1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 05:30
    OP - This thread is NOT about eterenal punishment.

And this thread is NOT about the requirements to enter into the kingdom of God.

But Rajk999 or Divegeester predictably will come in to MAKE this thread about one of those two subjects.

But it was intended to NOT be about their two favorite arguments with me. Let's see how long it takes.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 05:50
    Now that I said what my OP is not about what is the thread positively about ?

Christ - as God and man mingled as one.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 05:57
    Why is the personality of Jesus Christ so notable in history? There have been plenty of good men and women.
    It cannot be just because Jesus Christ was a good man.

Jesus Christ was not just a good person. He was gloriously good. His goodness is with an almost blinding radiance and splendor among all good people.

He is gloriously good to the point that one would rather squint the eyes or turn away or wish He was not there.

His goodness is gloriously bothering of us - a light uncomfortably penetrating and bright to many people.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 06:10
    When John writes the Isaiah the prophet SAW the glory of Jesus Christ, for certain he was referring to Isaiah saying that he saw the glory of Jehovah God.

Compare John's words about the prophet Isaiah.

But though He [Jesus] had done so many signs before them, they did not believe, that the word of Isaiah which he said might be fulfilled,

" Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"

For this reason they could not believe, because again Isaiah said,

"He has blinded their eyes and He hardened their heart, that they might not see with their eyes and understand with their heart and turn, and I will heal them."

These things said Isaiah because he saw His glory and spoke concerning Him." (John 12:37-41)

Here in the Old Testament is where Isaiah saw His glory - next post of mine.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 06:201 edit
    Isaiah sees Christ's glory when he sees Jehovah God.

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting on a high and lofty throne, and the train of His robe filled the temple.

Seraphim hovered over Him, each having six wings. With two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.

And one called to the other saying, Holy, holy, holy, Jehovah of hosts; the whole earth is filled with His glory.

And the foundations of the threshold shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.

Then I said, Woe is me, for I am finished!
    For I am a man of unclean lips, And in the midst of a people of unclean lips I dwell; Yet I have seen the King.

Jehovah of hosts. (Isaiah 6:1-5)

The seeing of Jehovah God, the God of Israel by Isaiah John says was Isaiah's seeing of the glory of Jesus Christ. For Jesus Christ is God incarnate and come to earth as a man.

"These things said Isaiah because he saw His glory and spoke of Him." (John 12:41)

May God have mercy to open our inner eyes to see.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 06:22
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Jesus Christ was not just a good person. He was gloriously good. His goodness is with an almost blinding radiance and splendor among all good people.
    Does the term "all good people" not include non-Christians as well?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Does the term "all good people" not include non-Christians as well?
    No. Non Christians are evil. They are tormented for eternity.
    Christians just profess their faith and they are good
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 12:182 edits

But Rajk999 or Divegeester predictably will come in to MAKE this thread about one of those two subjects.

But it was intended to NOT be about their two favorite arguments with me. Let's see how long it takes.
    You see, Mr Big Mouth, you can know everything and understand all of the bible, but it is only if you follow the commandments of Christ [which centers around brotherly love and charity] , it is ONLY THEN can you have a hope for eternal life. That is why I keep on telling people the truth. You continue to lead them astray.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
    and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
    And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries,
    and all knowledge; and though I have all faith,
    so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity,
    I am nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-2 KJV)

So according to Paul, you are nothing... if only because your doctrine promotes knowledge and faith and understanding, but denies the critical requirement for eternal life in the Kingdom of God which is love and charity.

Dive is destroying your false doctrines from another angle which Im sure you understand but which you ignore because your allegiance to the doctrines of men overrides the doctrine of Christ.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '18 13:551 edit
    Didn't I tell you all?

10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 01:24

It's about something alright
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 01:26
    Didn't I tell you all?

Just refute their arguments
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 06:23
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Just refute their arguments
    Again ??!! And AGAIN? and AGAIN? and AGAIN.?

Folks have to realize that there are many other things about the faith to discuss.

Here, when John said that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus he was referring to an Old Testament passage in which Isaiah had a vision of God !
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 06:28
    karoly aczel: Just refute their arguments

Again ??!! And AGAIN? and AGAIN? and AGAIN.?
    You've never made a credible moral argument. You've just used circular logic. Your ideology is one rooted in morally incoherent stupendously demented violence and all you've offered is your assertion that it is "perfect morality".
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 06:384 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You've never made a credible moral argument. You've just used circular logic. Your ideology is one rooted in morally incoherent stupendously demented violence and all you've offered is your assertion that it is "perfect morality".
    Ask me if I sit around waiting for you to pronounce a Christian's argument as a "credible" and "coherent" moral argument.

You don't have a credible or coherent argument to waver between two definitions of yourself as an "agnostic atheist".

Sounds like your trying to leave some escape route of ambiguity to avoid having weak arguments exposed.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '18 06:40
    Back to the OP.

Isaiah, some eight hundred years prior had a vision of God and the evangelist explains that that was of Jesus Christ.

Thoughts on that anyone ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree