1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 12:12
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    lol Good luck getting hold of one.
    Yea, we will have to make due with parts of another large creature called a cow. 🙂
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 14:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yea, we will have to make due with parts of another large creature called a cow. 🙂
    As a temporary Jainist, I'm not sure if i'm allowed to eat cow.

Will give Dasa a call to check.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 15:42
    As a temporary Jainist, I'm not sure if i'm allowed to eat cow.

Will give Dasa a call to check.
    If you are just temporary...🙂
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 18:06
    Originally posted by finnegan
    As a rule of thumb, something that is true on this thread is true also on adjacent threads, while something that is nonsense on other threads does not cease to be nonsense when repeated on this thread.

Standards of truth can be objective. They are established socially. That is what makes them objective. This must be distinguished from psychological tr ...[text shortened]... one.

I have yet to discover if you agree on this thread with what you say on other threads.
    If reality is unchanging and knowable, why can't truth be unchanging and knowable? By truth I mean an accurate description of reality.
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Jul '16 23:18
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    If reality is unchanging and knowable, why can't truth be unchanging and knowable? By truth I mean an accurate description of reality.
    Who is claiming that reality is unchanging? Who is claiming that (all?) reality is necessarily knowable? Finnegan surely is not (unless I missed it somewhere). I have not. That's just a claim that I missed.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 04:29
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Who is claiming that reality is unchanging? Who is claiming that (all?) reality is necessarily knowable? Finnegan surely is not (unless I missed it somewhere). I have not. That's just a claim that I missed.
    So today you may be human and tomorrow you may not be?
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 20:30
    So today you may be human and tomorrow you may not be?
    I meant more like: “Today I am here, tomorrow I may not be.” Or: “Today I am alive, tomorrow I might be dead.” Or: “There was a house here, now it’s gone.” Or: “There was a solar system here . . .” Or: . . .

From my view, after I am dead, it will be the case that I was a human being. Since I will no longer be “be-ing”—at least as what I understand a human to be—then I have nothing to say.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 21:03
    I meant more like: “Today I am here, tomorrow I may not be.” Or: “Today I am alive, tomorrow I might be dead.” Or: “There was a house here, now it’s gone.” Or: “There was a solar system here . . .” Or: . . .

From my view, after I am dead, it will be the case that I was a human being. Since I will no longer be “be-ing”—at least as what I understand a human to be—then I have nothing to say.
    Are those "absolute truths" or temporary ones? Absolute would not be so fickle nor changeable!
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 21:082 edits
    Are those "absolute truths" or temporary ones? Absolute would not be so fickle nor changeable!
    I just want to be clear here: the word “absolute” just means for you “permanent” (or “everlasting”?), rather than “temporary”. Is that correct? (I don’t want to be carried off on another tangent.)

EDIT: To be clear, I did not deny that that there might be realities (facts) that are unchanging--I only dispute the idea that Reality (as some kind of sum of those facts?) is unchanging.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 21:30
    I just want to be clear here: the word “absolute” just means for you “permanent” (or “everlasting”?), rather than “temporary”. Is that correct? (I don’t want to be carried off on another tangent.)

EDIT: To be clear, I did not deny that that there might be realities (facts) that are unchanging--I only dispute the idea that Reality (as some kind of sum of those facts?) is unchanging.
    As I said earlier "I AM" in my opinion is the only absolute.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 21:35
    As I said earlier "I AM" in my opinion is the only absolute.
    Whatever that means to you, fine.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Jul '16 07:12

Would you consider the fact that you are human as absolute or is this a reality that can change?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jul '16 11:02
    Would you consider the fact that you are human as absolute or is this a reality that can change?
    He has already explained sir that it is a reality that would change after he died. (Human today, dust tomorrow).
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Jul '16 11:121 edit
    He has already explained sir that it is a reality that would change after he died. (Human today, dust tomorrow).
    And the fact that he was human today, can that fact ever change?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '16 15:081 edit

Absolute for me means it is permanent and does not require opinion or circumstances to
    be just right. That may not be how the rest of creation views it, but it is how I do. Reality
    or circumstances can change for anything else, opinions can change for anything else,
    and with it how things are viewed and or defined. Absolute will not require anything else
    for it to be who or what it is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree