1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 01:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    So taking innocent lives with a weapon that clearly maximizes the taking of innocent lives, and intentionally so [in itself arguably the ultimate kind of "terrorist act"... as you said "...When the locals fear us enough..."] jives with your 'sanctity of unique distinct innocent human lives' thing?
    Taking enemy lives in war is not taking innocent life. Even killing enemy women and children is not evil.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 01:59
    Originally posted by Eladar
    We should have nuked Tehran during the time of the hostage crisis. If we had, maybe we could have avoided this terrorist crap. Perhaps a few more islamic cities turned to glass would be reqired.
    Is this it's ok to turn cities into glass argument also valid [as a rationale, not in terms of whether you like it] for other countries around the world who think nuclear attacks on the U.S. might bring an end to the harm they feel they suffer as a result of the actions of the U.S. and its proxies?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:02
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Life without God is not meaningless.

I made no comment about whether or not life 'with' God is meaningless. As an atheist, that's not for me to say, though assume a theist finds it meaningful..
    Fair enough.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:03
    Taking enemy lives in war is not taking innocent life. Even killing enemy women and children is not evil.
    So do you believe that the taking of the lives of American non-combatant men, women and children in this "war" you are talking about is "not taking innocent life" and "is not evil"?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:06
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Nope but 'clay' formed in the image of God filled with the life giving breath of God does. That's what separates us from other beasts.
    'Breath' of God.

Sometimes even the blind stumble over the right answer eventually.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:07
    Originally posted by apathist
    A deep and divisive subject.

Should a woman have a right to choose? What are the boundaries, and why?

What about the man? What rights for him?
    If you believe it's a human life inside than what right is there that allows one person to just want another to die and it's okay?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Remember no one is in agreement what god is around here or anywhere, therefor your comment is very diluted
    I tire mightily of this excuse.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    death penalty? Heck they should've elected you!
    Didn't they?

Trump and Eladar are soulmates.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    So do you believe that the taking of the lives of American non-combatant men, women and children in this "war" you are talking about is "not taking innocent life" and "is not evil"?
    War is war. If we do not defend our own it is our fault. If we do mot kill the ememy it is our fault.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:161 edit
    FMF: So do you believe that the taking of the lives of American non-combatant men, women and children in this "war" you are talking about is "not taking innocent life" and "is not evil"?

War is war. If we do not defend our own it is our fault. If we do mot kill the ememy it is our fault.

"In war", is killing non-combatant Americans "not taking innocent life"? And "in war", is it "not evil" for America's enemies to kill non-combatant Americans?
    You appear to have dodged my specific question.

"In war", according to you, is killing non-combatant Americans "not taking innocent life"? And "in war", is it "not evil" for America's enemies to kill non-combatant Americans?
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    ... I think there are instances where termination of a rape baby ...
    Are all abortions of babies?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    You appear to have dodged my specific question.

"In war", according to you, is killing non-combatant Americans "not taking innocent life"? And "in war", is it "not evil" for America's enemies to kill non-combatant Americans?
    I answered your question. In war there are no non-combatants. Those are terms people like to throw around before and after wars.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:231 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    Are all abortions of babies?
    Fetus is Latin for young child.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:24
    I answered your question. In war there are no non-combatants. Those are terms people like to throw around before and after wars.
    So American citizens who have been killed by terrorists were not "innocent lives" in your view?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 02:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    So American citizens who have been killed by terrorists were not "innocent lives" in your view?
    Of course not, not to the Jihadists. They have declared war. We are too stupid to see it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree