what is said here"?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity etc? Most people I've ever met. Perhaps not literally "everyone".
    This is why in God's salvation man can be transformed by the renewing of the mind.
    Because of the fall of Adam we are all somewhat mental cases.

In the salvation of Christ we are transformed by the renewing of the Holy Spirit spreading more and more influence over our minds.

" And do not be fashioned according to this age, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of the mind that you may prove what the will of God is,

that which is good and well pleasing and perfect." (Rom. 12:2)
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    This is why in God's salvation man can be transformed by the renewing of the mind.
    Because of the fall of Adam we are all somewhat mental cases.

In the salvation of Christ we are transformed by the renewing of the Holy Spirit spreading more and more influence over our minds.

[b] " And do not be fashioned according to this age, but be TRAN ...[text shortened]... will of God is,

that which is good and well pleasing and perfect." (Rom. 12:2)
    [/b]
    I think a reprobate mind is far worse than simply walking after the flesh, which is also very
    bad with respect to God. One it seems is at odds with God, the other though Jesus has
    died for them, they have been written off by God. What a horrible place to be! How dark
    a soul does one have to have for that?

Romans 8:
    4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

I'd say we cannot know who is where before God, so we must assume each one can be
    reached, if they refuse, its on them.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:44
    I think a reprobate mind is far worse than simply walking after the flesh, which is also very bad with respect to God. One it seems is at odds with God, the other though Jesus has died for them...
    So these "reprobate minds" you are talking about here and in your OP are fellow Christians? They believe in the same God as you? They believe "Jesus has died for them"?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:471 edit
    I think a reprobate mind is far worse than simply walking after the flesh, which is also very
    bad with respect to God. One it seems is at odds with God, the other though Jesus has
    died for them, they have been written off by God. What a horrible place to be! How dark

Romans 8:
    4 That the righteousness of the la ...[text shortened]... ho is where before God, so we must assume each one can be
    reached, if they refuse, its on them.

Romans 8:
    4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

There is hope for the audience of Romans 8 you know ?

The mind set on the flesh is death.
    The mind set on the spirit (where the Spirit of Christ is) is life and peace.

This is an exhortation to those in the church in Rome and who hear the epistle to ... SET the mind on the spirit. There is hope.

Even in First Corinthians Paul is exhorting the immature Christians not to be "carnal" or fleshly. There is a chance for them to be brought back from this kind of mind and on to spiritual maturity.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:50
    I think a reprobate mind is far worse than simply walking after the flesh, which is also very bad with respect to God. One it seems is at odds with God, the other though Jesus has died for them, they have been written off by God. What a horrible place to be! How dark a soul does one have to have for that?

I was saved.
    I was brought back.

I thank with my whole heart, the Lord Jesus for His faithfulness and His power to rescue. Amen.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:51
    [quote] I think a reprobate mind is far worse than simply walking after the flesh, which is also very

Romans 8:
    4 That the righteousnes ...[text shortened]... istians not to be "carnal" or fleshly. There is a chance for them to be brought on to maturity.
    I agree, there is hope which is why I think one walking in the flesh is not the same as one
    that God turned over to a reprobate mind. Since we cannot know which is which we
    should assume all are able to come to Christ, for the forgiveness of sins so that they may
    serve the Lord, and they receive the life, truth, and grace and peace found in Jesus Christ.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:53
    I think a reprobate mind is far worse than simply walking after the flesh, which is also very bad with respect to God. One it seems is at odds with God, the other though Jesus has died for them, they have been written off by God. What a horrible place to be! How dark a soul does one have to have for that?

I was saved.
    I was brought back ...[text shortened]...
    I thank with my whole heart, the Lord Jesus for His faithfulness and His power to rescue. Amen.
    I think anyone who feels guilt isn't there yet, once one is convinced they are guiltless before
    God and man even though they are creatures of sin, they are in a dangerous place before
    God. Then if they find themselves in the next life in that state, it is over for them..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree