1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 21:39
    Originally posted by @rwingett
    Nobody cares. The question is why has Christianity done such a poor job opposing environmental degradation? And whether pantheism would do a better job.
    We are called to be good stewards of all we have, but like all people we don't follow
    instructions well. Any ism you bring forward will suffer the same fate, reason being people
    are people, and will not change except with outside help in any meaningful manner. With
    just us calling the shots, well water doesn't rise above it's source, so there is only so much
    we can do. I suppose that is why people want to believe evolution is a force to counter that
    limitation, without that belief we would be hard pressed for an argument saying
    improvement could ever really happen at all.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 21:581 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    God's part in it. There are plenty of things that are written not pleasing to my ears, but are
    true nonetheless. Are you not asking for a man made religion to make yourself feel good
    about the way things are, and for a man made remedy to solve the problems that are
    here?

So you are seeking something from between the ears of man, not because you are n ...[text shortened]... e new/old ideas and turn them
    into a religion for whatever purpose you think that will fulfill.
    You would think though, with species going extinct at an alarming rate 100% caused by man this god of yours would be watching a bit closer and start to take a corrective hand but nothing like that is in the works, if humanity somehow offs itself completely your god would not even know since it is away in some other universe causing trouble there too no doubt.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 22:06
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    You would think though, with species going extinct at an alarming rate 100% caused by man this god of yours would be watching a bit closer and start to take a corrective hand but nothing like that is in the works, if humanity somehow offs itself completely your god would not even know since it is away in some other universe causing trouble there too no doubt.
    Why, this world is going to be going bye bye soon and very soon, the whole thing is going
    to go up in flames. There was a beginning and there is an end coming, we treat this place
    like we treat everything, with little to no regard. When what is temporal goes away, all the
    things you griping about will become a thing of the past. The corrective hand is going to
    deal with every wrong period, without regard to who did them, all debts will be settled in
    full.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 23:08
    Why, this world is going to be going bye bye soon and very soon, the whole thing is going
    to go up in flames. There was a beginning and there is an end coming, we treat this place
    like we treat everything, with little to no regard. When what is temporal goes away, all the
    things you griping about will become a thing of the past. The corrective hand is g ...[text shortened]... eal with every wrong period, without regard to who did them, all debts will be settled in
    full.
    That prophecy has been going on for thousands of years and no destruction in sight and it won't be flames that brings us down. If it happens, it will be mankind's greed and stupidity. A thousand years from now the Abrahamics will be announcing the end of Earth being imminent and it won't happen then either.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    ...Christianity is an ancient, "pre-industrial" belief system, and one that needs to be replaced with a belief system that blends seamlessly with science, unlike Christianity.
    Yes, let’s get another belief system.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 00:14
    That prophecy has been going on for thousands of years and no destruction in sight and it won't be flames that brings us down. If it happens, it will be mankind's greed and stupidity. A thousand years from now the Abrahamics will be announcing the end of Earth being imminent and it won't happen then either.
    Yes, and all the details about it are occurring. But when it does happen people are going to say it happened suddenly.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 00:491 edit
    Yes, and all the details about it are occurring. But when it does happen people are going to say it happened suddenly.
    Again, that has been said over and over for millennia, the world is ending soon, the signs are here, the world is going to hell in a basket RIGHT NOW. We have had nukes all of our lives and since Nagasaki and such, no nukes have been used. People are living longer than ever, more people now are educated, less illiteracy than before, people living in general, safer and healthier lives.

In spite of that, the religious set only looks at the negatives, the ISIS attacks and such ignoring the big picture.

In spite of all that has happened in the world in the last 3000 years with no flames consuming Earth, time after time prophecies of doom have come and gone hundreds of times with ZERO result.

When will it dawn on you it is going to be that way now, a thousand years hence, ten thousand years hence and on to the end of humanity and still no flames will consume Earth.

You just believe what you have been told and read in the bible even though hundreds of generations of people have come and gone living through the exact same prophecy with no flames, why do you continue to believe all that? It's the 21st frigging century and in the next couple hundred years there will be colonies on Mars, the Moon, maybe moons of Jupiter. So to off all of humanity then, the entire solar system will have to go out in flames, it becomes a bigger and bigger flame to kill off humanity. Then say, 300 years from now we start having colonies on planets around nearby stars, then a portion of the entire galaxy has to go up in flames.

Ever think of THAT scenario?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 00:54
    Uh oh, here we go.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 01:26
    Again, that has been said over and over for millennia, the world is ending soon, the signs are here, the world is going to hell in a basket RIGHT NOW. We have had nukes all of our lives and since Nagasaki and such, no nukes have been used. People are living longer than ever, more people now are educated, less illiteracy than before, people living in gener ...[text shortened]... rs, then a portion of the entire galaxy has to go up in flames.

Ever think of THAT scenario?
    People are living longer if you just look at modern recorded history, not all recorded
    history. I agree with you, people have been saying this for a long time, even those living
    during the time of Christ thought they would see the end.

