1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 13:49
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    BIG DEAL, walk on the south side of Chicago find some people who do not believe or
    care about God, you could find yourself dead there too. People, make the choices!
    A strawman. I wouldn't want to walk into a meeting of Mafia chieftons and yell, you are under arrest either.

Why do people assume the bible to be infallible when in fact what we know of as the bible wasn't even put together for 400 years after JC's death? For instance, the Gospel of Judas, a gnostic version of the Judas tale, is 100% backwards from the biblical Judas tale but now the religious set fully believes Judas is a world class rat, finking out their god but the Gnostic version says JC TOLD him he had to do that for the good of mankind and such.
    So it was just a flip of political wills at the Council of Nicea around the year 400 that had the bad Judas story included. And the rest of the bible, the same, Books writen a hundred years after JC's death now taken as literal books dictated by god.

Yet there are hundreds of books of biblical nature that could have been included in the bible but were not because the entire Nicea meeting was highly politicized and it was the will of the politicians that got the books we now see in the bible where the religious set now thinks of as infallible but just those two different version of the Judas tale shows proof that it was simply the political decisions of men 400 years after the fact that went into making up what we now think as the bible. There is no getting around that absolute fact. The bible is the result of hundreds of political decisions.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 17:51
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    So you say!
    Sure thingšŸ˜µ
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 10:27
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    A strawman. I wouldn't want to walk into a meeting of Mafia chieftons and yell, you are under arrest either.

Why do people assume the bible to be infallible when in fact what we know of as the bible wasn't even put together for 400 years after JC's death? For instance, the Gospel of Judas, a gnostic version of the Judas tale, is 100% backwards from the ...[text shortened]... o getting around that absolute fact. The bible is the result of hundreds of political decisions.
    The Bible was put together over 1500 years, written in 3 different languages, by over 40
    different people. Jesus was the focal point of the Bible long before He was born,
    and after He was born. I don't care what the gnostic versions say, and very few times in
    the whole Bible do you get direct quotes from God, no one any where I am aware of
    suggests the Bible was dictated by God. Could there be some that do think that, sure,
    but again people are all screwed up, you can get some people somewhere doing and
    saying just about anything.

Anyone can attempt to abuse scripture, people attempt to abuse public office, their jobs,
    their families, politics, and on and on. You again, look at the faults of people and assign blame
    on what you dislike, instead of just those that are doing evil, and wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree