A Sermon

A Sermon

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
Careful, Kelly. Thanks to some hateful people in this forum, most weeks don't go by without someone trying to give me hell about saying we only have maybe 50 years left, at most.
Do you not remember the thread about the 'end times' when you predicted that they will be upon us in your lifetime?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
And get to think your OWN thoughts rather than parrot what your preacher says.
It may surprise you to know that most preachers will have it wrong by the end, also. Whole congregations being turned over to the authorities for execution.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you not remember the thread about the 'end times' when you predicted that they will be upon us in your lifetime?
What do you think I'm talking about?

BTW, you're late. I've already been bitched at about this this week. Get in line.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Yes, let’s get another belief system.
Strap in, then. One is coming that won't be voluntary.

F

Moves
27 Nov 17

What do you think I'm talking about?
I was trying to cut through your rather 'Trump's America' style invective with a clear question.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Nov 17

I was trying to cut through your rather 'Trump's America' style invective with a clear question.
In case you haven't figured this out after your time on this planet, there's truth, and there are lies. In this post, you're mislabeling the two.

And, you've left out an important part of your description of your question. It was a clear goading question with an answer so obvious one wonders why it was asked. Except that I do not.

F

Moves
27 Nov 17

In case you haven't figured this out after your time on this planet, there's truth, and there are lies. In this post, you're mislabeling the two.

And, you've left out an important part of your description of your question. It was a clear goading question with an answer so obvious one wonders why it was asked. Except that I do not.
Do you think the 'end times' will be upon us in your lifetime?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Nov 17
1 edit

Do you think the 'end times' will be upon us in your lifetime?
I don't have time to school you over and over about this.

Go read the last time I talked in this forum about it. My thinking hasn't changed.

I have the same answer as the last dozen times you asked me this.

F

Moves
27 Nov 17

I don't have time to school you over and over about this.

Go read the last time I talked in this forum about it. My thinking hasn't changed.

I have the same answer as the last dozen times you asked me this.
Do you not remember the thread about the 'end times' not so long ago when I reminded you that you had predicted that they will be upon us in your lifetime and you called me hateful and a liar for claiming that you had?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Nov 17

Alright, since I rarely post here anymore, I'm going to call this thread to order. If I still can. Does anyone have anything to say about pantheism? Or about pantheism's potential role in relation to industrial society? Can the ecological "end times" be averted, or are we hopelessly bound to the scripts assigned to us by global consumerist capitalism?

F

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @rwingett
Alright, since I rarely post here anymore, I'm going to call this thread to order. If I still can.
My apologies.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 17

Careful, Kelly. Thanks to some hateful people in this forum, most weeks don't go by without someone trying to give me hell about saying we only have maybe 50 years left, at most.

But I hope that even you aren't fooled, Kelly. The spectacular rise of Trump, and people voting for him who only reap the whirlwind because of his pro-wealthy, anti-middle-cl ...[text shortened]... otally under his thrall. I hope we all have the strength to see him as he is, and not join him.
As long as we walk loving God and each other we do well, when we attack one another, we need to concern ourselves about the condition of our own hearts.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
As long as we walk loving God and each other we do well, when we attack one another, we need to concern ourselves about the condition of our own hearts.
😴

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
In regards to this thread though, the issue is less about how we attack each other and more about how we are attacking the planet. The Bible may indeed instruct you how to treat your neighbour but is noticeably negligent in telling you to treat the environment around you with respect.

Indeed, all this talk about being in the 'end times' is more likely to foster an attitude of belligerence towards the planet, seeing as we are all doomed anyway. (Which we are not). Humans will still be here thousands of years from now; granted, with two heads and advanced fashion sense.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
In regards to this thread though, the issue is less about how we attack each other and more about how we are attacking the planet. The Bible may indeed instruct you how to treat your neighbour but is noticeably negligent in telling you to treat the environment around you with respect.

Indeed, all this talk about being in the 'end times' is more ...[text shortened]... l still be here thousands of years from now; granted, with two heads and advanced fashion sense.
Indeed, Genesis 1:28 seems to give mankind license to do with the earth as he sees fit:

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

This verse seems to promote the view that man is distinct from nature and apart from it.