Being educated has not changed human nature at all, it just gives us better ways to
    exploit those we can, and kill those we want. Unless you think our better educated
    colleges are a bastion of tolerance and self-control? Personally, I think they are a great
    deal more self-absorbed then in many a generation. That isn't a step up in human nature
    but one backwards in my opinion.

People are the negatives, ISIS and other death cults, nation states that are like cults,
    other countries where people are held under authoritative rule, one nation propping up
    terror, several nations killing off unborn for money, even selling body parts, and so on.
    Maybe burning down cars and businesses are okay in your book if an election doesn't go
    the way you want shows you that we are moving in the right direction as a race.

With respect to the delay in it not going up in flames before, it is only going to occur once
    not several times over. The rash of earth quakes, THE Anti-Christ, the mark of the beast
    these things are coming. I also believe they will in our life times too, but I could be wrong
    as all the others who think they are living in the end times. Me being wrong about my
    life time does not mean they are not going to occur, it just means I'm wrong about my
    life time.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 02:202 edits
    People are living longer if you just look at modern recorded history, not all recorded
    history. I agree with you, people have been saying this for a long time, even those living

Being educated has not changed human nature at all, it just gives us better ways to
    exploit those we can, and kill t ...[text shortened]... ife time does not mean they are not going to occur, it just means I'm wrong about my
    life time.
    And it means nothing hundreds of generations of nay sayers have been wrong just as you will prove to be wrong and the generations to come after you will be wrong as well? Does the past teach you nothing?

Human society and civilization has ebbs and flows, good times and bad. A long time ago it was almost curtains for the entire human species, down to about 10 people around 175,000 years ago. We bounced back from that near disaster to take over the whole planet and have plans beyond Earth even.

We as a species are going to be hard to kill. BTW, just who, this time, is the antiChrist?

That person has been pronounced to have been here a hundred times by now so who is it this time around? Is the idea it is immortal and just pops up now and again to scare shyte out of humanity?

BTW, on another note, I have max'd out my upload time on SoundCloud, 62 tracks there now, the latest one homage to the solar eclipse this past summer, I call it Solar Eclipse Cascade. Can't upload anymore unless I do the paid sub thing, may do that in a couple of months.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 03:32
    And it means nothing hundreds of generations of nay sayers have been wrong just as you will prove to be wrong and the generations to come after you will be wrong as well? Does the past teach you nothing?

Human society and civilization has ebbs and flows, good times and bad. A long time ago it was almost curtains for the entire human species, down to abo ...[text shortened]... ascade. Can't upload anymore unless I do the paid sub thing, may do that in a couple of months.
    I'll check out your music again, have not been there in awhile.

With respect to the topic, the past teaches me we don't learn from it very well since we
    are always fighting, killing, raping, abusing each other it doesn't change we can hide it
    better, and those in power seem to get away with it a little more than those that don't.

I don't think as a species we are all that hard to kill, we do it to each other quite well,
    and we are getting better at it all the time. The end times in scripture has a few things
    taking place before the end, earth quakes, wars, rumor of wars, and a great falling away
    from God due to sin, and the Anti-Christ who is a specific person, not those here now
    who oppose Christ. Also I believe the mark of the beast will also take place, there are a
    few things coming, but they will come like a woman about to give birth, it will be good, and
    get bad, be good and get bad, and at some point getting bad will be the norm.

I'm not attempting to scare anyone, just warn, if it isn't true no big deal, if you start seeing
    these things, well you can acknowledge them or not. If I'm also wrong about this universe
    ending no be deal, if I'm right...well somethings will most certainly be important and others
    not so much.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 03:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yes, let’s get another belief system.
    Yep follow the crowd. At least you can be popular that way.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 04:39
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Yep follow the crowd. At least you can be popular that way.
    And get to think your OWN thoughts rather than parrot what your preacher says.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 05:071 edit
    And get to think your OWN thoughts rather than parrot what your preacher says.
    Test what they say with scripture.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 08:44

exploit those we can, and kill t ...[text shortened]... ife time does not mean they are not going to occur, it just means I'm wrong about my
    life time.
    Careful, Kelly. Thanks to some hateful people in this forum, most weeks don't go by without someone trying to give me hell about saying we only have maybe 50 years left, at most.

But I hope that even you aren't fooled, Kelly. The spectacular rise of Trump, and people voting for him who only reap the whirlwind because of his pro-wealthy, anti-middle-class policies, is only a precursor and a trial run of the rise of the Man in Black. Just as John heralded the coming of Jesus, Trump shows us how popular the Beast will be, at least for the first 3 1/2 years, before all must worship him or be killed. Science, the economy, politics, including most authority, and Hollywood (not to mention the Church [False Prophet?]) will be totally under his thrall. I hope we all have the strength to see him as he is, and not join him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree