1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I agree, there is hope which is why I think one walking in the flesh is not the same as one
    that God turned over to a reprobate mind. Since we cannot know which is which we
    should assume all are able to come to Christ, for the forgiveness of sins so that they may
    serve the Lord, and they receive the life, truth, and grace and peace found in Jesus Christ.
    I agree, there is hope which is why I think one walking in the flesh is not the same as one that God turned over to a reprobate mind. Since we cannot know which is which we should assume all are able to come to Christ, for the forgiveness of sins so that they may serve the Lord, and they receive the life, truth, and grace and peace found in Jesus Christ.

You know Brother Paul was pretty far gone there. I mean he says he was a blasphemer.
    He was pretty far out there when he was the persecuting Saul of Tarsus.

Then he says God set him forth as a pattern to those afterwards who would trust in Christ. May the Lord have mercy on us.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:55
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] I agree, there is hope which is why I think one walking in the flesh is not the same as one that God turned over to a reprobate mind. Since we cannot know which is which we should assume all are able to come to Christ, for the forgiveness of sins so that they may serve the Lord, and they receive the life, truth, and grace and peace found in Jesus Ch ...[text shortened]... forth as a pattern to those afterwards who would trust in Christ. May the Lord have mercy on us.
    Very true, there is hope!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 10:571 edit
    I am not sure Paul is the best example of what he means as reprobate. But ANYWAY, there was hope for this man.

It is bad to have a mind disapproved by God. Some today exalt such a mind. It is bad to boast in it.

But Romans does say that some did such things and had delight in others who did them also.

"Who, though fully knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but also have fellow delight in those who practice them." (v.32)

May we all come forward to Christ for salvation.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:024 edits
    In the loose, loose, and licentious 70s this verse hit me like a lightening bolt.

"But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth ...upon those who practice such things."

"HUH ???" I thought . But I thought it was all relative. I thought "Whatever is good to you is good for you." You know? "Do your own thing. Do what you wanna do. I can't tell you who to sock it to! "

Do you mean, New Testament that the judgment of God is according to TRUTH ??
    It is not all swallowed up in relativity ?

One day as an early Christian, I recall this very verse impacting my life. There is TRUTH. And the judgment of God is according to TRUTH.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:09
    A reprobate mind will call sweet bitter and call good evil. A reprobate mind can be very wise in it own sight yet turn things upside down.

" Woe to those who call evil good, And good evil;
    Who put darkness for light,
    And light for darkness;
    Who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! " (Isaiah 5:20,21)

May God have mercy on us as we draw forward to Him for grace.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:12
    "HUH ???" I thought . But i thought it is all relative. I thought "Whatever is good to you is good for you." You know? "Do your own thing. Do what you wanna do. I can't tell you who to sock it to! "
    Can you cite a thread on this forum on the subject of morality where you think your contribution to the discourse gives this attempted mockery on your part some credence and traction?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:15
    I agree, there is hope which is why I think one walking in the flesh is not the same as one that God turned over to a reprobate mind. Since we cannot know which is which we should assume all are able to come to Christ, for the forgiveness of sins so that they may serve the Lord, and they receive the life, truth, and grace and peace found in Jesus Christ.
    So, just to be clear, these "reprobate minds" you have in mind on this thread are fellow Christians, fellow believers, followers of Jesus who seek to "serve the Lord" but are currently "reprobate"?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:501 edit
    a reprobate mind

Romans 1:
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    For a moment there, I though Grampy Bobby was back.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, just to be clear, these "reprobate minds" you have in mind on this thread are fellow Christians, fellow believers, followers of Jesus who seek to "serve the Lord" but are currently "reprobate"?
    It's a secret.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:562 edits
    It doesn't matter what is said here, there will be a few that find something to complain about that is all they do.
    When you say "few" you mean people who happen to disagree with you?

When you say "complain" you mean the act of posting that disagreement publicly on this debate forum?

When you say "it doesn't matter what is said here" you are referring to you abdication of common decency and forum etiquette by ignoring people?

Presumably, your whole point with this recent flurry of spiky threads is to fire nasty scripturally soaked barbs at the people here whom you don't like.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 11:592 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you cite a thread on this forum on the subject of morality where you think your contribution to the discourse gives this attempted mockery on your part some credence and traction?
    Can you site a post you wrote that had something positive concerning Spirituality which was not bitching, complaining and murmuring about someone ?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 12:031 edit
    Can you site a post you wrote that had something positive concerning Spirituality which was not bitching, complaining and murmuring about someone ?
    Yes, the one you are actually replying to, for a start 🙄
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 12:03
    Replace 'spirituality' with 'atheism' (or indeed the name of any other religion) and answer your own question.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 12:13
    You have dodged the question. Never mind. You often seem to preen to yourself (or to the choir) about how you have acquitted yourself really well - and verily kicked-bottoms - in debates about morality. You seem to get all puffed up about it, and I cannot recall a thread that would justify it. Citing a thread would perhaps have laid the matter to rest. But you've dodged it instead.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '17 13:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity etc? Most people I've ever met. Perhaps not literally "everyone".
    But how do you account for them being morally unsound? Are these actions morally unsound based solely on the fact that it is a widely popular thought that these actions are morally unsound? Sounds like argumentum ad populum....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree