1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:13
    Originally posted by @eladar
    In such case it would not be my company. My company would take no government funds.
    I'm not sure why you are sidestepping the meat of what I asked you. Where the government (or other public institution) is the employer or transactor, do you feel there should be some greater burden of evidence with regard to "trust" (or mistrust) than with something equivalent in the private sector?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:15
    That is fine and dandy. I answered your question in my first post.

I'll see if anyone wants to deal with the problem I brought up, which is discrimination based on perceived discrimination. It is based on the belief that every racial group has the same set of skills.
    Here is the question.

If the reports I read were accurate 80 percent of blacks have an IQ below 100. Only 1 percent has an IQ over 120. Ten times as many whites have an IQ over 120, e asians more like 17 times.

So should college degree rates match IQ rates or simply skin color rates? If blacks are so lacking in school smarts, should a correspinding lack of blacks in Universities be considered evidence of discrimination?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:16
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I'm not sure why you are sidestepping the meat of what I asked you. Where the government (or other public institution) is the employer or transactor, do you feel there should be some greater burden of evidence with regard to "trust" (or mistrust) than with something equivalent in the private sector?
    I did not side step it. It would not be my call.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:22
    I did not side step it. It would not be my call.
    I have made it your call: do you think the government bears a greater burden of evidence with regard to adjudicating "trust" than people operating in the private sector?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:23
    I have made it your call: [b]do you think the government bears a greater burden of evidence with regard to adjudicating "trust" than people operating in the private sector?[/b]
    I am not the government. You can't make it my call. Now for my question?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:31
    Here is the question.

If the reports I read were accurate 80 percent of blacks have an IQ below 100. Only 1 percent has an IQ over 120. Ten times as many whites have an IQ over 120, e asians more like 17 times.

So should college degree rates match IQ rates or simply skin color rates? If blacks are so lacking in school smarts, should a correspinding lack of blacks in Universities be considered evidence of discrimination?
    I think access to college education and the service it provides to society involves an awful lot more than just "IQ scores". So I don't think college degree rates should too closely reflect IQ rates, no, I think education providers should do whatever they can to reflect the society they serve and to tackle systemic inequality so that it becomes less and less of a problem in the future.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:32
    I am not the government.
    I am not claiming you are the government. I am asking you as a citizen.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:33
    I think access to college education and the service it provides to society involves an awful lot more than just "IQ scores". So I don't think college degree rates should too closely reflect IQ rates, no, I think education providers should do whatever they can to reflect the society they serve and to tackle systemic inequality so that it becomes less and less of a problem in the future.
    Do you believe a person with IQ 90 is capable of attaining lets say a BS in Mathematics?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:431 edit
    Do you believe a person with IQ 90 is capable of attaining lets say a BS in Mathematics?
    I don't know. Possibly. Can they? I don't know what my IQ is or what yours is, for that matter. I doubt I could attain BSc in mathematics. Is it something you're good at? I am unimpressed by the 'IQ-industry'. A person with no possibility of functioning properly or ever really serving society or running anything or having any kind of leadership role can have a high IQ, while someone who can do all those things as a result of receiving an education can find themselves really bad at doing IQ tests, so I don't really subscribe to whatever store you want to place on the particular statistical calculation. What other considerations, aside from "IQ", do you think should have a bearing upon the demographics and the nature of college campuses?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:46
    I don't know. Possibly. Can they? I don't know what my IQ is or what yours is, for that matter. I doubt I could attain BSc in mathematics. Is it something you're good at? I am unimpressed by the 'IQ-industry'. A person with no possibility of functioning properly or ever really serving society or running anything or having any kind of leadership role can have a ...[text shortened]... Q", do you think should have a bearing upon the demographics and the nature of college campuses?
    You have never taught. I don't think you know first hand how some people struggle with basic math, let alone Calc 1.

Education should be for those who have the brains and desire for it.

But I think you changed the question I asked. I asked if it discrimination if degree rates match IQ rates.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:52
    But I think you changed the question I asked. I asked if it discrimination if degree rates match IQ rates.
    I think I answered this head on.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:53
    You have never taught.
    Are you sure?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:542 edits
    How many people in your country with IQ 90 are applying to do a BSc in Mathematics? How many are being accepted? How many are graduating?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:54
    Are you sure?
    Have you taught in a public school with a sizable low income student body?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 03:56
    Education should be for those who have the brains and desire for it.
    I think education should be for those who benefit from it and who have the desire for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree