1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 23:52
    When is and isn't "intentional race-based discrimination" morally sound?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 00:02
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Never, unless the position in itself is race based. I'm thinking the leader of an indian tribe.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 00:08
    Easy.

Racism towards white, conservative, Christians is acceptable cuz they have it coming to them. Racism against anyone else is not OK.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 00:13
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Easy.

Racism towards white, conservative, Christians is acceptable cuz they have it coming to them. Racism against anyone else is not OK.
    That pretty much sums it up.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Easy.

I am not sure this caricature is as politically insightful or as resonant as you think it is, unless your intended audience is white supremacists, Alex Jones/Mark Levin fans, and Trump supporters, in which case your "analysis" might work.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 00:51
    FMF: When is and isn't "intentional race-based discrimination" morally sound?

Originally posted by @eladar
    Never...
    I thought you were a supporter of "intentional race-based discrimination" in the private sector, in matters of recruitment, staffing, transactions, business choices, customers and clients etc. But here you are saying "never"?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:02
    I thought you were a supporter of "intentional race-based discrimination" in the private sector, in matters of recruitment, staffing, transactions, business choices, customers and clients etc. But here you are saying "never"?
    In favor for the right to do so.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:04
    In favor for the right to do so.
    Is it, in your view, "morally sound" to do so?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:20
    Is it, in your view, "morally sound" to do so?
    I may disagree with a person, but that does not mean a person should not be free to do so.

A person spends his or her own money creating the company. It should be his or her right to hire people for any reason. It is called freedom. No where in the Constitution does it give the right for the government to micromanage private businesses.

Constitutionality doesn't really matter when you have 5 politically appointed people say otherwise.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:25
    I may disagree with a person, but that does not mean a person should not be free to do so.

A person spends his or her own money creating the company. It should be his or her right to hire people for any reason. It is called freedom. No where in the Constitution does it give the right for the government to micromanage private businesses.

Constitutionality doesn't really matter when you have 5 politically appointed people say otherwise.
    If you don't mind, I will ask the question again: is it "morally sound" to engage in intentional race-based discrimination? The question isn't about your Supreme Court or your Constitution or about retail politics in the U.S. It's just a moral question.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:27
    If you don't mind, I will ask the question again: is it "morally sound" to engage in intentional race-based discrimination? The question isn't about your Supreme Court or your Constitution or about retail politics in the U.S. It's just a moral question.
    The question is if people should be allowed to act in a way which you believe to be moralky unsound.

The answer to that question goes a long way in deciding if you believe in a free society or a Manor.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:32
    The question is if people should be allowed to act in a way which you believe to be moralky unsound.
    No, you are mistaken. The question is exactly as I have stated it. Here it is: Is it, in your view, morally sound to engage in intentional race-based discrimination? That is the question that I am putting to you, not some other question that you have come up with.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:33
    No, you are mistaken. The question is exactly as I have stated it. Here it is: [b]Is it, in your view, morally sound to engage in intentional race-based discrimination? That is the question that I am putting to you, not some other question that you have come up with.[/b]
    No, you are mistaken.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:33
    The answer to that question ... blah blah blah.
    OK, whatever. Thanks. But what about your answer to my question?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 01:37
    Can you give your opinion of why affirmative action was made policy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree