A Thread Not About Something

A Thread Not About Something

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
as expected...
So it seems that there are three things about you.

You hate that there is a preaching of the gospel (this is the horrid proselytizing).

You hate that there could be eternal punishment.
The thought of connection with such believers is utterly humiliating that there would be an association.

You hate that a doctrine of the three-onenesss of God exists.

And it also seems that you would like to call yourself a brother in the Christian brotherhood but you are so embarrassed to be in the company and association with believers who feel differently about these three matters that you just HAVE to either:

Shame them to go away from you in silence.
Admit that they should not believe any of these things.

And you often sound unsure like - "Am I in on the club now?"

This is a strange case to me of one who protests too much.

Moves
24 Jul 18
1 edit

Yes or No sonship.
I guarantee you will not give a yes or no answer.
As expected.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18
3 edits

As expected.
As expected I deal with some questions with the care to detail that they deserve rather than the naivete of simplicity that superficial treatment might have.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jul 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
I'm not a Christian, sonship, and your ideology is that of a torturer god.
Oh, YOU are not a christian ... So YOU need not give answers.

Well then if this is going to be your stock reply from now on, then I will also answer every question you have with "I am not an Atheist FMF ..." and leave it at that.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Remember that now.

Moves
26 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
As expected I deal with some questions with the care to detail that they deserve rather than the naivete of simplicity that [b]superficial treatment might have.[/b]
As expected you are too cowardly to answer that question I put to you. How you and KellyJay behave here depresses me.

F

Moves
05 Aug 18

Oh, YOU are not a christian ... So YOU need not give answers.
I am an agnostic atheist and I am happy to give answers about my beliefs. I have never claimed that I "need not give answers".

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Aug 18
1 edit

Like I said, ask me if I wait for you an "agnostic atheist" (whatever that could possibly be ) to pronounce a Christian's belief as a coherent and credible moral argument.

You say you don't recognize sin. You say that you have never sinned. You say that "sinning" doesn't apply to you because, well, you're an "agnostic atheist".

You don't li ...[text shortened]... r feeling slighted because you feel sinned against or something close to being "sinned" against.
See what happens when you leave the screen door open?
Huh, do ya?

Yes, I know, I know... there is no screen door. 😞

F

Moves
05 Aug 18

You say you don't recognize sin. You say that you have never sinned. You say that "sinning" doesn't apply to you because, well, you're an "agnostic atheist".
That's right. I believe that "sin" ~ being a transgression against a divine law laid down by a supernatural being ~ only exists in the imaginations of those who believe in that supernatural being. So, yes, "sinning" applies to you ~ and it's your right and prerogative to be superstitious in the way that you are and to see yourself as a "sinner" who is "sinful" ~ but your notion of "sinning" does not apply to me.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
06 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
That's right. I believe that "sin" ~ being a transgression against a divine law laid down by a supernatural being ~ only exists in the imaginations of those who believe in that supernatural being. So, yes, "sinning" applies to you ~ and it's your right and prerogative to be superstitious in the way that you are and to see yourself as a "sinner" who is "sinful" ~ but your notion of "sinning" does not apply to me.
it's your right... to see yourself as a "sinner" who is "sinful" ~ but your notion of "sinning" does not apply to me.

If sin isn't a problem for you then why all the fuss? Jesus didn't come here to save you, he came to save sinners.
Do you visit a doctor to treat you for a medical condition you don't have? Of course not, but why would you complain about someone visiting a doctor who does have a problem?
Are you a doctor who knows everything there is to know about medicine?

It's one thing to claim you don't need any help, and quite another to claim that because you don't then neither does anyone else.
You are entitled to your personal opinions and beliefs, and you're even entitled to claim those opinions and beliefs trump anyone elses.

You're also entitled to seek professional help if you think you have the authority to foist those opinions and beliefs on anyone else.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
06 Aug 18
1 edit

Like I said, ask me if I wait for you an "agnostic atheist" (whatever that could possibly be ) to pronounce a Christian's belief as a coherent and credible moral argument.

You don't li ...[text shortened]... r feeling slighted because you feel sinned against or something close to being "sinned" against.
You chase posters around after feeling slighted because you feel sinned against or something close to being "sinned" against.

Oh come on, that's not fair! FMF and divegeester have both shown great courage in the face of withering word challenges.

Whether or not they could demonstrate the same testicular fortitude in opposing someone literally holding a sword to their throat, insisting they hoist their rumps up high in the air as they pray three times a day to allah, is irrelevant.
They deserve praise (not criticism) for the courage to dodge the onerous slings and arrows of rational discussion.

F

Moves
06 Aug 18

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
If sin isn't a problem for you then why all the fuss?
It isn't "fuss". It's just debate and discussion.

F

Moves
06 Aug 18

Oh come on, that's not fair! FMF and divegeester have both shown great courage in the face of withering word challenges.

Whether or not they could demonstrate the same testicular fortitude in opposing someone literally holding a sword to their throat, insisting they hoist their rumps up high in the air as they pray three times a day to allah, is irrel ...[text shortened]... e (not criticism) for the courage to dodge the onerous slings and arrows of rational discussion.
"Allah"?

F

Moves
06 Aug 18

You're also entitled to seek professional help if you think you have the authority to foist those opinions and beliefs on anyone else.
"Foist"?

"Professional help"?

Moves
06 Aug 18

Whether or not they could demonstrate the same testicular fortitude in opposing someone literally holding a sword to their throat, insisting they hoist their rumps up high in the air as they pray three times a day to allah, is irrelev ...[text shortened]... e (not criticism) for the courage to dodge the onerous slings and arrows of rational discussion.
I bet you're a draw for the old biddies down the Christian ladies meeting with all your edgy repartee.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Aug 18

I bet you're a draw for the old biddies down the Christian ladies meeting with all your edgy repartee.
Naw, my wife wants me to stay home.

( she's jealous )